Favorite Brothers in Libera

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Benj
Silver Member

Favorite Brothers in Libera

Post by Benj »

I'm not sure if this topic has been covered before. We all know the Leggetts, the Barringtons, the Coles and the Vereyckens. Does anybody know if there are more brothers tandem we can look forward to in the future? Maybe Tom C or Mike H have brothers equally as talented who might join someday?

My favorite are the Vereyckens. I thought they were the same person until i saw them together in the Far Away video! I read in a profile that they have another brother is that true? Will he likely join Libera?

I like Michael V in particular. He looks so kind and innocent. When he sings, just by looking at his stance and facial expression you can see how sincere he is in delivering the message of the song. Check I Vow to thee my Country live in Leiden. He's always like that. In a Libera robe he looks like a little Bishop singing. I predict he will become an Obispo someday =)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Most talented was clearly Steven and Darren. Both was lead soloests in there time in Libera.

None of the other brothers have been leads of any kind,
trackandfield08

Post by trackandfield08 »

I don't think that solos or leads designate who the most talented are, rather who are the most comfortable and outgoing. Of course, talent plays a crucial role in a solo or lead, but you have to be comfortable in that position as well in order to pull off the solo. Michael V's brother, James (I think that's his name?), had the main solo in abide with me. I think all of the Libera boys are very talented. Some are better in the lead roles, like Daren and Steven, while other boys' talents lie in the harmony parts, like Sam or Alex. Personally, I like the Leggett boys the best because I connect with them more. Being an alto, I often sing the harmony parts and recognize the difficulties in singing a harmony while others around you are singing the melody.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

I agree with track on thier point on talent.

Personally, like track, I connect more with the leggetts as well because 1. I'm a 2nd Tenor/baritone/bass and usually get ALOT of harmonies which seems to be Sam's forte and Alex is close behind. Sometimes I wonder if there is jealousy for the simple reason on Alex being given solos during concert(such as Always With You), but then again Sam may not have wanted any solos to begin with. 2. I connect more with this set of brothersonly because they were the main set when I first started listening and following Libera. Although the barringtons are not far behind.

Also there is another set of brothers from the earlier years, the Barons( Chris and Alex)
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

I'd have to say that my favorite pair of brothers in Libera would be the Leggetts. It's mainly because when I started listening to the group, the current lineup included the Leggett brothers. Michael V.'s brother wasn't in the group anymore, and I think the Cole brothers either hadn't joined yet or had just joined, so I was more familiar with Sam and Alex.

However, I think it's great when family members get involved in Libera, so each set of siblings is special. It would be such a great experience and memory to have once you were an adult, remembering the time you spent singing together as a part of Libera.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

I'm so glad you mentioned the Vereyckens! Michael is still one of my favorite choristers of all time; he seemed so practical and earnest. It would be great to see another Libera member from their family sometime.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

As of today we have 3 more sets of brothers to consider! Mine & Sere Akpobome, Jude & Luke Collins, and Josh & Matthew Madine! Of course we know very little about them at this point, but in the future this will be a much more difficult question, I think. :wink:
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

libera36 wrote:As of today we have 3 more sets of brothers to consider! Mine & Sere Akpobome, Jude & Luke Collins, and Josh & Matthew Madine! Of course we know very little about them at this point, but in the future this will be a much more difficult question, I think. :wink:

thank you for that AWESOME information, may I ask how did you come across it!?
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

hum never mind just saw the arundel thread lol

I am going to feel a little bad for matthew because like it or not he's unfortunately going tobe compared to his big bro which will suck because he is his own person...i hope a comparison doesn't happen often!
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

Benj
Silver Member

brothers

Post by Benj »

libera36 wrote:As of today we have 3 more sets of brothers to consider! Mine & Sere Akpobome, Jude & Luke Collins, and Josh & Matthew Madine! Of course we know very little about them at this point, but in the future this will be a much more difficult question, I think. :wink:
Wow! Thank you so much for the info. Most don't know Josh has a brother in or will be in Libera. I asked Jakob during the M&G if him and Josh were first or second cousins. He was very proud to say first cousins! And said Sam and Alex too. What a talented family.

I also talked to Luke who politely introduced himself as "I'm the new one." So i guess Jude is an older brother who was once with Libera too.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: brothers

Post by Yorkie »

Benj wrote:
Wow! Thank you so much for the info. Most don't know Josh has a brother in or will be in Libera. I asked Jakob during the M&G if him and Josh were first or second cousins. He was very proud to say first cousins! And said Sam and Alex too. What a talented family.

I also talked to Luke who politely introduced himself as "I'm the new one." So i guess Jude is an older brother who was once with Libera too.
Nope, Jude is a younger brother and in the up and coming group of 'younglings' to borrow a Star Wars ism.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Thanks for clarifying that Yorkie. Should've been Luke & Jude.

I was just looking at some Arundel pics and vids today. During the picture taking at the end, the Younglings are at the back! At least from those that i saw. They left right away too as soon as the regular members in front left.

Nobody thought of holding the Younglings for a second to pose for a group picture? Where were the organizing staff? Wasn't this event suppose to be the Younglings moment too? Them being presented first time to the public? Was it just a lapse or is it due to those security, protection blah blahs again?
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

going back a bit now but there were also the Robson's, Winter's and Baron's.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Jude Andrew wrote:going back a bit now but there were also the Robson's, Winter's and Baron's.

Chris Robson had a brother?
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

irishoreo wrote:
Jude Andrew wrote:going back a bit now but there were also the Robson's, Winter's and Baron's.

Chris Robson had a brother?
ya know... I was 99% sure ... until you asked the question :oops: I must have mixed him up with someone else but not sure who?? either that or I am gone barking....