East Asia Tour - April 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

alicealc

Post by alicealc »

thx for sharing, chix and phlibera! ^__^
seems like Luke Collins is the next promising soloist after Stefan Leadbeater :D
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

lacrymosa2 wrote:
chix wrote:
lacrymosa2 wrote: Thanks again chix! Do you mind sending me the link for the blog? I can help you get a better translation because I speak, read, and write Japanese.
Cool!

First part: http://fromsky.exblog.jp/12457857/
Second part: http://fromsky.exblog.jp/12458477/

i got some of the details from an email though. :)
Thank you. There is another blog which covered the first part of the concert: http://sorasidoremifaso.blog60.fc2.com/

This blogger mentioned that Stefan and Alfie were doing Libera, but with Stefan doing the high notes. He or she also confirmed Ben's presence as a soloist in Sanctissima.

One thing I am suspicious about with the link you gave me was that the poster mentioned Ben doing the high notes of Sanctus, which does not seem to make sense. Also the same blogger from the link you provided said that Flynn did the high parts for Stay With Me, which conflicts with the information she gave you.

With that said, I believe the programme will be consistent with the Seoul concert and the two Manila concerts, so we will find out then.
Sorry to make you confused I have 2 source btw. I haven't contact the blogger from the link that I gave you. hahah I can't figure out how to post comment. But I believe he/she's not sure whether it's Flynn on Stay With Me. However I found another Japanese fan who confirmed to me (through email and that was written in English) that it was Luke who sang the higher parts.
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

phlibera wrote:@lacrymosa2, you read and write Japanese? :?: Where have you been all this time our nose were bleeding in trying to decipher Google's translations? :lol: :lol:
Sorry. I have other things to catch up on that's why, haha. I do read, write, and speak French as well.
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

chix wrote:
lacrymosa2 wrote:
chix wrote:
Cool!

First part: http://fromsky.exblog.jp/12457857/
Second part: http://fromsky.exblog.jp/12458477/

i got some of the details from an email though. :)
Thank you. There is another blog which covered the first part of the concert: http://sorasidoremifaso.blog60.fc2.com/

This blogger mentioned that Stefan and Alfie were doing Libera, but with Stefan doing the high notes. He or she also confirmed Ben's presence as a soloist in Sanctissima.

One thing I am suspicious about with the link you gave me was that the poster mentioned Ben doing the high notes of Sanctus, which does not seem to make sense. Also the same blogger from the link you provided said that Flynn did the high parts for Stay With Me, which conflicts with the information she gave you.

With that said, I believe the programme will be consistent with the Seoul concert and the two Manila concerts, so we will find out then.
Sorry to make you confused I have 2 source btw. I haven't contact the blogger from the link that I gave you. hahah I can't figure out how to post comment. But I believe he/she's not sure whether it's Flynn on Stay With Me. However I found another Japanese fan who confirmed to me (through email and that was written in English) that it was Luke who sang the higher parts.
Okay, thanks. I cannot get a consistent answer on the soloist for Ave Verum. The source I provided said Flynn, but the one you gave me mentioned Jakob. So I guess the best answer might probably be from you, provided you are going to the Manila concerts.
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

lacrymosa2 wrote:Okay, thanks. I cannot get a consistent answer on the soloist for Ave Verum. The source I provided said Flynn, but the one you gave me mentioned Jakob. So I guess the best answer might probably be from you, provided you are going to the Manila concerts.
Maybe we should wait for the Korean fans as well. Libera will not perform all the songs they performed in Japan and Korea in Manila since it's only a promotional tour. Most songs they will be singing are from Peace.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

lacrymosa2 wrote:
phlibera wrote:@lacrymosa2, you read and write Japanese? :?: Where have you been all this time our nose were bleeding in trying to decipher Google's translations? :lol: :lol:
Sorry. I have other things to catch up on that's why, haha. I do read, write, and speak French as well.
Haha... Thanks for reading the Japanese blogs and providing us English information. I wrote here yesterday that this forum needs a resident Japanese translator. Didn't know that we always had you. Haha... And French translator, too. That makes 2 resident French translators, you and fan_de_LoK. Now all we need is a resident Korean translator! :)
paopao

Post by paopao »

alicealc wrote:thx for sharing, chix and phlibera! ^__^
seems like Luke Collins is the next promising soloist after Stefan Leadbeater :D
and Ralph, of course :wink:
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

chix wrote:
lacrymosa2 wrote:Thanks. I am assuming that Luke did the high notes for "Stay With Me"?
Yup, she said to me Luke sang Liam's part. :)
A little surprised that Matthew Rangel-Alvarez didn't sing the high parts for this...and that I don't see his name in the soloist list (although it's not yet complete). He blew me away last year when he did the high parts for Stay With Me. Still, it's exciting that this concert has so many new soloists. I'd love to hear mini James and Freddie's rendition of Love and Mercy. Those two are simply too cute.

Anyway, I hope Takatsugu Muramatsu does another collaboration with RP. The end results are always runaway winners.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Carina sometimes you have the uncanny knack of saying everything I was going to say lol - so I don't need to post anymore

Suffice to say, finally a little more detail is now coming in via the blogs, so thanks to everyone for sourcing them out, and of course to the owners for publishing them.

They haven't been able to do much sightseeing in Japan, basically a trip straight from the airport to Tokyo Tower seems to be the whole of it. I'm hoping - depending of when they travel to Manila - they will be able to enjoy some 'choral downtime' (probably not to the liking of Mr D Ross ) after their concert today in Korea.
yayoi310

East Asia (Japan & Korea) Tour

Post by yayoi310 »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I'd like to share my experience of Libera's amazing concert at Orchard Hall in Tokyo on both Apr. 8 and Apr.9.

Here's the set list and soloists:

A boy walked in to the center of the stage, stood alone and while he was singng 'Are you the door, are you the key ?', all other boys were on the stage and a boy (Stefan !) tured to us, the audience.

Then the concert started.

Part 1:
1. Adoramus (solo: Alfie)
2. Libera (solo: Stefan and Alfie)

Sammy talks about this spring tour.

3. Time (starting with Josh's solo, then Alex, Ralph, Jakob, Mathew and Ben joined.)
4. Sanctus (the last High note by Stefan.)
5. Sanctissima (solo: Ben)
6. Ave Verum (solo: Mathew, Clarinet by Steven G.)
7. Far Away (solo: Ben and Ralph, high note by Kavana, accompanied with RP's piano)
8. Salva Me (solo: Stefan)

Ben talks about their US tour on 2008.

9. Agnus Dei (started by Alex's solo, then Jakob, Daniel, Ralph joined. Steven plays Clarinet.)
10. Exultate (solo: Ben, duet: Stefan and Daniel, with Steven's Recorder)

intermission (15 or 20 minutes)

Part 2:

All boys appeared wearing black robes on their white robes.

1. Mysterium (solo: Stefan)
2. Orinoco Flow

While Freddie talks about their robes, other boys disapeared (for changing robes, I think.)
Then RP plays piano and all boys came back on the stage with thier white robes.

3. The Fountain (solo: Ralph)
4. How can I keep from singing ? (solo: Sammy)
5. When a knight (started with Steven's Pipe. solo: Ralph)
6. Love and Mercy (duet: Freddie and mini-James)

Josh's talk about his changing voice and introducing next song.

7. Secret (solo: Ben)
8. Stay with me (duet: Daniel and Ralph, high note: Mathew)
9. Deep Peace (solo: Stefan, James T)

Cassius introduce the last song and saying good night.

10. How shall I sing that majesty
(solo: Jakob, Stefan)

Encore: Libera

I'm not good at English, so there will be many misspellings or expressions.
And I described all the details of the concerts as far as I could remember.
If the above are wrong on some points, I'll correct later.

Anyway, I enjoyed Libera's amazing performance!

Yayoi
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you very much Yayoi :D

So it was Stephan on Mysterium ??
Whaoouu, I'm in hurry to hear et see that by myself, idem for James-M and Freddie duet on Love and Mercy ! And Matthew as soloist on Ave Verum, and everything else !! :D

34 days remains before Arundel !

On the french forum Bernard have posted us this photo from the begining of the signing session, but apparently he was immediately told to not take photos... :?
paopao

Re: East Asia (Japan & Korea) Tour

Post by paopao »

yayoi310 wrote:Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I'd like to share my experience of Libera's amazing concert at Orchard Hall in Tokyo on both Apr. 8 and Apr.9.

Here's the set list and soloists:

A boy walked in to the center of the stage, stood alone and while he was singng 'Are you the door, are you the key ?', all other boys were on the stage and a boy (Stefan !) tured to us, the audience.

Then the concert started.

Part 1:
1. Adoramus (solo: Alfie)
2. Libera (solo: Stefan and Alfie)

Sammy talks about this spring tour.

3. Time (starting with Josh's solo, then Alex, Ralph, Jakob, Mathew and Ben joined.)
4. Sanctus (the last High note by Stefan.)
5. Sanctissima (solo: Ben)
6. Ave Verum (solo: Mathew, Clarinet by Steven G.)
7. Far Away (solo: Ben and Ralph, high note by Kavana, accompanied with RP's piano)
8. Salva Me (solo: Stefan)

Ben talks about their US tour on 2008.

9. Agnus Dei (started by Alex's solo, then Jakob, Daniel, Ralph joined. Steven plays Clarinet.)
10. Exultate (solo: Ben, duet: Stefan and Daniel, with Steven's Recorder)

intermission (15 or 20 minutes)

Part 2:

All boys appeared wearing black robes on their white robes.

2. Orinoco Flow

While Freddie talks about their robes, other boys disapeared (for changing robes, I think.)

3. The Fountain (solo: Ralph)
4. How can I keep from singing ? (solo: Sammy)
5. When a knight (started with Steven's Pipe. solo: Ralph)
6. Love and Mercy (duet: Freddie and mini-James)

Josh's talk about his changing voice and introducing next song.

7. Secret (solo: Ben)
8. Stay with me (duet: Daniel and Ralph, high note: Mathew)
9. Deep Peace (solo: Stefan, James T)

Cassius introduce the last song and saying good night.

10. How shall I sing that majesty
(solo: Jakob, Stefan)

Encore: Libera

I'm not good at English, so there will be many misspellings or expressions.
And I described all the details of the concerts as far as I could remember.
If the above are wrong on some points, I'll correct later.

Anyway, I enjoyed Libera's amazing performance!

Yayoi
よこそ!welcome..
this is a nice and detailed review, thank you for sharing your experience. I'm just curious about the black robes on the white robes, and how Exsultate and The Fountain sounded live. would be great to release a dvd of this tour.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: East Asia (Japan & Korea) Tour

Post by JimmyRiddle »

yayoi310 wrote: All boys appeared wearing black robes on their white robes.

2. Orinoco Flow

Does this mean ickle Freddie was the only one left in Black, when all the other boys came back in their white robes? lol

Thanks Yayoi! - finally the peices in the jigsaw are coming together. Agree with fan_de_LoK I would love to hear Stefan on Mysterium, and the two mini boys version of Love and Mercy. :)
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

@yayoi310 Welcome to the forum. Thank you so much for this information. We have been looking for this since after the first concert last Thursday. :-)

This lineup... What a difference six months make! It's a bittersweet reading all the new names and missing all the old ones. All the best to the members whom this is their last tour. :(
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:On the french forum Bernard have posted us this photo from the begining of the signing session, but apparently he was immediately told to not take photos... :?

Shame that, again must be a policy of the venue rather than Libera or EMI. Look at the queue snaking back up the stairs. Must have been a long time signing those autographs.

The policy of not performing in a public capacity after a certain time, must only apply to when they perform in the UK.