Videos of other choirs

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

where can I obtain a CD of the Drakensburg Choir Yorkie?
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

On their site :)

https://sslrelay.com/secure.dbchoir.info/order.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

irishoreo wrote:where can I obtain a CD of the Drakensburg Choir Yorkie?
Glad you like them :D they have brilliant energy and, call me a sentimental old fart, but the fact that it brings together black and white kids adds an extra tug at the heart strings. Perhaps the future isn't something to fear for in South Africa or the world as a whole...

Love this one too

[youtube][/youtube]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

phlibera wrote:And now from the Philippines...

Las Piñas Boys Choir - Thankful
Words and Music by Carole Bayer Sager, David Foster, and Richard Page
Arranged and Conducted by Armando Salarza (their musical director)

[youtube][/youtube]

And here's a footage of them performing live. The LPBC performing a Pilipino Christmas song.

Listen to that crowd clap! Lots of Bayan Ko Clapping Naysayers will be very angry.

And the low voices! Hehe... This Christmas song never fails to put a smile in my face. Our school choir, which I was a member, sang this when I was 13. Enjoy!

Las Piñas Boys Choir - Kumukutikutitap

[youtube][/youtube]
By the way phlibera I'm not being rude and ignoring you but my bandwidth seems to have been squeezed and I'm having trouble streaming the videos. I'll report back tomorrow :D

Mercy & Love
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Wow! I really like Drakensberg Boys Choir. It gave me chills while listening to them. I like their voice tones and note ranges. It sounds do full and alive. Plus, watching them gives extra enjoyment too. :)
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

irishoreo wrote: Absolutely Gorgeous!
Glad you like it. I thought Libera fans everywhere would love their arrangement of "Thankful". :-)
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:By the way phlibera I'm not being rude and ignoring you but my bandwidth seems to have been squeezed and I'm having trouble streaming the videos. I'll report back tomorrow
Ok, please do watch it and tell me what you think. I thought the arrangement of Thankful would ring familiar to any Libera fan's ear. Especially the harmonies after the first chorus.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

[youtube][/youtube]

And here's a footage of them performing live. The LPBC performing a Pilipino Christmas song.

Listen to that crowd clap! Lots of Bayan Ko Clapping Naysayers will be very angry.

And the low voices! Hehe... This Christmas song never fails to put a smile in my face. Our school choir, which I was a member, sang this when I was 13. Enjoy!

[youtube][/youtube]
Very nice I enjoyed them both but especially liked the first one, very haunting tune beautifully sung.

Mercy & Love
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Aack! Reminds me of Filipino Christmas! What I would give for simbang gabi, weird singing from my church choir, and cold Christmas air right now...
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

And loving the Drakensberg Boys Choir. Thanks for sharing, Yorkie! They certainly do have lots of fun!
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Vienna Boys Choir

Boys Choir was formed 1498, today its a choir of Altos & Sopranos, headquarters in Vienna, Austria

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Celtic Woman

There are 6 female irish soloists & choir. Created in 2004 they have now six albums.
Chloe Agnew is so good in this one!

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Thanks, Sue. Chloe looked young in the first video. Love her in Yanni Voices, especially in the song "Tribute" with Nathan Pacheco. Very very nice when she sings the high notes. Though my favorite soprano is still Sissel from the Netherlands, I think. :-)
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

I have to got o work, but when i'm back I will post Cletic Thunder videos if noone has at that point....they are the male version of Celtic woman...
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Come on guys there must be many more choirs out there. Most people around the world who have heard of choirs will know about Kings College, Cambridge, but rather fewer will have heard of the choir at St John's College, Cambridge. Now I really really like King's, but people who know their music often say St John's is better.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Mercy & Love