Peace - Japanese Tracklist

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

JoelinMkt wrote:I wonder if the Lacrymosa on this album is the one set to Aquarium from Carnival of the Animals of Camille Saint-Saens. Didn't they just release that one in New Dawn.

If this is the Saint-Saens melody, I wonder who did the solo (Probably not Ben Philipp since he did the New Dawn version).

Honestly, I was starting to think of Lacrymosa as the song sung solo by people named Ben.
Hi Joel, Lacrymosa was not released in New Dawn. But it was in the Leiden concert DVD.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

JoelinMkt wrote:I wonder if the Lacrymosa on this album is the one set to Aquarium from Carnival of the Animals of Camille Saint-Saens. Didn't they just release that one in New Dawn.

If this is the Saint-Saens melody, I wonder who did the solo (Probably not Ben Philipp since he did the New Dawn version).

Honestly, I was starting to think of Lacrymosa as the song sung solo by people named Ben.
Hi Joel, Lacrymosa was not released in New Dawn. But it was in the Leiden concert DVD. From fan de Lok's forum, it says there that it is the same one set to Saint-Saens.

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Peace - Japanese Tracklist

Post by fan_de_LoK »

carina_gino20 wrote:Could Adoro be a 'spin-off' of Adoro te Devote?
Yes it is ;)
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Re: Peace - Japanese Tracklist

Post by carina_gino20 »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote:Could Adoro be a 'spin-off' of Adoro te Devote?
Yes it is ;)
Cool! I've always loved that chant. They probably won't do it in chant, but in any case, it's going to be a beautiful hymn. :wink:

And if that Lullaby is really the one from Billy Joel, that would be totally great. One of my favorite songs, too.

Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

If this is pretty much the same tracklist for all the other releases then what fine tracklist it is!. :D Most of the last albums pretty much borrowed a lot from each other :( I hope the Libera management would be a lot more considerate from here on out. (i.e. New albums being MOSTLY new... )
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Moppi wrote:If this is pretty much the same tracklist for all the other releases then what fine tracklist it is!. :D Most of the last albums pretty much borrowed a lot from each other :( I hope the Libera management would be a lot more considerate from here on out. (i.e. New albums being MOSTLY new... )
I think New Dawn did a pretty good job with that. But Eternal was mostly a compilation.haha. Although I think it's a good one to have if you're a new fan. I'm really excited for this new album. :)

chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

I'm sooo excited! I really like Deep Peace and Jubilate. I also like Lullaby. I can only imagine what it sounds if they would put harmony on it. :)
JoelinMkt
Silver Member

Post by JoelinMkt »

carina_gino20 wrote:

Hi Joel, Lacrymosa was not released in New Dawn. But it was in the Leiden concert DVD.
That is right... My bad...

Thats what happens when you listen to the music on an iPod instead of on the cds... it becomes one huge Libera album...
"I am not hopeless. It's just, I'm not very good" - Michael Horncastle
libera36

Post by libera36 »

JoelinMkt wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote:

That is right... My bad...

Thats what happens when you listen to the music on an iPod instead of on the cds... it becomes one huge Libera album...
That is not necessarily a bad thing. :wink: I love my endless Libera album! :lol:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

"Out of Africa" is one of my two favorite movie themes, "The Mission" being the other. Great choices.
JoelinMkt
Silver Member

Post by JoelinMkt »

TullyBascombe wrote:"Out of Africa" is one of my two favorite movie themes, "The Mission" being the other. Great choices.
The Mission... That was a magnum opus by Ennio Moricone.

I'd love to hear a Robert Prizeman arrangement for "Gabriel's Oboe".
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

JoelinMkt wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:"Out of Africa" is one of my two favorite movie themes, "The Mission" being the other. Great choices.

The tune of Gabriel's Oboe is also the tune of "Nella Fantasia", which can be sung in either Italian or English. It would be nice to have Libera sing "Nella Fantaisa". They could sing it round-robin alternating Italian and English.
JoelinMkt
Silver Member

Post by JoelinMkt »

TullyBascombe wrote:
JoelinMkt wrote:

The tune of Gabriel's Oboe is also the tune of "Nella Fantasia", which can be sung in either Italian or English. It would be nice to have Libera sing "Nella Fantaisa". They could sing it round-robin alternating Italian and English.
I was thinking about that one. Didn't Il Divo deliver a version of it on one of their albums.

The sound of the oboe is poignant in itself. The arrangement of the song adds to the haunted, melancholy feeling I tend to associate with some of Libera's original music (like Do not Stand, Voca Me and Time for example). I am getting goosebumps imagining one of the boys hitting the top note of the song.
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

OMG to track 11!

I wonder who is doing the solo!!!! Cant wait for the album!
Quote from the movie Copying Beethoven
"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are. "
alicealc

Post by alicealc »

i hope Ed got a chance to have a solo in it.
he's still my favorite Libera soloist ^^