Libera fans.org

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

libera36

Post by libera36 »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Bad news, very bad news..
Alan have announced this evening that the site and the forum will be closed on this friday.... :(

http://liberafans.org

Gahh, nooooooooo!!!! I have to copy all the info and download all the videos from it.... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :cry:
LuxVenit
Silver Member

:(

Post by LuxVenit »

I can't even begin downloading all the videos. I joined recently, and had just recently begun to post. I wish I knew why the site was being shut down, but I guess I'll just have to mourn along with everyone else. At least this one's still here.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

They've done this before only to come back to life several months later.

I have virtually every video that LiberaFans had, but I have no way of transferring. I once uploaded a couple for Kevin using a specific program. I don't know if there is someway I could make them available.

The sad thing is that they were the only UK based Libera fan forum. They often had excellent information about what was going on with Libera.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

I don't know if it's proper to ask, but does anyone know why it's being shut down? If it's for a personal reason I understand, I'm just curious.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

LuxVenit wrote:I don't know if it's proper to ask, but does anyone know why it's being shut down? If it's for a personal reason I understand, I'm just curious.
Somebody said it was a time/cost issue on the Yahoo group. It was still up today but I assume at some point it will just fall over and die. Shame, coz that's where I looked for photos of the new boys - I can barely recognise them as it is!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It takes a whole lot of time and money to run a website, especially a fan site. Take it from me, I have been running this website for almost 5 years now and Ive had my share of ups and downs during that time. I got shut down several times due to bad hosts and had to restart the whole thing over again more than 4 times. With school and my personal life, its hard to fully run this website, especially considering the fact that this whole network is rather large compared to others. I applaud Alan for his hard work during the years his site was open. I can understand why he has decided to close his site.

I have contacted him, however, asking if he would be interested in merging his content over from his site to our site so it can stay online for others to access. I have not received a reply from him as of yet though, hopefully soon.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Nice one Kevin - although all those videos must eat up a huge amount of space!

Mercy & Love
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

We can fully accommodate, this entire network runs on 2 different servers and we have just about an unlimited amount of disk space AND bandwidth.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Thanks for the replies/answers. It would be awesome if the content of the Liberafans.org site could be merged with this one, if it came to that.

I do understand that it takes a lot of time and money to host and manage a website like this. I'm glad I found not one but two really great fansites for Libera. :)
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Kevin wrote:We can fully accommodate, this entire network runs on 2 different servers and we have just about an unlimited amount of disk space AND bandwidth.
Ok, Kevin... we will be waiting for some good news about all video stuff... Thanks ;)
...but sad about liberafans.org... :?
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Kevin...you are just too awesome :-)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I've just noticed a post from Music4 (Hi Ron) that says Libera360 has gone as well - what the heck is happening out there in Libera World???

It seems strange that so many sites are packing up just as memberships are growing. Kevin, I'm praying for your continued good health :D
Last edited by Yorkie on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sadly, Libera Fans has now closed, and it does seem like Libera360 has gone down as well.

There could be many reasons as to why websites close, not sure why those 2 sites closed exactly, however I am still here and we are still healthy, heck we are still growing. I hope to keep this site online for years to come and with all your continued support we can accomplish this :)
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Yorkie wrote:I've just noticed a post from Music4 (Hi Ron) that says Libera360 has gone as well - what the heck is happening out their in Libera World???

It seems strange that so many sites are packing up just as memberships are growing. Kevin, I'm praying for your continued good health :D
I was recently assigned to be a moderator there but it suddenly disappeared. It is said it was server issues because a lot of people joined there recently but after that I haven't heard any news. Me too, I hope this one last, I really enjoy here. :)
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Libera360 is part of my Facebook friends list. I will pop them a message tonight to see what is up.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."