New layout for forum?

Inform us here about Bugs and Suggestions

Moderator: Moderators

tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

The new layout looks really, really, nice Kevin. I love it.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

xsakurax wrote:I have a question and if any of you guys can advise me, that would be great! You know at the bottom of your post, there's the place for you to put your signature? How do I actually put an image for that?
You can use BB code. Same as when you post an image in a post, just use [ img ] image url [/ img ] without the spaces.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

It's not specially related to the new layout, but it's concerns the forum, so I explain here a little annoyance I'm feeling on the forum :)

Is it possible to shorter the anti-flooding timeout ?
Or is it possible to not apply the anti-flooding timeout when editing a message ?

My problem is this :
I write and I valide a message.
If I see in it a horrible mispelling, I clic on Edit, I correct the error, but I'm not able to validate my change. A message appear saying I'm not allowed to post a new message so quickly. :shock:
But... :? I'm not posting a new message, I'm just correcting my previous one... :roll:

So I wait a few seconds... then I try to valide it again... and again : "You're not allowed to post a new message so quickly" ! Grrrrr !! :lol:

And I have to wait a looong looong time (at least 10 secondes :lol:) just to save my corrected message.

Is It possible to not apply the anti-flood system on the edit function ?
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Haha, fan_de_LoK, I do the same thing all the time! Ten seconds sure feels like a long time when you're staring at a dreadful spelling mistake.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Flood interval changed, but not removed lol. The flood interval is necessary to help deter spam :P

But now there is a new layout on both the forum and the gallery. So please tell me, what do you think??... And as always please let me know if you encounter any issues.
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

I think that previous design was more comfortable for me ;) ;) (but it's just my opinion) :roll:
But I like Toms pic on the top of our forum ;)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

It's Mini James, Very Happy My new favorite member. Now he's one who knows how to work a crowd
Yes, he does have that cute factor that is sure to melt everyone's heart.
You can use BB code. Same as when you post an image in a post, just use [ img ] image url [/ img ] without the spaces.
Thanks for the help! I gonna try it later! Btw, image url - meaning I can only use the picture obtained from online? What if I have a picture in my computer that I want to use?
But now there is a new layout on both the forum and the gallery. So please tell me, what do you think??... And as always please let me know if you encounter any issues.
Kevin, the overall feel and layout of the Forum is great! For the gallery, a little difficult to see the words on the second line of the categories, probably due to the dark blue background. The header in the picture seems a little too dark too. As for the forum header, I feel that the colours(dark blue/light blue) does not compliment the picture of Tom too well. Maybe you could change the brightness and contrast of the picture or choose a lighter shade of blue. But if you were to switch to Tom in their traditional white robe, I think it would look great too! If you are using photoshop to edit the picture, you can add "feather" to the picture after you "crop out" Tom so that the white outlines would not be too obvious. Just a little of my input here, I hope you don't mind. After all, I feel its a great effort!
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

xsakurax wrote: Thanks for the help! I gonna try it later! Btw, image url - meaning I can only use the picture obtained from online? What if I have a picture in my computer that I want to use?
Yeah, has to be online. I don't think you can upload here. But you can always just upload it in imageshack.us and then use the url to post the picture here.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

carina_gino20 wrote:Yeah, has to be online. I don't think you can upload here. But you can always just upload it in imageshack.us and then use the url to post the picture here.
Oh I see. Thanks for the suggestion.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I like your newer new modifications Kevin. Looks really nice.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Will take all these suggestions into consideration and will revamp the two layouts.

Please, if you have any more suggestions, please let me know.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

plumpuff6 wrote:
TEB wrote:I guess I am going to be the odd man out here and say I don't really care for the new layout all that much. The print is way too small, at least for those of us with bifocals. Oh well, just my opinion. I know change happens. After all, I've been telling everyone here that exact same thing when they talk about the changes in the choir.
If you use the web browser Mozilla Firefox, you can make the font bigger on your screen. Just hold down the Ctrl key as you press the + key and the screen will sort of "zoom in" until the font is as big as you want it to be. To return to the original settings, hold down Ctrl as you press 0.
My internet provider is Juno, part of the NetZero company, which is a dial up internet service, using traditional telephone lines. When one lives in a very rural area, such as I do, this is the only option for internet service. I can't use alot of the features on the web that most take for granted. I will remain as the odd man out here and continue with my dislike of the new layout. The print is far, far too small. I realize that you need to go with the majority but I just wanted to express how I feel on it.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

TEB wrote:
plumpuff6 wrote: If you use the web browser Mozilla Firefox, you can make the font bigger on your screen. Just hold down the Ctrl key as you press the + key and the screen will sort of "zoom in" until the font is as big as you want it to be. To return to the original settings, hold down Ctrl as you press 0.
My internet provider is Juno, part of the NetZero company, which is a dial up internet service, using traditional telephone lines. When one lives in a very rural area, such as I do, this is the only option for internet service. I can't use alot of the features on the web that most take for granted. I will remain as the odd man out here and continue with my dislike of the new layout. The print is far, far too small. I realize that you need to go with the majority but I just wanted to express how I feel on it.
The web browser you use is independent of the sort of internet connection you have. Firefox should work just fine with Juno (and not be noticeably slower than any other browser). Of course, getting a copy of Firefox could be tricky, as it's generally distributed as a (large) download.

You may have a setting in your browser to disable style sheets (or CSS, which stands for Cascading Style Sheets--the same thing). Disabling them would cause all the text in the forum to use the browser's default font and size, but may mess up some of the other formatting as well. There's probably also a way to force it to use your own style sheet, which could make the page look pretty and be larger, but developing one is rather complicated.

(I live in a rather rural area, too, but I'm fortunate enough that my small, local phone company has been quite forward thinking and has made DSL available throughout their service area for some years now.)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I will work on increasing the font size and such.

And DrewE is correct. Your ISP has nothing to do with what browser you use. You should be able to use any browser on any internet service provider. But, as DrewE said, downloading the FireFox client could be the hard part, or rather just slow. But I will work on increasing the font size a little bit for you. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Kevin wrote:I will work on increasing the font size and such.

And DrewE is correct. Your ISP has nothing to do with what browser you use. You should be able to use any browser on any internet service provider. But, as DrewE said, downloading the FireFox client could be the hard part, or rather just slow. But I will work on increasing the font size a little bit for you. I apologize for the inconvenience.
It's not a big problem... When we post something we can choose font size size size size :roll:
Thanks Kevin for your work ;)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink: