UK Cathedral Concerts in 2024

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

UK Cathedral Concerts in 2024

Post by Luckdragon »

We are so pleased to announce summer concerts in three UK cathedrals this year! We are delighted to return to Ely on 8th June, and Chester Cathedral on 27th July. We will also visit Lincoln Cathedral for the first time on 30th July.

Supporters will recall that we have performed in Ely three times - in 2017, 2018 and 2022. Our 2020 concert was postponed due to the pandemic, and instead we produced an online mini-concert, Apart But Together. Longer standing supporters may also remember our previous visit to Chester, in 2010. We are delighted to return to both magnificent venues and we are also very excited to visit Lincoln for the first time.

Tickets for the Ely concert will go on sale on 20th February from the Cathedral Box Office - please do not contact the box office before then.

Tickets for Chester and Lincoln will be available in mid March from Ticketsource - please do not contact the cathedrals for tickets.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: UK Cathedral Concerts in 2024

Post by Surpinto »

HURRAY! :D :D :D

With such a relatively early announcement I may be able to attend the July concerts! June is out of the question for work reasons outside my control, but July is very doable.

I've been sick at home all weekend plus today with a nasty cold, so this is exactly what I needed to cheer me back to good health.

Now it's time to do some travel investigation.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:05 pm">2 months ago</span> HURRAY! :D :D :D

With such a relatively early announcement I may be able to attend the July concerts! June is out of the question for work reasons outside my control, but July is very doable.

I've been sick at home all weekend plus today with a nasty cold, so this is exactly what I needed to cheer me back to good health.

Now it's time to do some travel investigation.

Hope you feel better very soon, Surpinto.🍀

I’m going to try and get tickets for at least one of the July concerts too.

I guess this most likely means there’ll be no tour abroad in the summer, then. An still no word on a possible Philippines tour. But very happy that there’ll be more opportunities to see the boys in our home country.💖
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Well, that is good news ! I can only attend the 8th June concert... the July ones are definitely the same days I am attending the olympics in Paris :lol: I made a bad choice there. Libera would have been better...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:16 pm">2 months ago</span> Well, that is good news ! I can only attend the 8th June concert... the July ones are definitely the same days I am attending the olympics in Paris :lol: I made a bad choice there. Libera would have been better...
I had that choice to make in 2012 for the London Olympics. Me? I chose four concerts in the channel Islands 😁
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:35 pm">2 months ago</span>
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:16 pm">2 months ago</span> Well, that is good news ! I can only attend the 8th June concert... the July ones are definitely the same days I am attending the olympics in Paris :lol: I made a bad choice there. Libera would have been better...
I had that choice to make in 2012 for the London Olympics. Me? I chose four concerts in the channel Islands 😁

I KNOW I messed this up :( I bought the tickets like a year ago... well, I will attend the Olympics only once in my life, and Libera concerts hopefully twice a year, every year until I die. I should not have regrets :mrgreen:

I wish they would go to the channel Islands again. I would enjoy a few days of rest there !
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Heads up - The Ely Tickets seem to be on sale already.

(2pm Wed 14/2 uk time).
justin

Post by justin »

I totally missed this…. Front row’s gone. If anyone is willing to part with a front row ticket, please let me know…
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Oh no :shock: bad communication. Thanks for letting us know. I got a "front row" one, on the side ? Anyone with feedback on this seating ?
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:21 pm">2 months ago</span> Oh no :shock: bad communication. Thanks for letting us know. I got a "front row" one, on the side ? Anyone with feedback on this seating ?
I was very happy with A26 (far right) last time. Looks like it is still available.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:54 pm">2 months ago</span>
Hope you feel better very soon, Surpinto.🍀

I’m going to try and get tickets for at least one of the July concerts too.

I guess this most likely means there’ll be no tour abroad in the summer, then. An still no word on a possible Philippines tour. But very happy that there’ll be more opportunities to see the boys in our home country.💖
Thank you! I'm feeling better for sure. At this point I'm about 90% certain that I will go to Chester and Lincoln based on my investigation. If it happens I hope to say "hello" to you and all the other fans who I either haven't met or who I haven't seen since Ely in 2018.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Tickets for Ely are on sale as we speak. I had my hands on B2 but alas I need a credit card which I don’t currently have and arranging a virtual credit card would be too much hassle at this point. Hope to find a spare ticket somewhere (fingers crossed)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:05 pm">2 months ago</span>

Hope you feel better soon. I'm glad this news has come at a good time to cheer you up.

I'm hoping to be able to go to the Chester Cathedral concert and I was just wondering - concert veterans roughly how long do Libera concerts last, including the interval? Trying to work out if I'll need to stay overnight or not.
Pnut

Post by Pnut »

Although reluctant to call myself a concert veteran when compared to many other members I can safely say that the concert including break is usually a couple of hours in length. However long it always seems to go too quickly.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:44 pm">2 months ago</span> [...] roughly how long do Libera concerts last, including the interval?
About 2 hours round, from the very start to the final bowing.

Chester starting at 19:30, you should be free to go at 21:30, 21:40 at the most.