What’s going on with Libera 2024?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Mercurial909
Silver Member

What’s going on with Libera 2024?

Post by Mercurial909 »

The official website shows no tours, no concerts, nothing at all for 2024. I’ve never seen an empty diary on their official website before except during Covid lockdown.

I thought the Philippines had been confirmed but..nothing. Nothing down for Japan either, and they always enjoy Libera. The Libera US arm was still trying to fundraise on Instagram for a tour this summer last I saw. Now I see some fans are convinced there’ll be no US tour this year.

I know I shouldn’t worry but something feels strange. In the words of Marvin Gaye, “What’s Going On?” 🙁
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: What’s going on with Libera 2024?

Post by fan_de_LoK »

You shouldn't dwell on these concerns, there is no need for worry in this situation.
Even though notifications may occasionally arrive early, it is quite customary for Libera to make announcements at a later date.

For instance, the spring concert in Ely 2017 was disclosed on March 5 for a concert scheduled on April 29, and Arundel 2019 was announced on March 9 for a concert on June 22.

The Japan 2019 tour was unveiled on March 24 for a tour set in late October. The Japan 2018 tour was announced on July 7 for late October.

As for the United States, the organiser himself stated last summer that the substantial costs would hinder the possibility of hosting a new tour the following year.
While fundraising efforts persist, and there will undoubtedly be future tours in the USA, whether it will occur in 2024 remains uncertain.

Patiently await the announcements; they will come in due time, and there's no need to worry :)

(One can also add the example of the UK 2022 tour, announced on June 24 for a first concert on July 29, which is barely over a month ahead :wink: )
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

On that 2022 UK ‘tour’, the attendance was poor for those.🤷🏽‍♀️ Combination of late announcement and not great promotion I guess.

Just feel that Libera could do so much better if they were more accessible between albums like they used to be prior to the pandemic. It’s been 9 and 10 years since we had a DVD. No FULL concert that fans who can’t get to concerts can watch online for free since…when?
Christmas 2021 we had to pay just to watch the SJSS concert for a couple of weeks.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:29 am">3 months ago</span> (One can also add the example of the UK 2022 tour, announced on June 24 for a first concert on July 29, which is barely over a month ahead :wink: )
I was actually considering going in 2022 but the late announcement made flight options expensive and the arrangement had to be done very quickly if I were to attend. At the time of the announcement I was also out of town and didn't even have the time that I needed to figure it all out. Ultimately I opted out for financial reasons, but I sincerely hope that if there is a UK tour in summer 2024 that it's not announced in such a last minute manner :?