2023 - Two UK Concerts in December

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

2023 - Two UK Concerts in December

Post by Surpinto »

• Saturday 2nd December 2023, at 7.30pm (St John’s Smith Square)
  • Saturday 16th December, at 7.30pm (Arundel Cathedral)

https://libera.org.uk/news/uk-concerts-2023/

UK Concerts 2023
We have announced two new concerts in the UK in December.

St John’s Smith Square:

Once again we are pleased to return to our regular London venue. This concert will take place on Saturday 2nd December 2023, at 7.30pm. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Monday 10th July.

Arundel Cathedral:

After a break of a few years we will be back at another of our favourite concert venues. This concert will take place on Saturday 16th December. Tickets will be available on 17th July through our online box office – in the meantime please do not contact the cathedral.
Tickets do not yet appear to be on sale.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: 2023 - Two UK Concerts in December

Post by Padmachou »

Ooooh yeees :D Early announcement so we can make it.

Ooooh no, two very different venues and date. I can't attend both concerts... I will probably attend St John Smith Square.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

I'm so glad I didn't already know last December how long it would take to attend another concert, but now I'm relieved to have this prospect, even though it will take five more months to happen. I appreciate the early announcements :D I've put big marks in my calender for the tickets sale dates :mrgreen:
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

Good news, I hope I can go to one.

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:26 pm">10 months ago</span>
  • Saturday 2nd December 2023, at 7.30pm (St John’s Smith Square)
  • Saturday 16th December, at 7.30pm (Arundel Cathedral)
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

A friend told me about this yesterday. It's great news for those of us who can't make the upcoming US concerts and haven't had our usual fix of Libera this summer due to no UK concert.

I will most likely only be able to attend one show, I wonder if they will be the same show (Christmas concerts?), some more info would help me decide which one to go for.

The countdown is on, only 5 months to go! :lol:
"You are not alone"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Seems many of the better SJSS seats have already been sold in pre-sale, more than likely to the parents I would hypothesize. I don't blame them of course.

Unfortunately it's impossible for me to attend this, as are nearly all UK concerts, but I do hope those attending enjoy themselves. :D

SJSS seating.png
SJSS seating.png (257.04 KiB) Viewed 9955 times
SJSS seating.png
SJSS seating.png (257.04 KiB) Viewed 9955 times
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Anyone got a spare ticket? If so, you would make someone very happy!

If not I guess I will brave the bun fight on Monday and see what I can find.
LordG

Post by LordG »

Price Band A is more or less sold out. All good seats are gone.

Therefore, I see no reason to join in the fight for the last seats.
Like last year, I will probably not see a Libera concert in London this year.
What's the point of spending on a flight, hotel and other expenses if you only get a shitty seat.
My only hope is for the concert in Arundel where the overpriced pre-sale is not happening. :(
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
SingForEver

Post by SingForEver »

I also remember that last year it was quite difficult to get premium tickets for the Christmas concert at SJSS, but with lots of luck I still managed to get a good seat. This year the premium seats and even a lot of the seats further back already sold out during prebooking. So in order to get a nice seat in the first few rows where you can actually see the facial expressions of the soloists and the choir, it is not enough to be quick, you would've had to become a patron member for 150 GBP a year.

If you don't live in London and plan to visit SJSS regularly, that makes 150 + 30 = 180 GBP for a nice ticket. I really don't hope that getting good seats for a UK Libera concert will become something for the rich and privileged only.

SJSS is a nice venue, but if they force this prebooking scheme onto Libera, maybe they should look for a different place in London next year? Just my humble opinion.

Or maybe I'm wrong and some of the seats are not sold but blocked and will become available at 10am?

Or perhaps that's the reason why there were two concerts announced. I'm looking forward to Arundel now, but I'm also a bit anxious because there is no time specified as to when the tickets will become available for booking. Fingers crossed there won't be any prebooking period for Arundel, so that at least everyone will have the exact same chance for getting a nice seat.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I think that once you are a patron member you can buy as many tickets as you want. So if you want one of the best seats I suppose you can gather a group of fellow fans and decide to share the cost of the patron member subscription. It might end up not too high a price if you find enough people to do it.

Some of the seats might be for the chorister's family as well ?
moviemadpat

Post by moviemadpat »

How do you become a patron?
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

Being at a concert sung live is still the best, that certainly applies to Libera concerts. It doesn't matter if you sit in the front or the back.

Indeed, hotels are again bizarrely expensive in London, even more than before the corina time.
LordG wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:36 am">9 months ago</span> Price Band A is more or less sold out. All good seats are gone.

Therefore, I see no reason to join in the fight for the last seats.
Like last year, I will probably not see a Libera concert in London this year.
What's the point of spending on a flight, hotel and other expenses if you only get a shitty seat.
My only hope is for the concert in Arundel where the overpriced pre-sale is not happening. :(
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed 'quote' tag
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

moviemadpat wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:42 am">9 months ago</span> How do you become a patron?
See https://www.sjss.org.uk/support-us

Libera seats are already almost sold out. Contrast this with the concert by New College Oxford (arguably a more famous choir) where only two front row seats have been sold so far and about 200 premium seats are still available. A good case for back to back SJSS Libera concerts (5.00PM and 8.00PM) as was done before I think.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I believe Libera knew there would be a lot of demand as no U.K. concerts this year and that’s why we also have Arundel 2 weeks afterwards.

London was always going to be filled more with the parents due to the location of the concert. There will be ample more opportunities for better seats in Arundel I am sure :mrgreen:
LordG

Post by LordG »

moviemadpat wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:42 am">9 months ago</span> How do you become a patron?
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:28 am">9 months ago</span> I think that once you are a patron member you can buy as many tickets as you want. So if you want one of the best seats I suppose you can gather a group of fellow fans and decide to share the cost of the patron member subscription. It might end up not too high a price if you find enough people to do it.
It doesn't matter if you are a Patron or Friend of SJSS, you are limited to two tickets per event.
As it is, you can only get good seats if you book as a parton. A Friend membership is no longer enough.

@Padmachou
I've had the same idea. Find some friends and share the cost of membership, but two tickets per event prevents such a thought.
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D