Ave Verum

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: Ave Verum

Post by Padmachou »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:51 pm">9 months ago</span>
It wasn’t a criticism as such, more an observation, but we are allowed to have opinions here, aren’t we?
Sure, agree to disagree !

Yes, it is annoying when you read in reviews that this boy has sang a solo but you won't ever hear it because it is not recorded... I was just mentioning it today about the upcoming USA tour... Though I enjoy the fact that the boys get the chance to sing, even when not recorded. I guess if it does not make it to the album, then, there is not much to do about it... I would have loved much records from Merlin, or even Gabe Collins. But I feel like Libera is already doing everything they can, and I guess I find comfort in knowing that the boys get to sing solos during concerts, even if we do not get to hear it. It makes sense that it is less about me being disappointed and more about them having fun.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

And now the video for Ave Verum Corpus has 403,064 views on YouTube, surpassing Cum Dederit (376k) in a small fraction of the time.

I’m sure this sets some sort of record for a Libera video that has only been online for a little over a month.

God Only Knows has also done well with 121k views in a little over two months, as well as Love Shine a Light with 135k views in two months.

I hope album sales for “Forever” will benefit from this exposure.❤️
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

:shock: Wow! That's amazing. :D
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

And there it is, HALF A MILLION views in just 6 weeks.

IMG_2528.jpeg
IMG_2528.jpeg (287.03 KiB) Viewed 4014 times
IMG_2528.jpeg
IMG_2528.jpeg (287.03 KiB) Viewed 4014 times
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:01 am">8 months ago</span> And there it is, HALF A MILLION views in just 6 weeks.
Only 20K likes? What is wrong with people?
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:58 am">8 months ago</span>
Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:01 am">8 months ago</span> And there it is, HALF A MILLION views in just 6 weeks.
Only 20K likes? What is wrong with people?
I reckon many people just click on music videos to listen and often forget to like. There is often quite a disparity between the number of views and number of likes on many music videos.🤷‍♀️
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

750K in just under 3 months (June 17).
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:11 pm">7 months ago</span> 750K in just under 3 months (June 17).
Crazy! I wonder what the draw is to that video versus the others. Do you think it's because it attracted the attention of the opera-inclined crowd, or something else?
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I don't think it is possible for us to know that. I suppose that if we were a major marketing firm we could buy the demographics from YouTube. We might even get their web addresses and send out a poll.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:32 pm">7 months ago</span>
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:11 pm">7 months ago</span> 750K in just under 3 months (June 17).
Crazy! I wonder what the draw is to that video versus the others. Do you think it's because it attracted the attention of the opera-inclined crowd, or something else?
At some point, it got into the algorithm and now gets auto-played or suggested after other genre-related videos.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:17 am">7 months ago</span>
At some point, it got into the algorithm and now gets auto-played or suggested after other genre-related videos.
Yeah, and I know that the algorithm is a black box even to the code developers.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

One reason might be the review of the song done by the William the Bangkok Voice Coach. He has a huge Thai following among others. He’s constantly being asked to review songs/performances, and most of the time he doesn’t (one Libera fan asked him to review Cum Dederit not long after he reviewed Ave Verum Corpus, but…no bite).
Suffice it to say William had very high praise for Freddie.

Libera have a number of Latin songs on YouTube and they tend to do very well, but usually need years to get anywhere near a million or more views. The speed with which the views have clocked up in a relatively short space of time for Ave Verum is unprecedented for Libera, so I’m gonna just put it purely down to Freddie’s stunning vocals. :D
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Does Libera get any sort of monetization from their channel, or is it purely exposure?
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

You can make money with all forms of social media. It would be strange if Libera didn't. But only someone from the organization itself knows whether this actually happens.
alcesalcesobservator wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:03 pm">7 months ago</span> Does Libera get any sort of monetization from their channel, or is it purely exposure?
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I believe they do as they have ads playing before some of the videos on YouTube.