Ave Verum

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: Ave Verum

Post by Luckdragon »

New widescreen version...

Edit: Yup. Mistake.
Last edited by Luckdragon on Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Huh! I wonder why they would post the video in two resolution versions. I bet it's a mistake.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:46 pm">10 months ago</span> Huh! I wonder why they would post the video in two resolution versions. I bet it's a mistake.
I think it has to be a mistake, the original is in 4k, this one is standard HD and other than it being stretched a bit vertically, I can't see any difference in the content?

Edit: I just played them side by side and other than the lower resolution and the ever so slight stretch vertically (no additional bits, just stretched) I could see no difference! But it is quite fun to watch Freddie and co. in stereo. :lol:
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:04 am">10 months ago</span> Edit: I just played them side by side and other than the lower resolution and the ever so slight stretch vertically (no additional bits, just stretched) I could see no difference! But it is quite fun to watch Freddie and co. in stereo. :lol:
I tried it with 4. Kind of like Dolby surround sound... but still not enough Freddie imho.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:44 am">10 months ago</span>
Celtic wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:04 am">10 months ago</span> Edit: I just played them side by side and other than the lower resolution and the ever so slight stretch vertically (no additional bits, just stretched) I could see no difference! But it is quite fun to watch Freddie and co. in stereo. :lol:
I tried it with 4. Kind of like Dolby surround sound... but still not enough Freddie imho.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Then there's only one solution!

Just outside Tottenham Court Road tube station in central London is an interactive digital art display, a room with 360 degree digital displays, including on the ceiling...
► Show Spoiler
I wonder whether you can pay to display something there... :?: 8)
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

A Bangkok based voice coach called William has done a glowing review of Ave Verum Corpus.
He gives us some ‘controversial’ history regarding who really composed the music. But most pleasing is his very high praise of Freddie’s voice…

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Oh wow! Nice find, thank you. :D
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

I'd like to congratulate Freddie and the rest of Libera on Ave Verum surpassing 255K views in just 4 weeks, easily surpassing all the recent videos since Cum Dederit, released in November of 2021!

Both videos feature a crazy amount of overlay transitions. That must be the key. :wink:
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:31 pm">9 months ago</span> I'd like to congratulate Freddie and the rest of Libera on Ave Verum surpassing 255K views in just 4 weeks, easily surpassing all the recent videos since Cum Dederit, released in November of 2021!

Both videos feature a crazy amount of overlay transitions. That must be the key. :wink:
Amazing, isn’t it? And Freddie is receiving so much high praise for his performance, including by the Bangkok Voice Coach who doesn’t easily give praise .
Really hoping his voice holds out at least until after the US tour, because he deserves to have large live audiences appreciate his talent before he’s consigned to the back row.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:31 pm">9 months ago</span> Both videos feature a crazy amount of overlay transitions. That must be the key. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:30 pm">9 months ago</span> Amazing, isn’t it? And Freddie is receiving so much high praise for his performance, including by the Bangkok Voice Coach who doesn’t easily give praise .
Really hoping his voice holds out at least until after the US tour, because he deserves to have large live audiences appreciate his talent before he’s consigned to the back row.
Yeah! I would love to hear that sung live along with so many other songs from this new album.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:31 pm">9 months ago</span> I'd like to congratulate Freddie and the rest of Libera on Ave Verum surpassing 255K views in just 4 weeks, easily surpassing all the recent videos since Cum Dederit, released in November of 2021!

Latest viewing count is now at 313,373 (20 July 2023), more than the other video releases for the album combined, so definitely not only Libera fans enjoying Ave Verum Corpus.

Cum Dederit has 372k views having been on YouTube for over a year.

This proves precisely why Libera would benefit from posting a lot more of their performances on YouTube. Most fans can’t get to concerts and Yuki doesn’t post any Libera content anymore, especially since she moved back to Japan.
Can’t even remember how long it’s been since Libera posted a full concert on YouTube, but it’s been 9 years since they made a DVD.

If a kid like Freddie (who hasn’t even had much exposure in Libera since he joined 5 years ago) can draw in over 300k views in the space of a month imagine what Libera could achieve if they made better use of streaming platforms as well as their repertoire of talent.🤷🏽‍♀️

And thus endeth my sermon. (Apologies).☺️
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:31 pm">9 months ago</span> This proves precisely why Libera would benefit from posting a lot more of their performances on YouTube. Most fans can’t get to concerts and Yuki doesn’t post any Libera content anymore, especially since she moved back to Japan.
Can’t even remember how long it’s been since Libera posted a full concert on YouTube, but it’s been 9 years since they made a DVD.

If a kid like Freddie (who hasn’t even had much exposure in Libera since he joined 5 years ago) can draw in over 300k views in the space of a month imagine what Libera could achieve if they made better use of streaming platforms as well as their repertoire of talent.🤷🏽‍♀️

And thus endeth my sermon. (Apologies).☺️
Totally agree. In our post-pandemic world, a lot of people would rather stream than travel and attend live events. That's become painfully apparent in their struggle to finance the USA tour.

Look at the One Voice Children's Choir YT channel, for example. Different niche, but they do one song a month and it gets hundreds of thousands of views because they're savvy with their social media. Ave Verum took off, not from anything Libera did, but from the fact that Freddie is friggin' amazing and got noticed by viewers outside the genre.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:35 am">9 months ago</span>Ave Verum took off, not from anything Libera did, but from the fact that Freddie is friggin' amazing and got noticed by viewers outside the genre.
And therein lies another frustration of mine. Libera’s tendency to rely on the same couple of soloists, and not spreading those duties around a bit more, giving solo opportunities to a few more of the boys like they used to during Josh’s and Isaac’s generations. Freddie has been in Libera for 5 years, and we’re only just hearing the full breadth of his talent, just as Mr P is coming to get him.

For all we know kids like Lewis, Laurence D, Jack, Ethan B, Thomas M (who is 12 now) and Thomas S-H could all have amazing voices, but have never been given enough or any chances to showcase their talents.
Just my opnion.🤷🏽‍♀️
Last edited by Mercurial909 on Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Lewis, Laurence D and Thomas M all got solo parts during the last years concerts...
I find that Libera is doing a great job at giving them opportunities. And the last years they had less opportunities due to the pandemic but still they managed to give many boys solo parts.
As for we know, some of the boy might not want to sing solos ? It is a lot of pressure, not everyone would want that. And Freddie is shining bright right now and will be still for a few month, so I don't really understand the complain... He has been singing solos for some time now, sure Ave Verum is the most impressive so far, but maybe before that he wasn't ready for such a solo ?
I feel like it is easy to criticize the way Libera staff is doing in regards to each of the boy's voice development, but we know nothing of the background, and the boys' wishes, their lives, they have a lot to do, we might expect too much from them.

As for "One Voice Children Choir", sure they release a lot of videos... In my opinion, there is no hype waiting for the next one. Also the way they release it makes no sense, some of the last videos were shot like 3 years ago, there is no timeline (one boy looks 14 on one video, and the next one he is 11). I like the way Libera handles things and I believe the musical quality of the boys' training is way better than the OVCC's.

Also, week 1 we complain about not getting the best seats for a concert, week 2 we complain there isn't enough publicity for Libera. We can't have it all...
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:56 pm">9 months ago</span> Lewis, Laurence D and Thomas M all got solo parts during the last years concerts...
I find that Libera is doing a great job at giving them opportunities. And the last years they had less opportunities due to the pandemic but still they managed to give many boys solo parts.
As for we know, some of the boy might not want to sing solos ? It is a lot of pressure, not everyone would want that. And Freddie is shining bright right now and will be still for a few month, so I don't really understand the complain... He has been singing solos for some time now, sure Ave Verum is the most impressive so far, but maybe before that he wasn't ready for such a solo ?
I feel like it is easy to criticize the way Libera staff is doing in regards to each of the boy's voice development, but we know nothing of the background, and the boys' wishes, their lives, they have a lot to do, we might expect too much from them.

As for "One Voice Children Choir", sure they release a lot of videos... In my opinion, there is no hype waiting for the next one. Also the way they release it makes no sense, some of the last videos were shot like 3 years ago, there is no timeline (one boy looks 14 on one video, and the next one he is 11). I like the way Libera handles things and I believe the musical quality of the boys' training is way better than the OVCC's.

Also, week 1 we complain about not getting the best seats for a concert, week 2 we complain there isn't enough publicity for Libera. We can't have it all...

It wasn’t a criticism as such, more an observation, but we are allowed to have opinions here, aren’t we?

Also, remember that most Libera fans can’t get to concerts, so the only way we get to hear more of the boys’ voices is when albums are released. Without people like Yuki to post lots of Libera content, many fans see very little of Libera between albums.

Thinking of ways that Libera can improve their scope and reach is not a negative thing, and I still love Libera very much so there’s no need for anyone to get upset by a difference of opinion. Peace.✌🏻