Kizuna - Forever

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Kizuna - Forever

Post by TullyBascombe »

It's a great video, one that will be re-watched many times.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

The digital single is now available on all major digital platforms...

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

It's nice to have a music video where the boys aren't costumed
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:26 am">10 months ago</span> It also makes me smile to hear a 10-year-old sing about a truth he's always known.

I thought that too. But I guess if it's a truth that's innate, instinctive, that someone knows from birth, then 10 years is still a long time. And I think it works with Joseph's way of singing, he gets that beautiful mixture of innocence and conviction that the best young singers get when singing religious or spiritual music. I'm so glad there's a recorded video of him singing as I've heard great things about him from concert reviews but not had a chance (yet) to see him live. Morgan does a beautiful job too. His voice is so soft and with his white robe and peaceful expression he gives an immense sense of serenity.

I've watched this video three or four times now and I like it more each time. The scenery is beautiful and the sky is stunning. The boys' pleasure and delight in each others' company seems so genuine and is heartwarming. They're clearly expressing the lyrics - there are strong 'ties' between them. The 'action' scenes allow them to express some natural exuberance in contrast to the scenes where they're still and singing. It shows both sides to them - the highly professional singers and the high-spirited boys.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Hearing Joseph Hill's voice so far makes me think his voice may be well suited for the style of singing associated with West End/Broadway. I'm not saying he can't do well with Classical singing, but there is a particular quality to his voice which makes me think he could be even better at the other style of singing. He also has a good stage presence which is important in the musical theatre genre. He comes from a family steeped in the English choral/Classical tradition, so we'll see what happens.
gingerthedog1

Post by gingerthedog1 »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:33 pm">10 months ago</span> Hearing Joseph Hill's voice so far makes me think his voice may be well suited for the style of singing associated with West End/Broadway. I'm not saying he can't do well with Classical singing, but there is a particular quality to his voice which makes me think he could be even better at the other style of singing. He also has a good stage presence which is important in the musical theatre genre. He comes from a family steeped in the English choral/Classical tradition, so we'll see what happens.
Since age 9/10, Joseph's voice has had quite a bit of vibrato, something most boys don't get until they are in their teens, usually right before the voice change.

I think Joseph would make a great belter for musical theatre and pop singing. I also get the impression he has to hold back his voice when singing with Libera, especially comparing his album solo on Kizuna (very restrained and controlled) to the live recording in Japan (much more vibrato and more expressive, imo).

However, from past rehearsal videos, Robert would constantly tell the boys to be less strident/loud when they sang, so this might just be a hallmark of Libera singing technique.

Perhaps, when he's an adult, Joseph would make a better operatic singer then a baroque singer.... but I do think he has a voice type that can and will sound good in a wide variety of musical styles.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

I’ve reached the point where I can no longer listen to Kizuna Forever without tearing up at the part where Joseph sings “you’ll stay with me” so bittersweetly. It breaks my heart every time, as there’s a pleading in his voice, and as if he’s choking back tears as he sings those three words.

I know this song is only on the Japanese version of the album but I still consider it my favourite song on “Forever” after Ave Verum Corpus.

It’s upsetting (to me) that we will get to hear so little of Freddie’s stunning vocals because timings (re other soloists) and puberty have kind of worked against him. But I’m so looking forward to what Joseph is gonna brings to us, he reminds me of Liam O’Kane at that similar age, singing with so much emotion (which I wish more of the boys would do).
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Here's something you probably didn't know about "Kizuna" - it is the name of the official website of the government of Japan.