Libera at Hibiya Music Festival, June 3-4

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Celtic

Re: Libera at Hibiya Music Festival, June 3-4

Post by Celtic »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Tue May 30, 2023 3:19 am">11 months ago</span> Posted by the TV show account:

For those wondering, the new boy on the left I believe is called Kuramon. It will be really interesting to see if he gets any solos, but it's nice to see that Libera's diverse international membership continues. 8)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

This Tuesday 30 May, Libera went to the rehearsal place of the festival and met Seiji Kameda, the festival main organizer, and composer of the song 'For The Future'.

(Call me old fashioned if you wish, but a little ironing before putting the shirt in the suitcase would be appreciable :wink: )
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Tue May 30, 2023 2:35 am">11 months ago</span> A few screen captures for the Fuji TV airing.
Hopefully a good quality video will be put online soon.

They performed abridged versions of Far Away and Kizuna.
Then a short interview with Daniel, Frederick H and Nathan speaking.
Thanks for the screen captures! Really hope someone did take a video of it!
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Yet another reason Japanese fans are 素晴らしい

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks for the updates.

Looks like a very polished and nerveless studio performance of Far Away from the little bit I've heard. Not surprising with Luca singing the solo. Hope the full video becomes available at some point, and maybe something from the Festival appearance in a few days time.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Finally!

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Tue May 30, 2023 10:36 pm">11 months ago</span> Finally!
Joseph didn't look too happy about his solo (and Mitchel showed a slight reaction), but his smile came back quickly and he pressed on. He and Morgan did well under the circumstances, I think. We can't all be Luca.

Nice job by Nathaniel on the descants and Michael Horncastle in his cameo.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Wed May 31, 2023 12:18 pm">11 months ago</span>
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Tue May 30, 2023 10:36 pm">11 months ago</span> Finally!
Joseph didn't look too happy about his solo (and Mitchel showed a slight reaction), but his smile came back quickly and he pressed on. He and Morgan did well under the circumstances, I think. We can't all be Luca.

Nice job by Nathaniel on the descants and Michael Horncastle in his cameo.
Even Luca's solo had a couple notes that were out of tune. Looking back at the previous two "Far Away" performances on Japanese TV, they didn't quite measure up to the studio recordings either.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Another news site relays the press conference that was help today in Tokyo.

https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/00000 ... 50240.html

Interesting, from the last photo we can see that the choir is directed by Josh :)

Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

I'm sad Joseph was disappointed with his solo - he sounded good to me, although I don't know the song. I agree he and Morgan did well, after they haven't been soloists that long. I think they both had their first solos at the Christmas 2021 concert? So only about 18 months and those were both quite small solos. They've gone to major soloists in concerts and on the album in about a year which is impressive. And because of Covid they haven't had the number of concerts they would have had by the same stage pre-pandemic, never mind singing live in a TV studio where the acoustics are different to their normal venues and they presumably have a backing track instead of live accompaniment.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

This is an interpretation. I, personaly, cannot say for sure that Joseph was disappointed by his solo (which was good), nor that Mitchell looked surprised. I think we should be careful not to say who felt what when we cannot be sure... there is nothing obvious here.

It was an outstanding performance of Luca, I believe :o
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:21 pm">11 months ago</span>
I'm sad Joseph was disappointed with his solo - he sounded good to me, although I don't know the song. I agree he and Morgan did well, after they haven't been soloists that long. I think they both had their first solos at the Christmas 2021 concert? So only about 18 months and those were both quite small solos. They've gone to major soloists in concerts and on the album in about a year which is impressive. And because of Covid they haven't had the number of concerts they would have had by the same stage pre-pandemic, never mind singing live in a TV studio where the acoustics are different to their normal venues and they presumably have a backing track instead of live accompaniment.
Same, I thought Joseph was brilliant. He sings with such emotion too. Morgan and Luca also did well. And OMGoodness I could hear Nathan’s gorgeous descants and he’s right up there with my most favourite descanter TDL.
Libera are looking solid for the foreseeable, even though I worried a little when Dom left, and knowing Freddie M’s and Luca’s voices will probably break in the next year or so. But we have Nathan, Mitchel, Morgan, Joseph, Thomas M, Ben…all is well.❤️
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Definitely! I was slightly disappointed Thomas M didn't get a solo on Forever as I've heard good things about him from concert goers. But I'm sure he'll get his chance on the next album.

I was also sorry that Laurence didn't get a solo as again concert reviews have praised him on the solos that he's done and he may not get another chance depending on when his voice breaks and when the next album is recorded. I would have liked to have heard his voice. But you can't have everything.

Sorry this has gone slightly off topic.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Tomorrow Saturday 3 June Libera will perform on the main stage of the Hibiya festival.

The festival is live broadcast in Japan by the "U-Next" service.
https://www.video.unext.jp/po/hibiya2023?rid=OF00226

The site indicates that you can register for free and benefit from 31 days of free use of the service, before canceling your subscription.

I tried to register.
The form is simple, unfortunately you have to provide a credit card and cards outside Japan are rejected. The registration failed.
I failed as well to find a workaround to a virtual Japanese credit card.
If anyone has a solution to share, I'm interested, but I'm afraid that the streaming from U-Next will be impossible to reached for foreigners.

Hopefully a Japanese fan can record the stream and share it later.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

A video recorded at the press conference held on Wednesday 31st.