Libera at Hibiya Music Festival, June 3-4

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Libera at Hibiya Music Festival, June 3-4

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Lot of photos have been posted on socials for the signature session, and so far just one for the performance.
Hopefully a video will emerge soon.

Reading the tweets it appears Libera performed 3 songs :
  • Far Away

• For the Future
    We know the soloists, thanks to Yumiko-san: "Morgan started a 1st verse.then followed by Joseph.Luca and Mitchel"

• From a Distance
    This one was unexpected.
    It was last performed 4 years ago, by Victor, at the 2019 Japan tour.
    Yumiko-san says:
    "Beautiful backing harmonies could be heard on "From a distance" collaborated with Niizuma Seiko, musical actress.
    Audiences gave them "Huge applause" at the en
    d"

Two tweets among all:

Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit: correction, 3 songs were performed, not 4.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you fan_de_LoK for these updates and links! :D

There's so much information floating around. Twitter's new algorithms governing the way the feed is presented means I have had to work much harder to see everything being posted there about this event. So your marking the highlights here is very helpful!
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:50 pm">11 months ago</span> A video recorded at the press conference held on Wednesday 31st.

That’s Josh conducting there, isn’t it? I know Steven G was doing that job solidly up ‘til as recently as Libera’s Christmas concert, but he didn’t travel with them to Korea, and again it seems he’s not with them in Japan.
I know I’ll get told off for speculating, but I can’t help but be a little curious as to whether or not he’s still with Libera, maybe taking a break, or just not traveling abroad with them.🤷🏽‍♀️
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:19 pm">10 months ago</span> That’s Josh conducting there, isn’t it? I know Steven G was doing that job solidly up ‘til as recently as Libera’s Christmas concert, but he didn’t travel with them to Korea, and again it seems he’s not with them in Japan.
I know I’ll get told off for speculating, but I can’t help but be a little curious as to whether or not he’s still with Libera, maybe taking a break, or just not traveling abroad with them.🤷🏽‍♀️
Another tweet showing Josh leading a rehearsal. I love Steven, but I'm also happy to see Liam and Josh get this valuable experience.

Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:47 pm">11 months ago</span> This is an interpretation. I, personaly, cannot say for sure that Joseph was disappointed by his solo (which was good), nor that Mitchell looked surprised. I think we should be careful not to say who felt what when we cannot be sure... there is nothing obvious here.

It was an outstanding performance of Luca, I believe :o

Missed this post before. You're absolutely right, we need to be careful interpreting. I should have said that IF Joseph WAS disappointed with his solo then I'm sad as I think he was great. And if he wasn't disappointed so much the better! And yes, Luca was excellent.

Hope all went well for them today. Sounds like it did. Surprised they didn't song Kizuna having done it on television and instead brought back For the Future with new soloists who might have had to learn the Japanese quickly. They could have done pretty much any song from Forever as I think the group out there contains all the album soloists? So quite surprised that they did two that weren't though From a Distance being a collaboration explains that one I guess.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Don't know the story.
Seems to be a café or a restaurant

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Libera has been posting a "Japan Diary" in parts across their social media.

Here are Parts 1 through 3

Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Thank you for sharing these. Looks like they had a brilliant time even if they were very busy. I wonder what the film is that they were recording for in Part 4?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:58 pm">10 months ago</span> Thank you for sharing these. Looks like they had a brilliant time even if they were very busy. I wonder what the film is that they were recording for in Part 4?
I'm sure it'll come to light soon, either from Libera itself, Libera-Records, or from Takatsugu Muramatsu.

Of course the meaning of the word "soon" could mean in like a year on Libera timescales. :lol:
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Yes! Still as you say I'm sure it'll be revealed eventually.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

The heaven soars with voices above...
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:00 pm">10 months ago</span> As usual, IMD has the answer.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3747532/?r ... nrel_1_com
There's a thread on this: https://www.forum.libera-dreams.com/vie ... php?t=3996
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:50 am">10 months ago</span>
Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:00 pm">10 months ago</span> As usual, IMD has the answer.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3747532/?r ... nrel_1_com
There's a thread on this: https://www.forum.libera-dreams.com/vie ... php?t=3996
Oh my! How quickly we I forget! :oops: :roll: :lol: