Could an H5N1 Pandemic Cancel Future Tours?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

Could an H5N1 Pandemic Cancel Future Tours?

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I hope this doesn't happen, but I'm concerned about the way it's transmitting easily through so many mammalian species now. Also, a cluster of cases in Cambodia has popped up which seems rather concerning. Hopefully it can be explained by people having close contact with poultry or other birds:
Edit: It turns out the 12 mentioned below are close contacts of the girl, and not necessarily infected but being tested.

Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
bachmahlerfan

Re: Could an H5N1 Pandemic Cancel Future Tours?

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Apparently, the girl was probably in close contact with sick birds. Also, the test results for the other sick people haven't come in yet. Hopefully this will be a false alarm.

Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Liberaist.jpg
Liberaist.jpg (63.52 KiB) Viewed 2414 times
Liberaist.jpg
Liberaist.jpg (63.52 KiB) Viewed 2414 times

On the plus they would have plenty of time for multiple UK concerts... :roll:
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:13 pm">1 year ago</span> Liberaist.jpg

I'll admit that I've always been a pessimist, even during my childhood. However, Korea was one of the most stringent countries when it came to restrictions during the covid pandemic. So, hopefully nothing will happen in the near future.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:34 pm">1 year ago</span>
Celtic wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:13 pm">1 year ago</span> Liberaist.jpg

I'll admit that I've always been a pessimist, even during my childhood. However, Korea was one of the most stringent countries when it came to restrictions during the covid pandemic. So, hopefully nothing will happen in the near future.
Well, I actually created that image for a discussion about the concert-angst on if a UK spring concert was going to happen. So, you are by no means the only Libera fan with a pessimistic streak! (myself included)

I hope for their sake everything goes ok, but either way, there's nothing we can do.

Edit: Unless you have been licking chickens excessively? In which case, there may be something you can do...

8)
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

AFAIK H5N1 either does not pass from person to person or at most rarely does. So far.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

When I think of bird flu I always think of the following comedy sketch.

WARNING: This is from Mock the Week so there is mild profanity.
► Show Spoiler
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

I just checked Libera's FB page and there are various events, one for each concert. So, I think the Korean tour won't be cancelled.
The heaven soars with voices above...
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:43 pm">1 year ago</span> I just checked Libera's FB page and there are various events, one for each concert. So, I think the Korean tour won't be cancelled.
I was simply discussing the possibility of a h5n1 pandemic in the near future. There has been no confirmed person to person transmission with the virus thus far, so the tour is safe for now.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:57 am">1 year ago</span> When I think of bird flu I always think of the following comedy sketch.

WARNING: This is from Mock the Week so there is mild profanity.
► Show Spoiler
:lol: Hopefully no further outbreaks of anything hamper any forthcoming concerts or tours.