Forever (Spring 2023)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Lux Aeterna

Re: Forever (Spring 2023)

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Is Hal a nickname of Henry? Or is a typo? Notice that Daniel Catalogna took part in the recording.
Attachments
20230623_230134.jpg
20230623_230134.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 7091 times
20230623_230134.jpg
20230623_230134.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 7091 times
The heaven soars with voices above...
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:13 pm">10 months ago</span> Is Hal a nickname of Henry? Or is a typo? Notice that Daniel Catalogna took part in the recording.
I was told by an English professor that Hal is often a nickname for Henry (e.g. Prince Hal for Henry the Fifth). This is, she said, because the French pronunciation of "Henri" has a glottal in the middle that can be heard as an "L" by a foreign (English) ear. It's apparently the same sound confusion that turns "Mary" into the nickname "Molly."
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

"Hal" can also be a nickname for "Harold", and of course sometimes it's used as a name as well.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

No sign of Steven G? 😳

Also, I think Benjamin Hill’s name is missing here, though they’ve included the names of boys who left Libera well over a year ago, including Daniel Catalogna, and the Bigs who left last summer.
sefocs

Post by sefocs »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:56 pm">10 months ago</span> The digital album (Western version) is now available on all major digital platforms.

The Japanese version with the two additional songs is available here
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:00 am">10 months ago</span> No sign of Steven G? 😳

Also, I think Benjamin Hill’s name is missing here, though they’ve included the names of boys who left Libera well over a year ago, including Daniel Catalogna, and the Bigs who left last summer.
I think the introduction video on Youtube said they started recording last summer? In which case Daniel C and the older boys could have been involved for at least part of the recording. With the older ones they might also have asked them to come back if they needed a larger section of deeper voices for certain tracks. This happened on If with several alumni being credited if I remember correctly.

With the very young boys it's not just Benjamin but Federico as well. They both only started in concerts on the Korea tour so maybe they don't actually sing on the album even though they appear in the Love Shine a Light video? I think a similar thing happened with If, with miniboys appearing in the Sing For Our World video but not being credited on the album. Maybe they sometimes let the younger ones come along for the last recording sessions to get a feel for things but they don't sing?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:36 pm">10 months ago</span>
Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:00 am">10 months ago</span> No sign of Steven G? 😳

I think the introduction video on Youtube said they started recording last summer? In which case Daniel C and the older boys could have been involved for at least part of the recording. With the older ones they might also have asked them to come back if they needed a larger section of deeper voices for certain tracks. This happened on If with several alumni being credited if I remember correctly.

With the very young boys it's not just Benjamin but Federico as well. They both only started in concerts on the Korea tour so maybe they don't actually sing on the album even though they appear in the Love Shine a Light video? I think a similar thing happened with If, with miniboys appearing in the Sing For Our World video but not being credited on the album. Maybe they sometimes let the younger ones come along for the last recording sessions to get a feel for things but they don't sing?
I think that's exactly right... and well explained too :D
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Thank you. :) No idea if that's right or not but it seemed to make sense.

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:48 pm">10 months ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:36 pm">10 months ago</span>
Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:34 pm">10 months ago</span>
Pre-ordered or not - there are going to be no CDs left at the rate the boys are getting their hands on them!

They'd better not have taken mine. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow as expected I'll know why!
Which boy should we blame for taking your CD? :lol: I can try to steal it back for you when they're in the US. :mrgreen:
Haha I hadn't got as far as blaming a specific boy, I was more holding them responsible as a group for any shortage that might occur. But if mine doesn't arrive and I take you up on your kind offer I'll wait and check which of them go on the US tour before deciding which to blame!

My CD actually has been delayed but that was Amazon sending the wrong thing so I'm not sure I can blame the Libera boys for that! At least I get the MP3 version free as part of the order so I can start listening rather than having to wait any longer.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I just wanted to comment about the CD cover art. This is the fifth album in a row featuring rather similar human figures in varying scenes. Would it be crazy for me to suggest showing some actual Libera members on the next album cover, or just anything not involving the aforementioned human figures?
sefocs

Post by sefocs »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:31 pm">10 months ago</span> I just wanted to comment about the CD cover art. This is the fifth album in a row featuring rather similar human figures in varying scenes. Would it be crazy for me to suggest showing some actual Libera members on the next album cover, or just anything not involving the aforementioned human figures?
I actually thought about the same thing today. But I have to say, I prefer the recent cover art for two reasons.

First, you can never get the entire group on a cover, so you have to select some of the members, leaving out a big part of the choir. How would you choose who to include? That just wouldn't be fair to those who are not included. This is especially true for the few albums that only had a single face on them like the Song of Life collection, or the Angel single.

Secondly (And I know many will disagree :D), putting actual photos of yourself on a cover feels a bit cheap. I don't know of any popular album covers that do this. The covers we have now feel like actual art. Somebody put some work into the design.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

sefocs wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:27 pm">10 months ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:31 pm">10 months ago</span> I just wanted to comment about the CD cover art. This is the fifth album in a row featuring rather similar human figures in varying scenes. Would it be crazy for me to suggest showing some actual Libera members on the next album cover, or just anything not involving the aforementioned human figures?
I actually thought about the same thing today. But I have to say, I prefer the recent cover art for two reasons.

First, you can never get the entire group on a cover, so you have to select some of the members, leaving out a big part of the choir. How would you choose who to include? That just wouldn't be fair to those who are not included. This is especially true for the few albums that only had a single face on them like the Song of Life collection, or the Angel single.

Secondly (And I know many will disagree :D), putting actual photos of yourself on a cover feels a bit cheap. I don't know of any popular album covers that do this. The covers we have now feel like actual art. Somebody put some work into the design.
I don't know, to me it looks like rather dull computer-generated art. I don't necessarily think the actual singers have to appear on the cover, but I think the generic human figures need to be done away with. I've seen album covers with truly impressive artwork, and these covers do not measure up to those.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Let's also remember that their music has an ethereal quality to it, so the album art having a good bit of that makes sense for them. But that's just my personal opinion.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

The new cover art has always been a visual representation of the album title to me, giving it more meaning than a picture of a random group of choristers.

Hope, with a boy pointing toward the light or beacon.
Beyond, with a boy pointing toward what lies beyond the mountains.
Christmas Carols, with the boys contemplating the Christmas star.
If, with a boy pointing toward a doorway to the light, presumably what souls see after death and where Robert went.
Forever, with a boy pointing toward an endless horizon.

Very few album covers convey that kind of meaning to me.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:07 am">10 months ago</span> The new cover art has always been a visual representation of the album title to me, giving it more meaning than a picture of a random group of choristers.

Hope, with a boy pointing toward the light or beacon.
Beyond, with a boy pointing toward what lies beyond the mountains.
Christmas Carols, with the boys contemplating the Christmas star.
If, with a boy pointing toward a doorway to the light, presumably what souls see after death and where Robert went.
Forever, with a boy pointing toward an endless horizon.

Very few album covers convey that kind of meaning to me.
I'm all for their effort to convey meaning in the cover art, but I think the quality of the 'art' is poor and the style has become too repetitive (2019 Christmas album had the worst cover of all their albums imo; also the 2011 Christmas album). The mountains resemble things I saw in video games I played a long time ago. I agree that album covers showing the singers aren't necessarily good either. The "New Dawn" and "Angel Voices" covers are quite uninspired, but the one for the 2007 live concert is pretty good.
Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cainmac

Post by Cainmac »

Lux Aeterna, was there another page to this insert? I don’t see Steven Gerahty listed.