Forever (Spring 2023)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Lux Aeterna

Re: Forever (Spring 2023)

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Apparently Eternal Bond is not a brand new piece. I'm curious about the lyrics :?:
The heaven soars with voices above...
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Lux Aeterna wrote: Apparently Eternal Bond is not a brand new piece. I'm curious about the lyrics :?:
Strange, I thought Eternal Bonds has been composed for the album, at least that's what I understood from the Libera Records posting ("Japanese composer Takatsugu Muramatsu [...] created a new song for the album, "Eternal Bonds" was written down"). Maybe the translation is a bit misleading here. Thanks for posting this, Lux Aeterna :D
Last edited by theriverflowson on Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:25 am">1 year ago</span>
Lux Aeterna wrote: Apparently Eternal Bond is not a brand new piece. I'm curious about the lyrics :?:
Strange, I thought Eternal Bonds has been composed for the album, at least that's what I understood from the Libera Records posting ("Japanese composer Takatsugu Muramatsu [...] created a new song for the album, "Eternal Bonds" was written down"). Maybe the translation is a bit misleading here. Thanks for posting this, Lux Aeterna :D
I'm guessing that it's a new arrangement of an existing composition. Whatever the case, it sounds like it would be a nice change of pace from previous pieces sung by Libera.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Good, I was worried the Muramatsu songs for Libera would all sound a bit alike. This one seems different, I will be glad to hear something new :)
I find the setlist quite interesting. The "Anima Christi" sounds like it would fit Libera.
Do you think "Far Away Light" will be a new arrangement of the already known "Far Away" ?
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:06 pm">1 year ago</span> Do you think "Far Away Light" will be a new arrangement of the already known "Far Away" ?
Yes, for me, the added "2023" indicates something like that. Regarding the word "light" in the translated title: The Japanese signs on the 2008 "Prayer" JP album are identical to the signs which are used for the new album anouncement and on "Prayer" it is just called "Far Away" in the English title section, so I would guess that "light" is not intended to be part of the title. Any native speakers around? :)

Luckily, the album announcement still leaves some room for speculation here and there :D :D
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:34 pm">1 year ago</span>
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:06 pm">1 year ago</span> Do you think "Far Away Light" will be a new arrangement of the already known "Far Away" ?
Yes, for me, the added "2023" indicates something like that. Regarding the word "light" in the translated title: The Japanese signs on the 2008 "Prayer" JP album are identical to the signs which are used for the new album anouncement and on "Prayer" it is just called "Far Away" in the English title section, so I would guess that "light" is not intended to be part of the title. Any native speakers around? :)

Luckily, the album announcement still leaves some room for speculation here and there :D :D
I also noticed that,so it's probably a new version of Far Away. I was wondering if " blessings to all " is actually " Beati "
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:02 pm">1 year ago</span>
theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:34 pm">1 year ago</span>

I also noticed that,so it's probably a new version of Far Away. I was wondering if " blessings to all " is actually " Beati "

Yes it must be Beati as at first I thought it hadn’t made the album but now I think it’s just an awful translation like far away light which I assumed at first was a new song.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'm hoping that the music video of "Ave Verum Corpus" will be released during Lent (preferably in the next couple weeks), because the text is clearly dealing with Jesus's passion and death. I wonder if it will be featured on a tv program, or if it will simply be released on its own.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:21 pm">1 year ago</span> I'm hoping that the music video of "Ave Verum Corpus" will be released during Lent (preferably in the next couple weeks), because the text is clearly dealing with Jesus's passion and death. I wonder if it will be featured on a tv program, or if it will simply be released on its own.
That would be great. Perhaps I shouldn't give up Libera for Lent, just in case. I'll probably go to hell for choosing a lesser sacrifice, but this might be worth it.

They will probably release it as a YouTube premiere like they do with most of them.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

The new album is now available for pre order.
https://www.plastichead.com/libera-fore ... igi-ihcd91
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:12 pm">1 year ago</span> The new album is now available for pre order.
https://www.plastichead.com/libera-fore ... igi-ihcd91
June 23. They're gonna miss spring by three days. Oh well.

I am the hours and moments of your yesterday
I am your time gone by
Oer days and ages fleeting, long since passed away
As endless years roll by...
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Surprised the release date is so that late, maybe the Japanese release will be earlier (as it usually is) to coincide with their music festival appearance in Japan?
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:26 pm">1 year ago</span> Surprised the release date is so that late, maybe the Japanese release will be earlier (as it usually is) to coincide with their music festival appearance in Japan?
In Japan it seems to be released on May 17th (see https://liberafc.jp/s/n75/news/detail/10107). The greatest pleasure lies in the anticipation, as we say in Germany :mrgreen:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:35 pm">1 year ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:26 pm">1 year ago</span> Surprised the release date is so that late, maybe the Japanese release will be earlier (as it usually is) to coincide with their music festival appearance in Japan?
In Japan it seems to be released on May 17th (see https://liberafc.jp/s/n75/news/detail/10107). The greatest pleasure lies in the anticipation, as we say in Germany :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: I must have missed that or forgotten. Thanks!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The latest newsletter from Libera Records states a few elements, mostly known, but there is a new info about digital version of the Forever album.

- The Japanese version will be released on May 17 (we already knew it)
- The new song written by Takatsugu Muramatsu is included in the Japanese edition only
- The overseas version will be released in June (the 23 June has it was posted above)
- the digital release will be distributed at the same time as the overseas version release (June 23 June).

Meaning that from May 17th to June 23rd the new album Forever can only be listened from the physical version of the Japanese CD.