Forever (Spring 2023)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Celtic

Re: Forever (Spring 2023)

Post by Celtic »

SingForEver wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:52 pm">10 months ago</span> I've never felt inclined to post something myself, but now I would just like to add that I had a similar experience with this song last year. Freddie's solo at SJSS was magnificent. To me it felt like his voice filled out the whole space, rising up to the ceiling and spreading out throughout the audience. It completely drew me in in a way that I have rarely experienced, in a moment of joy and awe.

When I noticed a new song in the program at first I didn't know what to expect. I didn't even know that Freddie had so much power in his voice in order to deliver a performance like this. I agree that the recorded version is fantastic and I will definitely play it often, but listening to the song for the first time, live at the concert felt overwhelming. Maybe it was just a rare moment that caught me by surprise and cannot be repeated. The elegance and beauty of the adagio in combination with such an outstanding, ethereal solo created a very special moment for me at SJSS that evening that I'm sure I won't forget.
That is fantastically expressed, and encapsulates my own experience at the concert perfectly! Thanks!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Forever is album of the week on Scala radio. There was a short interview with Sam before they played O Beata (around 1.45 into the show by Penny Smith). I assume they will play a track each day on the show and she said it was a Scala exclusive ahead of Friday's release.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:41 pm">10 months ago</span> Forever is album of the week on Scala radio. There was a short interview with Sam before they played O Beata (around 1.45 into the show by Penny Smith). I assume they will play a track each day on the show and she said it was a Scala exclusive ahead of Friday's release.

A great track to kick off the week as it’s the stand out track for me on this album and I hope we get to hear it live :mrgreen:
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

They actually got four tracks played yesterday, O Beata, then Be Still My Soul, Beati Quorum and finally Anima Christi, all played at different parts of the day. Great exposure for Libera!

Also, Luca had his Panis Angelicus played in the morning too!

Seems like a radio station with good taste. :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Likely everyone here follows Libera Official on a social or more, so you must have already seen it.

But for the record I refer here a little game posted by Libera official to mark the release of the Forever CD.

The game : try to guess who are the 5 boys holding the new Forever CD

Think twice and enlarge the image on Twitter :)
By being too sure of myself I only had a result of 4 out of 5

Here the answer
► Show Spoiler
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:19 pm">10 months ago</span> The game : try to guess who are the 5 boys holding the new Forever CD
Happy listening, boys!

Nice alley you're hanging out in, btw.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:14 pm">10 months ago</span>
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:19 pm">10 months ago</span> The game : try to guess who are the 5 boys holding the new Forever CD
Happy listening, boys!

Nice alley you're hanging out in, btw.
I leave the location guessing to you on this one fan_de_LoK. :wink: :mrgreen:
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

New puzzle. It's good to see that Mystery Boy #1 is still in the group.

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Luckdragon on Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:12 am">10 months ago</span> New puzzle. It's good to see that Mystery Boy #1 is still in the group.

Are we sure? When were these photos taken because Joseph has been out in Japan very recently and Cory hasn’t appeared in anything Libera have done so far this year

I also noticed that Julian Heitman and Luke Batteson-Dalpiaz seem not to have been seen with Libera since Christmas and last autumn respectively. Moved on, maybe?
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:22 am">10 months ago</span> Are we sure? When were these photos taken because Joseph has been out in Japan very recently and Cory hasn’t appeared in anything Libera have done so far this year

I also noticed that Julian Heitman and Luke Batteson-Dalpiaz seem not to have been seen with Libera since Christmas and last autumn respectively. Moved on, maybe?
We're never sure. Libera doesn't do membership announcements, coming or going. However, I don't think they would have used this if it weren't showing current members.

I don't think Luke has been seen in either of his choirs for some time, so he's likely gone. Ludwik and Julian are currently question marks.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:38 am">10 months ago</span>
Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:22 am">10 months ago</span> Are we sure? When were these photos taken because Joseph has been out in Japan very recently and Cory hasn’t appeared in anything Libera have done so far this year

We're never sure. Libera doesn't do membership announcements, coming or going. However, I don't think they would have used this if it weren't showing current members.

I don't think Luke has been seen in either of his choirs for some time, so he's likely gone. Ludwik and Julian are currently question marks.
Nevermind, panic over. Both Luke and Ludwik were in the Lighthouse video. Luke just didn’t perform at the Christmas concert, nor was he on the Korea tour. But Cory and Julian haven’t been involved in any Libera performances this calendar year.
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:12 am">10 months ago</span> New puzzle. It's good to see that Mystery Boy #1 is still in the group.

Pre-ordered or not - there are going to be no CDs left at the rate the boys are getting their hands on them!

They'd better not have taken mine. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow as expected I'll know why!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:34 pm">10 months ago</span>
Pre-ordered or not - there are going to be no CDs left at the rate the boys are getting their hands on them!

They'd better not have taken mine. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow as expected I'll know why!
Which boy should we blame for taking your CD? :lol: I can try to steal it back for you when they're in the US. :mrgreen:
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:36 pm">10 months ago</span>
Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:34 pm">10 months ago</span>

Which boy should we blame for taking your CD? :lol: I can try to steal it back for you when they're in the US. :mrgreen:
Haha I hadn't got as far as blaming a specific boy, I was more holding them responsible as a group for any shortage that might occur. But if mine doesn't arrive and I take you up on your kind offer I'll wait and check which of them go on the US tour before deciding which to blame!
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

The digital album (Western version) is now available on all major digital platforms.