Forever (Spring 2023)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

cantabileboys

Re: Forever (Spring 2023)

Post by cantabileboys »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:47 am">1 year ago</span> A better image, in the wait for a real HD visual of the cover.
I hope you are satisfied with this resolution!
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

cantabileboys wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:03 pm">1 year ago</span> I hope you are satisfied with this resolution!
Wait... were you able to buy the CD at the concert?
cantabileboys

Post by cantabileboys »

Wait... were you able to buy the CD at the concert?
No. I bought God Only Knows from Qobuz. (https://www.qobuz.com) They always offer high quality album arts if available.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Samples available on Official Website:

https://libera.org.uk/music/forever/
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cool! Several new songs with a few that haven't even been performed in concert yet to the best of my knowledge. :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I thought I saw somewhere that the song "At Sea" is also by Josh Madine. If it is, it's thankfully in a different musical style than "Lighthouse". I wonder if they managed to get a solo out of Daniel C. before he left the choir. The Freddie M. solo sounds very good, but I wonder if his voice matured even further in recent performances. Luca's voice definitely works well for "Grateful Heart". While I haven't had a chance to hear Mitchel's voice, I have a feeling he may be the soloist on "Love Shine a Light". The "Anima Christi" clip sounded too much like the original, but I'm hoping they managed to do something more interesting with the rest of the track. After hearing the official website sample and the clip from Sarang Church of "Beati Quorum", I think I may like this song a lot more than what was indicated by recent concert attendees. Well, I will certainly like it more than "Lighthouse". I like the overall sound of the "Sing Forever" sample, but the soloist voices sound a bit underdeveloped to me.
Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

"The Lighthouse", "Beata" and "At Sea" give that old Libera songs vibe, that I missed a lot. The soloists sound Luca and Freddie to me.
Anima Christi doesn't sound that bad after all, and for a second you can hear a soloist.I hope is Morgan.
Finally "A greatful heart" has been recorded, Luca is definitely the soloist,
Love Shine A Light, sounds good and maybe has a new soloist?
"Far Away" and "Sing Forever" My neighbours would better be prepared! :lol:
I now understand your excitement for "Ave Verum", sounds absolutely great!
"Beati Quorum" received so many mixed reviews from you that to be honest, its the song I'm most curious about :?:
Let's wait and see ( hear) if " Be Still my Soul" has something different from the others that have been recorded.
Last edited by Lux Aeterna on Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The heaven soars with voices above...
gingerthedog1

Post by gingerthedog1 »

Let's start a "guess the soloist" game for the new sample tracks. I have not seen any of the recent concerts, so please correct me if you recognize any of these soloists!

Beati Quorum: No soloists shown in the sample, but likely Nathan and Pietro

God Only Knows: Daniel, Luca, Victor

Far Away: It sounds like Luca to me on the one word of the solo we hear in the sample

Ave Verum: Freddie

The Lighthouse: Luca

O Beata: Could be Luca, not certain though

Anima Christie: No soloist shown in the sample

Come My Way: Daniel

At Sea: Almost certain that is Freddie

Sing Forever: It sounds like in the sample, Nathan sings the first solo and Joseph the second?

Grateful Heart: Sounds like Luca?

Love Shine a Light: I'm almost certain this is a new soloist, do any of you recognize who it is? Perhaps Mitchel?
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I really like "Beati Quorum", unlike some people :D And I do understand that it might sound to loud or confusing live, but I still hope the recorded version will make everyone agree that is has everything a Libera song needs : latine, english, vocalizes, fun... (I actually had a very strange dream that I found out WHY it was confusing and it was because there were FRENCH words hidden in the lyrics... And I was very proud to prove Fan_de_LoK that he SHOULD like the song, since it had french lyrics :lol: ).

Are we sure "At Sea" is not Daniel ?

I am pretty bad at guessing the voices, so... I just hope that Morgan and Thomas M got a solo, I would love their voices to be recorded. I am glad Nathan and Joseph H got their solo part. Mitchell might be the soloist for "Love Shine a Light", except, was he already part of the choir when it got recorded ? It sounds beautiful, I can't wait to hear this album.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

What excites me most about this album is just how many brand new songs there are, including some that haven't even appeared in concert. I'll highlight the ones that have never been recorded before (I'm including the pre-release songs as well).

1. Beati Quorum
2. God Only Knows
3. Far Away
4. Ave Verum
5. The Lighthouse
6. O Beata
7. Anima Christi
8. Come My Way
9. At Sea
10. Sing For Ever
11. Be Still My Soul
12. A Grateful Heart
13. Love Shine A Light

9 new songs must be a record! We haven't seen that many completely brand new songs since the very first Libera albums. Incredible!

gingerthedog1 wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:16 pm">1 year ago</span> Let's start a "guess the soloist" game for the new sample tracks. I have not seen any of the recent concerts, so please correct me if you recognize any of these soloists!
Welcome back to LDF! It's been so long since I've seen your name here :D

I agree that all of the songs you attributed to Luca are his, same with Freddie. Freddie has an operatic quality to his singing, and I can only think of only one other Libera member who had that to any extent and that would be Dominik. I'll have to trust those with better musical hearing than me for the rest.
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:51 pm">1 year ago</span> I really like "Beati Quorum", unlike some people :D And I do understand that it might sound to loud or confusing live, but I still hope the recorded version will make everyone agree that is has everything a Libera song needs : latine, english, vocalizes, fun... (I actually had a very strange dream that I found out WHY it was confusing and it was because there were FRENCH words hidden in the lyrics... And I was very proud to prove Fan_de_LoK that he SHOULD like the song, since it had french lyrics :lol: ).
:lol: :lol: regarding French!

I do like what I hear so far regarding Beati!
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:51 pm">1 year ago</span> Are we sure "At Sea" is not Daniel ?
Daniel has a distinctive voice and timbre; the soloist on this doesn't sound like him at all to my ears.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:51 pm">1 year ago</span> I really like "Beati Quorum", unlike some people :D And I do understand that it might sound to loud or confusing live, but I still hope the recorded version will make everyone agree that is has everything a Libera song needs : latine, english, vocalizes, fun...
When I heard it in concert last year with Lighthouse it was my preference of the two and I was surprised to find I was in the minority after the show.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
justin

Post by justin »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:56 am">1 year ago</span>
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:51 pm">1 year ago</span> I really like "Beati Quorum", unlike some people :D And I do understand that it might sound to loud or confusing live, but I still hope the recorded version will make everyone agree that is has everything a Libera song needs : latine, english, vocalizes, fun...
When I heard it in concert last year with Lighthouse it was my preference of the two and I was surprised to find I was in the minority after the show.
I've listened to Beati Quorum live quite a few times now. I do prefer it over Lighthouse. :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

justin wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:17 am">1 year ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:56 am">1 year ago</span>
I've listened to Beati Quorum live quite a few times now. I do prefer it over Lighthouse. :)

Welcome to the club :mrgreen:
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Where is the club of people who like both ? :mrgreen:

Listening to the extracts, I have no curiosity towards O Beata... I hope the song has more to offer. But first impression is not always the meaningful one !
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:52 pm">1 year ago</span> Where is the club of people who like both ? :mrgreen:

Listening to the extracts, I have no curiosity towards O Beata... I hope the song has more to offer. But first impression is not always the meaningful one !

This did tickle me as for me O Beata sounds exactly like the old Libera style to me and I’m excited to hear the whole song.

Give me more songs like this please :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: