Forever (Spring 2023)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Forever (Spring 2023)

Post by Surpinto »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Wed May 24, 2023 9:50 pm">11 months ago</span>
As expected, there is an introduction video to the new album.
Great video! :D
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2023 6:19 pm">11 months ago</span>
Oh yes! It's always interesting to see what happens behind the scenes. The group's dedication and patience is amazing, I cannot believe they spent eight months recording the album. I could never.
The heaven soars with voices above...
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Reminder : Today Wednesday May 31st a press conference will be held by Libera Records in Tokyo.
Read here.

The 10 boys will perform two songs.
We can guess it will be the same two they did yesterday at Fuji TV, Kizuna and Far Away.

The press conference will have journalists, but also a few fans.
10 people were selected by draw among the buyers of the Forever album, and 5 people were selected among the fan club members.
Hopefully some of these 15 happy few will share some info or photo on the socials.

According to Libera Records, the press conference starts at 11:45 (Tokyo time) and will last for 30 mn.
It's in 3 hours of time. It will be 03:45 AM London time.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

A report of the press conference can be read on the 'Oricon' website, with some illustrative photos.

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2280987/full/

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Very cool and thanks for the update. They definitely get a rockstar reception in Japan. :D
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat May 27, 2023 6:19 pm">11 months ago</span>
Agreed. Lots of speakers this time so a range of opinions. Morgan liking the calm songs to chill to and Victor saying he has to learn fewer words for the lower parts were great. They seemed to have a lot of fun doing the album and in Korea. It must have been exciting - a first tour for so many of them thanks to Covid.

I'm now curious as to which boys performed on the album if they started back in the summer. I think I saw John and Dom in clips even though neither of them went to Korea? (People who know the choir better please correct me if I'm wrong). On If they had quite a lot of alumni back - I wonder if they've done the same for Forever.

I'm excited for the Lighthouse video now and I have to say - well done to Luca for being able to sing after he'd presumably had to climb to the top of the lighthouse. I'd have been out of breath for ages!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:49 pm">11 months ago</span> I'm excited for the Lighthouse video now and I have to say - well done to Luca for being able to sing after he'd presumably had to climb to the top of the lighthouse. I'd have been out of breath for ages!
Exactly! Not only that but the light being in his eyes like that. Though from what I know about music videos, the audio in the music videos is recorded in the studio and then the video just shows them singing along to it. So the music you're hearing isn't actually being recorded at the same time as the video shots.
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:25 pm">11 months ago</span>
Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:49 pm">11 months ago</span> I'm excited for the Lighthouse video now and I have to say - well done to Luca for being able to sing after he'd presumably had to climb to the top of the lighthouse. I'd have been out of breath for ages!
Exactly! Not only that but the light being in his eyes like that. Though from what I know about music videos, the audio in the music videos is recorded in the studio and then the video just shows them singing along to it. So the music you're hearing isn't actually being recorded at the same time as the video shots.
Ah OK that does make sense. Especially filming outside by the sea where wind and waves would be hard to cut out.

Still an impressive climb in Libera robes though! And as you and he said having to deal with the light right in front of him. I know he's an experienced performer by now but singing in a lighthouse was probably a new experience.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Libera has just released "Far Away" as the fourth single from Forever...

bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luca does a great job on "Far Away" and, while I realize that they haven't recorded a studio version of that song in a really long time, it's probably a song I could do without on the album. This is solely for the reason that I've just personally heard it too many times, rather than anything to do with the song itself. Certainly a refresh for newer fans of this iconic Libera piece is definitely a positive as it's very accessible for newcomers to Libera.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Hi everyone :D

I do not regret making a second order for the album... The second one has arrived quickly and safe, I got it a few days ago. The first order from the shady shop has been shipped... but right now nobody in Japan or France knows where the album is :? (God Only Knows...) So, maybe one day I will get a 2nd copy that I could gift to someone... Or maybe not.

Thank you to all of you for your reviews. It has made me deadly jealous while waiting for my own copy, but still I enjoyed it a lot :lol: Very interesting to know that the famous Yorkie-does-not-like-Exsultate does enjoy "Love Shines a Light". Though I have been unsure about this song, I find that it balances really well with the other songs in the album, bringing a light touch.

My opinion is : this is a DAMN GOOD ALBUM. I love how everyone in Libera embraced the challenge of releasing their first album without R. Prizeman and make it both a tribute to him and a very personal emotional "old Libera members included" product. These past months, I have been wondering if Libera still made me really happy or not, somehow I needed fresh songs I guess... And yes, I do love Libera they are fantastic and they always make me awe with surprise in the end !

There are several songs I would really like to hear live during the coming concerts. Of course some will be performed live, and some already have. I would be happy to hear it live again, assuming the soloists can still do it (I'm thinking of Daniel and Freddie's solos, who knows if their voices will still be up to it next Christmas ? and if someone can replace them ? Not sure how old is Mitchel either). Nathan, Morgan and Joseph hopefully still have time to shine, and I look forward to it ! Next time, other younger boys will shine as well, no doubt (Thomas, Oskar, and others...).

Ave Verum is even better recorded, Freddie is exceptional, but the harmonies as well (I could not enjoy them as much live, or maybe I was just too focused on Freddie's incredible performance). Actually I think this is how I will die : listening to Ave Verum. It makes me want to close my eyes and breath deeply, which is good, just, not in the middle of the street :lol:

I really like "Come My Way" but, when Daniel's voice is going to break, will someone step in his shoes ? I think it is quite doable for "God Only Knows" but "Come My Way" sounds like HIS song.

I look forward to a live and full version of "Kizuna", which is quite good I think. I also like the piano version which makes me think about Joe Hisaishi's musics for Ghibli studio's animated movies, sometimes. Like Yorkie and Bachmalerfan, I think Joseph and Morgan' voices fit well together which is good news for the future :D

Beati Quorum, as I expected, is better sound-balanced when recorded. I can finally appreciate the song, that I would like to hear live in the same soft tune, but I suppose it is a difficult one. I know some fans do not like it, but I feel like it is very much a Libera song. I particularly like how the lower voices get a "solo line".

I, personaly, am very happy they recorded a new version of "Far Away" which is an old time favorite. And I think Luca nailed it. Might be my favorite recording. I would like to know whose voice is harmonizing so well with Luca's.

The Lighthouse is one of Luca's best solos ever in my opinion, included his personal album. It sounds very precise in the album, I hope he will get this perfection when performed live, soon :D I know he is able to. Same opinion as Yorkie : it's like it has been written for Luca. "Grateful Heart" is equally good.

While I previously stated that "O Beata" did not interested me, well, I was proven wrong :D This is an incredible one. Though, it sounds pretty difficult to perform live ? I hope they will have a go, it is very "narrative" in some way. The "Alleluia" part makes me think of a movie track, underlining a climax. I would love to see a video clip from Libera.

Anima Christi is FANTASTIC. They found a way for the song not being too repetitive with the great solos. The lower voices are very good, and with Luca doing high notes in the end... wow. These two last songs (O Beata and Anima Christi) were the best surprises for me. They blew me away. Hope to hear it live, and stop breathing while listening :roll:

Same for "At Sea", it is an intricate one, I would be surprised but delighted to hear it live ! The "Call out" part sounds soooo difficult, both the harmonies and the rythm...

The only song I am "disappointed with" is "Be Still My Soul". I expected something from this new record but it sounds quite the same as usual, I would not even have noticed it is a new one... The solo parts are good but it does not let us appreciate each voice's individuality in my opinion. I guess it is ok to have an old song in the track list, though, and I always like to hear this one live, it is impressive when performed live.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:46 pm">11 months ago</span> My opinion is : this is a DAMN GOOD ALBUM. I love how everyone in Libera embraced the challenge of releasing their first album without R. Prizeman and make it both a tribute to him and a very personal emotional "old Libera members included" product.
It's an excellent album and I agree with you in full!

Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. It's always good to have a variety of opinions here on the different songs that this album has brought to us, especially considering how many new ones there are.

For sure at some point the likes of Daniel and Victor will exit the choir, but they will be hard to replace; particularly Daniel because he has a distinctive voice which has made certain songs his more so than some other soloists (certainly no slight against anyone else it's just an observation).

Do other fans not like "Beati"? :shock: Because like you I see it as a typical Libera song in many respects. Everyone has the right to their own preferences certainly, but this song seems to me to be in line with their overall style rather than a deviation from it.

Anyway, thank you for your highlight reviews! :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:12 pm">11 months ago</span>
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:46 pm">11 months ago</span> My opinion is : this is a DAMN GOOD ALBUM. I love how everyone in Libera embraced the challenge of releasing their first album without R. Prizeman and make it both a tribute to him and a very personal emotional "old Libera members included" product.
Do other fans not like "Beati"? :shock: Because like you I see it as a typical Libera song in many respects. Everyone has the right to their own preferences certainly, but this song seems to me to be in line with their overall style rather than a deviation from it.

There was a divide last summer with Beati And Lighthouse between fans at the live concerts.

Both quite different but for me Beati is more traditionally Libera.

For me personally Lighthouse is a Josh Madine song that Libera have used so I always preferred Beati. I have to say though Josh deserves Credit for At Sea as it’s a lovely song and a lot more Liberaand I hope we get more of these types of songs going forward :mrgreen:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:30 pm">11 months ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:12 pm">11 months ago</span>

There was a divide last summer with Beati And Lighthouse between fans at the live concerts.

Both quite different but for me Beati is more traditionally Libera.

For me personally Lighthouse is a Josh Madine song that Libera have used so I always preferred Beati. I have to say though Josh deserves Credit for At Sea as it’s a lovely song and a lot more Liberaand I hope we get more of these types of songs going forward :mrgreen:
Got it! That makes sense and, while I really like "Lighthouse", it is a bit of a change from their usual style as compared to "Beati".

Personally I was worried I wouldn't care for the Josh songs on the album as he composes in his own style that I hadn't really explored before, but I like them both a lot. Hope he delivers more!