Forever (Spring 2023)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

Re: Forever (Spring 2023)

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Here it is!!!

bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

A pleasant song, the sort Libera has always provided us which helps to soothe the daily slings and arrows, so to speak. I do not say this to damn the song with faint praise or to minimize it, it's exactly one of the many song types Libera has done well for some time now; a style I fear may become less prevalent with Robert's passing.

Though the song won't likely ever be a favorite for me it's pleasant enough.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

As per postings shared on social media and originating with a post by Libera Records in Japan, we have the track list for the new album Forever.

As in the past the track order will likely vary from the international release and the Japanese edition will include the last track. From this list it seems that we know two things for sure: that Takatsugu Muramatsu has continued collaborating with Libera, and that a number of former members are continuing to write and arrange music for the choir too.

The track order is as follows:

Faraway Light 2023 (Takatsugu Muramatsu/Robert Prizeman)
Lighthouse (Joshua Madine)
Ave Verum (Albinoni's Adagio)
God Only Knows (The Beach Boys)
Anima Christie (Marco Friggina)
Come My Way (Robert Prizeman/George Herbert)
Sing For Ever (Robert Prizeman)
Blessings to All (Raul Newman)
Trinity (Robert Prizeman)
Guidance of the Sea (Joshua Madine)
Be Still My Soul (Sibelius "Finlandia")
A Grateful Heart (Mary Plumstead/George Herbert)
Love Shine A Light (Katrina And The Waves)
Eternal Bond (Takatsugu Muramatsu)
Eien no Kizuna Piano Solo Version (composed and performed by Takatsugu Muramatsu) [Japan edition only]

A quote from the Libera Records website (as machine-translated into English) about the album:
Libera's founder, Robert Prizeman, left for heaven in September 2021, but the Libera sound and spirit created by Robert Prizeman have been handed down to Libera alumni along with their deep love. increase. Rivera is also a symbol of "eternity" that never ends, and this album contains the thought that the bond between Robert Prizeman and Rivera, and the bond with all the people who have supported Rivera, is eternal. I'm here.

The songs included are two new songs written by Robert Prizeman, and two former members of Rivera, Joshua Madine and Raul Newman, who were active as popular soloists when Rivera first performed in Japan. Includes the works of
Japanese composer Takatsugu Muramatsu, who has collaborated with Robert Prizeman on many of Libera's hits, "The Light Beyond," "The Gift of Angels," and many others, created a new song for the album, "Eternal Bonds." ” was written down. Also, the Japanese version only includes the piano version of "Eien no Kizuna" performed by Mr. Muramatsu himself. For the Japanese edition booklet, he also wrote the handwritten score of "Eien no Kizuna". This is a present from Mr. Muramatsu who wants everyone to play and sing.
From the works of Joshua Madine, Raul Newman, and Takatsugu Muramatsu, you can feel their feelings for Robert.
And since it was announced as the theme song for the 2005 NHK Saturday drama "Hyokabe", "Kanata no Hikari", which continues to be loved in numerous tie-ups and TV programs, is recorded in a new version by the latest members.
Libera's ever-evolving harmonies warm the heart, and Mr. Muramatsu's piano brings the album to a comfortable conclusion.

This is an album that I want to deliver to your heart because I want to cherish the invisible "bonds" now.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Not even in my worst nightmares I would have dreamed to hear LIbera singing a piece written by Marco Frisina :lol:
The heaven soars with voices above...
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'm afraid the track list doesn't excite me much, except maybe for the Ave Verum Corpus because of the concert reports. I did enjoy (but wasn't excited by) the two tracks recently released, but I want to hear some solos that aren't half-voiced or breathy. I was hoping for something out of left field like "Three Ravens" or "If". Maybe there are a couple tracks not mentioned yet that will appear on the album, but we'll see. Josh Madine's songs may end up being the most unusual, but I'm not sure if I will like them.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Well the new compositions and the songs they haven't covered before will interest me the most. Katrina & the Waves (Love shine a light) is a surprise cover but very eager to see how they add their 'libera' twist to that one.

There will be ways to obtain Muramatsu's Japanese only track but I hope it's also available for download to buy. I always like to do it the right way when it comes to Libera if the options are available.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:27 pm">1 year ago</span> Not even in my worst nightmares I would have dreamed to hear LIbera singing a piece written by Marco Frisina :lol:
:lol: Doesn't sound like anything too far from their style to my ears, although I'm not familiar with this composer aside from this one link you provided. Actually, that piece sounds like it would fit Libera rather well. :D
JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:32 pm">1 year ago</span> Well the new compositions and the songs they haven't covered before will interest me the most. Katrina & the Waves (Love shine a light) is a surprise cover but very eager to see how they add their 'libera' twist to that one.
Same! I think the "Love shine a light" song will remove much of the percussion and replace it with strings and harmonizing voices as they've done with other arrangements of pop songs. I think their days of having a driving beat as seen best in songs like Sanctus II is long past. Not that I'm complaining as their arrangements are often better than the original to my taste.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:27 pm">1 year ago</span> Not even in my worst nightmares I would have dreamed to hear LIbera singing a piece written by Marco Frisina :lol:
I think that Libera should be able to convert this piece into their style. I think the results could be stunning.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'll just say this about Marco Frisina, his music can be alright for a couple songs, but beyond that, they start to all sound the same. His music's originality and emotional range are rather limited. That said, "Anima Christi" is not a bad choice for Libera.
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:54 am">1 year ago</span>
I think that Libera should be able to convert this piece into their style. I think the results could be stunning.
Indeed. Can't wait what the Libera version wil be. :D
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Monsignor Frisina is the most famous post Vatican II composer, which means low quality and "easy to sing" material despite the pomposity of the orchestral parts in the recordings. His songs are now sung in every Catholic congregations and by every choir in Italy, and being Italian myself, I learned to hate them since childhood. Anima Christi is one the few songs that are actually in Latin and not in Italian and I'm sure the Libera version will be great, as usual. BTW these are the lyrics https://www.marcofrisina.com/musica/tes ... risti.html
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:01 pm">1 year ago</span> I learned to hate them since childhood.
Why?
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

seraphita wrote: <span title="Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:20 pm">1 year ago</span>
Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:01 pm">1 year ago</span> I learned to hate them since childhood.
Why?
Because they are boring and trivial, like everything written after the Vatican II council. And to be honest, Italian doesn't fit well with liturgical music.