Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: South Korea 2023

Post by Surpinto »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:27 pm">1 year ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:18 pm">1 year ago</span>
theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:18 pm">1 year ago</span> Cameron and Lewis now run a blog about the Korea 2023 tour - here you can find Part 1:

https://libera.org.uk/blog/libera-in-korea-2023-part-1/

That’s new so they are announcing who is writing what now. We used to have fun guessing back in the day as it was always anonymous :)
Sounds like fun! :D Did they reveal the mystery at some point?
Never! lol Though I think a few times we managed to figure it out either by process of elimination or through underhanded means, like someone asking during an autograph signing. :lol: :D
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:18 pm">1 year ago</span> Cameron and Lewis now run a blog about the Korea 2023 tour - here you can find Part 1...
Nice effort by C&L. The little grammar and punctuation mistakes made it much more believable that kids actually wrote it.

After seeing the blog photos, I'm feeling more confident that Freddie's treble voice will last through the summer and hopefully the fall.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Review by @cantabileboys on IG. Translated to English by ChatGPT...

I went to see the performance of Libera at the Seoul Arts Center and Love Church. It was a pleasant and exciting time. Luckily, I was able to watch the performance on the left side of the stage at the Arts Center and on the right side of the stage at Love Church. For me, the performance began when Josh came up on stage and Liam walked right past me and took his place at the conductor's stand. I clapped briefly when Liam walked past me, but unfortunately, he didn't notice.

It had been seven years since I last saw Libera, and they played many beautiful songs. The surprise was when Freddie sang Ave verum. At first, I was confused because it was completely different from what I had expected from Robert's song. However, when Freddie's counter tenor voice rose with Ave verum corpus, I couldn't help but focus on his powerful and captivating voice, forgetting everything else. For boy sopranos, going through the period of voice change can be a difficult time, and many lose their voices before the transition, but it seemed that Freddie didn't have to worry about that. His voice effortlessly went from low to high, and it was so beautiful. I later found out that the original song was by Albioni's Adagio when I listened to the Forever album. (It was wrongly labeled as Robert's song in the program book.) This song surprised me at the Arts Center, but it made me cry at Love Church. As I read the lyrics on the screen, the pain of the faithful who sympathize with the suffering of Jesus in his passion struck me. The Love Church worshiper next to me was so moved that they said they had to attend church and couldn't believe that I had lived my life without becoming a believer. That's why I could easily answer the question about my favorite song of the day without hesitation.

When Mitchell sang Smile at Love Church, I felt like it was a song for me. I cried and laughed, wiping away tears and smiling again, listening to the story about how we have to keep trying even when a single tear tries to form. But by the end of the song, my face must have been a mess. When a friend asked me which song was my favorite at the Arts Center performance, I hesitated but eventually answered Smile because of the beautiful lyrics, Mitchell's voice, and Victor, who had previously sung the solo for this song, supporting Mitchell strongly from behind that I liked. But it wasn't until the second day that I was emotionally drawn to the song.

In fact, Luca and Joseph were the soloists who received the most attention from the audience. Luca took on many solo songs, showing what the voice of Liberas' soloist was like, including "Vespera", "Lighthouse", "Voca me", "Far away", "God Only Knows", etc. I had heard the solo songs on Liberas' album, and I had even supported him with crowdfunding last year, so it was amazing to see him singing in front of me. There was a part of me that thought he might feel burdened by his position, but he overcame it and showed the best of his voice. Even his voice, which is mind-boggling when he pours out "Libertatem" in "Sing for our world", is attractive. Other people who go to other concerts should listen carefully. Maybe because of the seat or the sound setting, but I was disappointed that Luca's voice was drowned out by other sounds when he sang this part at the Church of Love.

Joseph not only had solo songs like "Sing For Ever" and "The Prayer", but also caught the audience's attention with his cute appearance. But it wasn't just that he caught the audience's eye. This child kept rhythm throughout the concert, even shaking his body when he lowered his arms or put his hands together. And his contagiousness was so strong that every time I listened to music, I shook my body 100% because of Joseph! Especially in "Sing for our world". The lyrics of this song ask you to feel the rhythm while dancing and feel the heartbeat. Even if you just say the lyrics like that and sit all the audience down, how can you dance to the rhythm? If it was going to be the last song anyway, it would have been fun to let the audience stand up and shake their bodies.

I'll have to post my remaining thoughts next time because the article got cut off. Thank you to those who read this far, I wrote too much.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:03 am">1 year ago</span> Review by @cantabileboys on IG. Translated to English by ChatGPT...
This is a wonderful review. Thank you so much for posting this. I miss the days when Libera would release Youtube DVDs of their concerts and tours. We haven’t had a DVD for 9 years (since the PBS Washington concert), and Yuki doesn’t post Libera videos on YouTube anymore and hasn’t done so for years since she moved back to Japan.
So fans posting reviews, videos and pics is the closest many of us can get to a enjoying a Libera concert.

So once again, thank you so much. x
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote reduction
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:03 am">1 year ago</span> Review by @cantabileboys on IG. Translated to English by ChatGPT...
Thanks! So good to have more insights into the performances.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

I haven't seen any rave reviews about Orinoco yet. :?

Even Patrick lost his reviewing mojo when he got to it. :lol:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Still not found the time for it, sorry :wink:
cantabileboys

Post by cantabileboys »

Thank you for sharing my review to Libera fans. It's a little embarrassing because I didn't expect this to happen, but I'm more than delight :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

cantabileboys wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:00 pm">1 year ago</span>
Thank you for sharing my review to Libera fans. It's a little embarrassing because I didn't expect this to happen, but I'm more than delight :)
Welcome to Libera Dreams! Please do share your reviews here with us too. :D

I think many of us know you from social media already.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

If I had control over their tour, I would have the Seoul concerts be last, since their concerts later in a tour are usually the best. Also, I could tell that a couple singers were more tired looking from footage/photos early in the tour compared to later.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Here's a short video clip of a couple Libera members dancing on stage to a drum. It's the sixth in the series of images in this post. The person who posted it was in the orchestra.

theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Part 2 of the Korean Tour Blog is written from the perspective of the "bigs" (Alexandre, Mathias, Victor and Koji), what a great idea! https://libera.org.uk/blog/korea-from-the-back-row/

Libera has attached another funny picture to their concerning tweet:
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Hilarious blog! Singing "For lo I raise up" and "The heavens are telling" on the bus?! Now THAT would be cool to witness :lol: The second piece is particular cool. But seriously, it's really neat how the older boys are described as entertaining and variously taking care of the younger ones. We knew this was the case, but the extent wasn't described before.

And then there's Victor dressed as Genghis Khan! :lol: :lol: :lol: Not to mention two of the boys quickly picking up a new instrument. I think sometimes we forget how talented some of these choristers really are. :D

Sounds like they had an amazing tour and I'm so glad to have been keeping up with the tour from those fans (both at LDF and elsewhere on social media) who have been kind enough to provide us all with updates! :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I absolutely Loved the Bigs blog. A lovely read and clearly they are amazing influences to the younger boys and it’s great to get their perspective of the tour and the input they have with the younger boys :mrgreen:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Looks like the blog wasn't exaggerating about Luca picking up that Korean instrument! :D