Church of Love... OMG!
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Photos by Justin
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: South Korea 2023

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:40 am">1 year ago</span> 10. I Am They Day
Solo by Morgan, alone front stage, with the others in groups as for Salva Me. They entered the stage under another round of long applause.
Very nice performance from Morgan.
The two small roles of the high and low voices which call and answer each other towards the end were held by Oskar for the treble and... Daniel for the low. I was surprised for the first, I was looking Mathias, but it wasn't him. Then I saw Daniel at the really end. I'll try to confirm this evening but I'm pretty sure.

11. Orinoco Flow

(I'll keep posting but time lacks, and not easy having only my mobile)
Thank you for your summary! Definitely appreciate that you are telling us all about the songs and stage positions and such. Please do continue the review when you have a chance, there's no hurry as typing a full review on a mobile device is a total hassle.

It's interesting that Liam was conducting as I don't think any of us were aware (though I am open to being corrected) that he was an official assistant director with the choir.

Also interesting that there was applause at the beginning to such a degree and then none after the first song...never saw that before.
justin

Post by justin »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:42 pm">1 year ago</span>
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:40 am">1 year ago</span> 10. I Am They Day
Solo by Morgan, alone front stage, with the others in groups as for Salva Me. They entered the stage under another round of long applause.
Very nice performance from Morgan.
The two small roles of the high and low voices which call and answer each other towards the end were held by Oskar for the treble and... Daniel for the low. I was surprised for the first, I was looking Mathias, but it wasn't him. Then I saw Daniel at the really end. I'll try to confirm this evening but I'm pretty sure.

11. Orinoco Flow

Thank you for your summary! Definitely appreciate that you are telling us all about the songs and stage positions and such. Please do continue the review when you have a chance, there's no hurry as typing a full review on a mobile device is a total hassle.

It's interesting that Liam was conducting as I don't think any of us were aware (though I am open to being corrected) that he was an official assistant director with the choir.

Also interesting that there was applause at the beginning to such a degree and then none after the first song...never saw that before.
Regarding the applause, I think it's mostly due to the lighting. Not sure if it's a cultural thing, but the (mostly) Korean audience happen to applaud when the lights are completely off - perhaps that's the cue they generally look for - and it just so happened that between the first and second songs some lights were dimmed but not extinguished, so that may have confused them.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

I totally love the idea of silence between two songs! :D Especially Vespera seems to a suitable song for this, while I imagine it to be a bit odd after Salva me (maybe because I could not withstand myself to applaude :mrgreen: )

Anyway, I hope the boys did not feel uncomfortable with it!
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I don't understand this photo. Why is he looking at the score of the opera Orfeo ed Euridice by Gluck?

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:44 pm">1 year ago</span> I don't understand this photo. Why is he looking at the score of the opera Orfeo ed Euridice by Gluck?
Perhaps Moose is planning to produce an opera.

Mini-clip of "Sing Forever" from last night (will expire in about 16 hours)...

https://www.instagram.com/stories/saran ... 890415375/
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:44 pm">1 year ago</span> I don't understand this photo. Why is he looking at the score of the opera Orfeo ed Euridice by Gluck?

This opera does feature the very famous "Dance of the Blessed Spirits". Maybe Sam is working on an arrangement of that for Libera?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

justin wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:47 pm">1 year ago</span> Regarding the applause, I think it's mostly due to the lighting. Not sure if it's a cultural thing, but the (mostly) Korean audience happen to applaud when the lights are completely off - perhaps that's the cue they generally look for - and it just so happened that between the first and second songs some lights were dimmed but not extinguished, so that may have confused them.
Got it! Makes sense.
Probably a joke at us fans who used the music scores that were in Libera photos posted in the past to figure out new songs -- likely something those taking/posting the photos didn't expect! :lol:
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:35 am">1 year ago</span>
Probably a joke at us fans who used the music scores that were in Libera photos posted in the past to figure out new songs -- likely something those taking/posting the photos didn't expect! :lol:
There's a good chance that you're right, but I will keep an open mind just in case they are serious. I can't help thinking that "Dance of the Blessed Spirits" would be good material for a vocal composition.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:42 pm">1 year ago</span>

11. Orinoco Flow

I hadn’t seen any news of Liam being involved with Libera since his alum days, with his last performances being sometime in 2013 prior to the Christmas in Ireland live recording. That’s why I was wondering if Steven G is still involved with Libera, because it’s pretty much solidly been Sam Coates as Director, and Steven Geraghty as Assistant Director and Conductor for the past 3 years.

Liam has been posting pics on his Instagram account of the concert venue in Seoul, though none of the boys or crew. He hasn’t mentioned directing the boys either but I’m guessing there’s a bar on what he can post about Libera on his own SM platforms.
Last edited by Mercurial909 on Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:03 am">1 year ago</span> I hadn’t seen any news of Liam being involved with Libera since his alum days, with his last performances being sometime in 2013 prior to the Christmas in Ireland live recording. That’s why I was wondering if Steven G is still involved with Libera, because it’s pretty much solidly been Sam Coates as Director, and Steven Geraghty has Assistant Director and Conductor for the past 3 years.

Liam has been posting pics on his Instagram account of the concert venue in Seoul, though none of the boys or crew. He hasn’t mentioned directing the boys either but I’m guessing there’s a bar on what he can post about Libera on his own SM platforms.
He's recently been credited with various backstage roles. I haven't heard anything about Steven.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:03 am">1 year ago</span>
I hadn’t seen any news of Liam being involved with Libera since his alum days, with his last performances being sometime in 2013 prior to the Christmas in Ireland live recording. That’s why I was wondering if Steven G is still involved with Libera, because it’s pretty much solidly been Sam Coates as Director, and Steven Geraghty has Assistant Director and Conductor for the past 3 years.

I wouldn't read too much into it, they have lives and families outside of Libera and it just might be that the timing didn't work for SG on this tour.

Nice to welcome Liam back though and it just shows how much Libera means to those who have been fortunate enough to be involved with it.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Cameron and Lewis now run a blog about the Korea 2023 tour - here you can find Part 1:

https://libera.org.uk/blog/libera-in-korea-2023-part-1/
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:18 pm">1 year ago</span> Cameron and Lewis now run a blog about the Korea 2023 tour - here you can find Part 1:

That’s new so they are announcing who is writing what now. We used to have fun guessing back in the day as it was always anonymous :)
theriverflowson
Silver Member

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:18 pm">1 year ago</span>
theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:18 pm">1 year ago</span> Cameron and Lewis now run a blog about the Korea 2023 tour - here you can find Part 1:

That’s new so they are announcing who is writing what now. We used to have fun guessing back in the day as it was always anonymous :)
Sounds like fun! :D Did they reveal the mystery at some point?