South Korea 2023

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

South Korea 2023

Post by Surpinto »

As found by sources on Twitter, there will be a Libera concert in South Korea on April 5, 2023 at the Seoul Arts Center.

https://www.sac.or.kr/site/eng/show/show_view?SN=49040
bachmahlerfan

Re: South Korea 2023

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Hopefully this one actually happens. I'm assuming World War 3 can hold off until at least the second half of April next year.
Anyways, I wonder if the tour will be just after the release of their next album?
NateSD

Post by NateSD »

Im glad to hear they are finally able to return to overseas tours. I hope they have a lot of fun and that nothing comes up that prevents them from this tour. (Although internally I'm cursing S. Korea and wishing that Libera would come back to the US :lol:)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:07 pm">1 year ago</span> Anyways, I wonder if the tour will be just after the release of their next album?
I believe their album will be released in something like October assuming they follow the same release schedule they've used for the last number of years.
NateSD wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:11 pm">1 year ago</span> Im glad to hear they are finally able to return to overseas tours. I hope they have a lot of fun and that nothing comes up that prevents them from this tour. (Although internally I'm cursing S. Korea and wishing that Libera would come back to the US :lol:)
They have more time off in summer for the much longer US tours :wink: By the way, a belated welcome to Libera Dreams!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I've moved our discussion of the new album over to the appropriate thread so as to keep this discussion of the Korea tour on topic. :wink:
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, nothing mentioned at the concert, so we shall see.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

South Korea (Spring 2023)

Post by Luckdragon »

The Korean tour schedule is beginning to take shape.

Libera appears to be confirmed for the Seoul Arts Center on 5 April and the Sejong Center on 11 April. We can expect there to be some concerts between those dates, and one Korean choir fan is speculating that they could be in Iksan and Incheon where Libera was invited to go last year.

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I couldn't possible go due to work and expense issues, but I'm curious if anyone from this forum is planning on attending?

Would love to hear about it after the fact! :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, I hope this is another sign that the tour is happening, because I'm getting anxious waiting for Libera to make an announcement:

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

If I'm correct the tour organizer SAM made a contest a few weeks ago, open to the Korean libera fans. Fans were invited to submit what would become the official poster for the tour. Possibly the visual here is the result of that contest.

I don't know for you but I'm a bit disappointed by this result. I don't see artistic imagination on it. It is just clipping of boys taken from some various official photos.
The robes have different hues, the lighting on the faces is disparate, Cameron's photo is blurry and pixelated coz the source was too small...
The result seems a bit amateurish to me.
► Show Spoiler
Luckily that doesn't matter. For 7 years that there have been no concerts in Korea, the tickets should be snapped up.

The best category tickets are expensive.
₩130 000 is about $105, £85, €97.
This is not new. Best category tickets in Asia are usually that price. Even more in Japan.
This said, same tickets were ₩100 000 in 2016. +30% price increase in 7 years.

The photos chosen by the poster creator are recent, which is a good choice.
Speaking about it, we should look at the list of members of the 2016 tour but probably there will have been a complete renewal of the choir since the last tour.

Edit : thanks to the Furby's database, here is the choristers list from the 2016 Korean tour.
► Show Spoiler
Among these 29, none of them was still on stage at the last concert at St John SS 2022.
So yes, it will be a Korean première for every kid on stage in April.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

It looks like the same artist won 300,000 KRW (about 240 USD) at https://www.loud.kr/contest/view/74701/winner.
It was designed with a colorful and lovely feeling, focusing on the season of performing in spring when cherry blossoms bloom. The background image was made by editing free images. The fonts are paid fonts licensed by the artist himself.
2023-01-21_13-45-35.jpg
2023-01-21_13-45-35.jpg (110.42 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
2023-01-21_13-45-35.jpg
2023-01-21_13-45-35.jpg (110.42 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
2023-01-21_13-46-37.jpg
2023-01-21_13-46-37.jpg (46.18 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
2023-01-21_13-46-37.jpg
2023-01-21_13-46-37.jpg (46.18 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Posted to Twitter by a Korean fan and translated by Google:

2023 Libera Schedule in Korea

01. 4/5 (Wed) Seoul - Seoul Arts Center
02. 4/8 (Sat) Iksan - Iksan Arts Center
03. 4/11 (Tue) Sejong - Sejong Arts Center
??. 4/?? (?) Incheon - Incheon Culture and Arts Center
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:46 pm">1 year ago</span> If I'm correct the tour organizer SAM made a contest a few weeks ago, open to the Korean libera fans. Fans were invited to submit what would become the official poster for the tour. Possibly the visual here is the result of that contest.

I don't know for you but I'm a bit disappointed by this result. I don't see artistic imagination on it. It is just clipping of boys taken from some various official photos.
The robes have different hues, the lighting on the faces is disparate, Cameron's photo is blurry and pixelated coz the source was too small...
The result seems a bit amateurish to me.

The photos chosen by the poster creator are recent, which is a good choice.
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:54 pm">1 year ago</span> It looks like the same artist won 300,000 KRW (about 240 USD) at https://www.loud.kr/contest/view/74701/winner.
They were given a set of images to use, and the winning entry includes one of those photos. I actually thought Leon and Cory had been blurred by the artist, but in actual fact they are out of focus in the original, and if anything the artist has sharpened them somewhat. They were also able to use any image from recent concerts on the Libera site too. The organiser stated that if an image was chosen which included parts from lower resolution images they would have attempted to source a higher resolution original, although obviously that only works if a higher res image ever existed.

I think the final winning entry is not bad, and I do like the cherry blossoms in the background, which apparently should be in peak bloom when Libera are visiting...
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I liked the one with Daniel and Cameron better... I don't get why they would go with the last one, where the boys are so obvisously out of focus...
But yes I like the colors and flowers as well.
LordG

Post by LordG »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:26 am">1 year ago</span> I actually thought Leon and Cory had been blurred by the artist, but in actual fact they are out of focus in the original, and if anything the artist has sharpened them somewhat.
If you open the aperture wide, e.g. <f 2.0, the result is that the object on which the focal point is located is in focus, everything else is out of focus.
There is AI software that can recalculate some sharpness up to a certain degree, but this is also only possible up to a certain degree.
It would have been nice if a larger aperture had been used so that all the boys were in focus.
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D