St John's Smith SQ Concert 2022 - Dec 4th

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

St John's Smith SQ Concert 2022 - Dec 4th

Post by Surpinto »

Libera has posted an announcement about their 2022 December concert.

https://libera.org.uk/event/sjss-2022/

Date: 4th December 2022 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Venue: St John's Smith Square
Price: £30 - £15
Tickets: TBA
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title modified to ease the search
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: December 2022 Concert

Post by fan_de_LoK »

This early annouce is very welcomed :D
It allows plenty of time to organise ourself and try to gather other events while in London.

I also appreciate that we will be back at St John SS, which offer a wide hall and a good view to the stage to almost everyone :)
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Tickets will go on general sale via the SJSS box office https://www.sjss.org.uk/whats-on on Monday 18th July.

https://libera.org.uk/news/st-johns-smi ... e-concert/

It appears that there will only be one concert this time. The beginning is announced for 5:30 pm, so there would be time for a second concert :twisted: :mrgreen:
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

They heard us cry about the late announcement of the July concerts and balanced it out with an early one now. :mrgreen:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
theriverflowson
Silver Member

"Now that we are able to perform full concerts with regular audiences we are not planning to stream this concert."

https://libera.org.uk/news/st-johns-smi ... e-concert/

Doesn't sound like the sale of stream tickets would be an extra benefit for Libera worth the effort :|
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Dec 4th 2022 - SJSS

Post by Surpinto »

Well I've officially lost my mind. :lol: :mrgreen:

Just booked a flight and hotels for the December concert. After not seeing Libera since their US tour in 2019 I'm anxious to see my favorite choir again....not to mention the opportunity to attend evensong at Westminster Abbey and maybe a Sunday service at St Paul's or Temple Church.

I've never seen them at a Christmas concert and crossing oceans to see them is not something I can normally do. But given this long time span as well as such advance notice which allows good prices for flights, I just can't pass this opportunity by. My only true wish now is that I get decent seats.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Way to go Surpinto! Hope you have enough time to enjoy some of London.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:43 am">1 year ago</span> Way to go Surpinto! Hope you have enough time to enjoy some of London.
Thanks! :D I was in London only once before on a trip unrelated to Libera. This will be a fairly short jaunt though (fly out Friday night and come back Monday) for work related reasons. What about you? Can you come?
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I will probably attend, the only reason that might lead to cancellation is new pandemic situation. But fingers crossed, it won't come to that. The 4th of December is perfect for me, and also I am so glad we will get a full Christmas concert, many many songs :D It has been some time !
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I've just checked the SJSS booking and it looks like tickets have gone on sale early, most of premium has sold already? Is this a mistake?

EDIT..

Not a mistake, as I have just discovered they sell to patrons and members first before general sales.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:53 pm">1 year ago</span>
tom413 wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:43 am">1 year ago</span> Way to go Surpinto! Hope you have enough time to enjoy some of London.
Thanks! :D I was in London only once before on a trip unrelated to Libera. This will be a fairly short jaunt though (fly out Friday night and come back Monday) for work related reasons. What about you? Can you come?
You will be the standard bearer for the US on this one, work commitments will keep me home this December.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: St John's Smith SQ Concert 2022 - Dec 4th

Post by TullyBascombe »

I'm going to try to make it to this concert also, but I'm not booking a flight 6 months in advance. Personal issues have kept me from attending Ely and the 2 upcoming concerts, but I'm not letting it keep me from the one in December. I hope the problems with air travel have been worked out by then.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

tom413 wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:07 pm">1 year ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:53 pm">1 year ago</span>
You will be the standard bearer for the US on this one, work commitments will keep me home this December.
Understandable! There's a reason I've never been able to attend the December concert before and never even considered it.

Hopefully I'll get to see you during the presumptive 2023 US tour that I hope and pray actually happens. :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Does anyone know about what time the tickets will go on sale on July 18?
theriverflowson
Silver Member

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:24 am">1 year ago</span> Does anyone know about what time the tickets will go on sale on July 18?
At 10am British Summer Time

https://www.sjss.org.uk/book?873627772