Summer Concerts 2022 - Brighton & Chichester

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Celtic

Summer Concerts 2022 - Brighton & Chichester

Post by Celtic »

Libera have just announced two UK summer concerts.

These will take place on Friday 29th July at St Bartholemew’s Church, Brighton and and Saturday 30th July in Chichester Cathedral.

Advance ticket sales open at 2.00PM UK time on Sunday 26th June. General sales open at 2.00PM on Monday 27th June.
► Show Spoiler
Perhaps they'll break from their usual repertoire and sing Bernstein's Chichester Psalms? :lol:
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: Summer Concerts 2022 - Brighton & Chichester

Post by Luckdragon »

What do "concessions" mean in this context? Kids, groups, things like that?

In America, it means food you buy at concession stands (snack bars). A £20 hot dog would have to be pretty spectacular.
Last edited by Luckdragon on Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

A concession is a discount for children, seniors, students etc. usually. No idea what categories apply for these.

I'm more curious to know the difference between advanced and general ticket sales. How do I get to be advanced? :?:
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:00 pm">1 year ago</span> I'm more curious to know the difference between advanced and general ticket sales. How do I get to be advanced? :?:
Whatever it is, they're only giving you 1 day to do it.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:08 pm">1 year ago</span> Whatever it is, they're only giving you 1 day to do it.
:shock:

Also, we know what the Brighton venue is like and it was a great concert last time out. But Chichester Cathedral has quite a narrow nave? I'm wondering how that will work out.

I was there in October 2018:
► Show Spoiler
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:11 pm">1 year ago</span>
Also, we know what the Brighton venue is like and it was a great concert last time out. But Chichester Cathedral has quite a narrow nave? I'm wondering how that will work out.
Perhaps setting up a stage in front of those columns?

Anyhow, with airfare prices being close to $1500-1800 for a round-trip ticket, even from major international hubs such as New York Kennedy airport, and with so little time to decide, this trip might not even be worth it for me. I was waiting anxiously for an announcement but with these cost-prohibitive flights, unclear ticket situation, and last minute announcement I am having serious doubts about attending. I don't want to spend that kind of crazy money just to travel there only to end up in a lousy seat for example. If this concert were in New York or Washington where I could just hop on a train or into my own car and drive there then that would be whatever. But to have to sort this all out last minute and at such high cost really stresses me out, especially given that this announcement came when I'm out of town and on vacation; not really in a position to seriously consider/plan the details of such a major trip. :? :(
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, I'm glad they are at least doing a couple additional concerts within England. I know people want them to tour internationally again, but I think we need to accept reality. The economic outlook is looking bleak, so even if covid-19 is less of a problem, they may be grounded by excessive costs involved with touring abroad.
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Um, the mystery of the advanced sales option…

For friends/family I am guessing, with a code? I think the Ely concert had the same?
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:36 pm">1 year ago</span>
Perhaps setting up a stage in front of those columns?
Yeah, that will be the place for the stage, in front of the rood screen. But it just seems like a bit of a small space to me. I wonder where they will sit the musicians, maybe on a platform inside the screen behind the boys?

Mr W wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:39 pm">1 year ago</span> Um, the mystery of the advanced sales option…

For friends/family I am guessing, with a code? I think the Ely concert had the same?
I shall brace myself for an awful seat then.
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:04 pm">1 year ago</span>
Mr W wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:39 pm">1 year ago</span> Um, the mystery of the advanced sales option…

I shall brace myself for an awful seat then.
It took a while for the premium seats to fill for Ely, even with an advanced option, so fingers crossed! I think the ticketsource site is the one that tends to fall over when tickets are released so its always a bit scary!
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Really hoping for a good attendance for these concerts. Though personally, it’s kind of hard to decide. My brother is coming over from Canada that weekend and I would like to spend time with him.

For those undecided on Chichester: the cathedral itself is amazing and totally worth a visit. The town is lovely too and makes for a nice day out. So treat yourself!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

I'm personally only aiming for Brighton at the moment due to the post-concert train connections. Although, I haven't completely ruled out going to both.

Yes, Chichester is a lovely little town and there's a Wetherspoons pub right opposite the cathedral! 8)
LordG

Post by LordG »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:57 pm">1 year ago</span> Yes, Chichester is a lovely little town and there's a Wetherspoons pub right opposite the cathedral! 8)
:lol: :D ;)
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I'm wondering whether Libera will remain with these two concerts or if they might add more before and/or afterwards?

Train prices don't look pretty and we have an embarrassing flight chaos here in Germany. I try to avoid flying to the UK anyway, the train works well. So, as even the super-saver prices for the train are higher than usual, while being completely unflexible in terms of cancellation/re-booking, I'm undetermined to already book anything, despite the fact that they will only get more expensive.

I wish Libera would say crystal-clearly if that is it with Brighton and Chichester or if there are still some open opportunities. Without having to name them prematurely and even if they are not realised in the end. Only to know if we can finalise our travel plans at this point in time.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
ste1701fan

Post by ste1701fan »

So for the advanced sale we need a password. Too bad Libera implemented a 2 class society.
With travel beeing no fun at all this summer, ridicolous prices in brighton and coastal area and prefering others before us, i am skipping this summer tour 😭