New album hinted at (2022)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: New album hinted at (2022)

Post by Luckdragon »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Wed May 25, 2022 10:40 am">1 year ago</span> Uhm, is this topic about a possible new album or about a possible new concert video/DVD? :wink:
We want it all. Is that too much to ask?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Wed May 25, 2022 2:59 pm">1 year ago</span>
maartendas wrote: <span title="Wed May 25, 2022 10:40 am">1 year ago</span> Uhm, is this topic about a possible new album or about a possible new concert video/DVD? :wink:
We want it all. Is that too much to ask?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It seems that the next album will feature more original compositions from ex-Libera members beyond the two which premiered at the concerts. I'm not sure whether I should be excited about it or not, but I'll keep an open mind and see what I think when the album is released

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

It's amazing what is being harvested from the seeds Robert was sowing all those decades ago. :D
bachmahlerfan

Re: South Korea 2023

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:12 pm">1 year ago</span> I believe their album will be released in something like October assuming they follow the same release schedule they've used for the last number of years.
Well, their "Hope" album was released in May 2017 and their "Peace" album was released in February or March of 2010 (depending on where you lived). Also, there are indications that they are recording quite a bit of music this year, which would favor a release in the early months of next year.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:22 pm">1 year ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:12 pm">1 year ago</span> I believe their album will be released in something like October assuming they follow the same release schedule they've used for the last number of years.
Well, their "Hope" album was released in May 2017 and their "Peace" album was released in February or March of 2010 (depending on where you lived). Also, there are indications that they are recording quite a bit of music this year, which would favor a release in the early months of next year.
Yes, but every significant album since Hope has been released on the schedule I described and has corresponded with a Japan tour (or possible Japan tour) around that time. :wink:

If - Oct 2021
Christmas Carols With Libera - Oct 2019
Beyond - - Oct 2018

My guess is that the Covid situation at the time when a decision had to be made is to blame for them not having a Japanese tour this year, but that they would have had one otherwise. Japan is the only place where Libera albums are sold by anyone other than their current independent record label Invisible Hands. That is why the Japanese albums have alternative track orders, album art, etc. So having the choir on tour in Japan with exclusive rights to a new album is a winner financially for both Libera and Libera Records.

It would make no sense to release an album in Japan in October and then delay an international release for months. Although who knows what will happen. :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Yeah, I'm aware of their supposed contract, but I don't see why it has to be absolute. Couldn't they release something for the Korea tour, and then release the whole thing later?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, Libera has heard my cry and delivered me from all my distress.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Now that the new CD becomes known, title, art cover, release time, the topic that takes over is this one.