Silver Member

Re: Schola Cantorum Upcoming Performances

Post by Padmachou »

Very good solo from Malakai ! I love his voice, very warm. :D
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

► Show Spoiler
Nice to see TF & BB still in this choir, though sad to see LT and OW-R no longer there.
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for privacy
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

A long trip and a late night for Luca, but it was nice of him to go out and support his CVMS friends in Messiah.

► Show Spoiler
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:13 pm">1 year ago</span>
I suddenly feel like seeing the magic flute again. :roll:
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:20 am">1 year ago</span> I suddenly feel like seeing the magic flute again. :roll:
FB_IMG_1670245899175.jpg
FB_IMG_1670245899175.jpg (57.2 KiB) Viewed 2125 times
FB_IMG_1670245899175.jpg
FB_IMG_1670245899175.jpg (57.2 KiB) Viewed 2125 times
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:13 pm">1 year ago</span>
Celtic wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:20 am">1 year ago</span> I suddenly feel like seeing the magic flute again. :roll:
FB_IMG_1670245899175.jpg
:lol:
ENO-CVMS-MagicFlute.jpg
ENO-CVMS-MagicFlute.jpg (83.91 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
ENO-CVMS-MagicFlute.jpg
ENO-CVMS-MagicFlute.jpg (83.91 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

So yeah there was an advert for a concert tonight featuring some CVMS choristers but no information who they were or how much they would sing. I was in town already for St Paul's so it was either try the concert or go and watch England lose in the footie in a pub. Chose the concert. Best. Decision. Ever.
► Show Spoiler
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:02 pm">1 year ago</span> So yeah there was an advert for a concert tonight featuring some CVMS choristers but no information who they were or how much they would sing. I was in town already for St Paul's so it was either try the concert or go and watch England lose in the footie in a pub. Chose the concert. Best. Decision. Ever.
► Show Spoiler
Well, I'm glad they came dressed for the cold! You got to keep your lungs warm while singing.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:17 pm">1 year ago</span>
Celtic wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:02 pm">1 year ago</span> So yeah there was an advert for a concert tonight featuring some CVMS choristers but no information who they were or how much they would sing. I was in town already for St Paul's so it was either try the concert or go and watch England lose in the footie in a pub. Chose the concert. Best. Decision. Ever.
► Show Spoiler
Well, I'm glad they came dressed for the cold! You got to keep your lungs warm while singing.
There was no heating in the church! Only the pianist got a small heater, no one else! I had my woolly hat and gloves on (except for applauding)! But we all got a free wine in compensation. :mrgreen:
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:20 pm">1 year ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:17 pm">1 year ago</span>
► Show Spoiler
There was no heating in the church! Only the pianist got a small heater, no one else! I had my woolly hat and gloves on (except for applauding)! But we all got a free wine in compensation. :mrgreen:
Wow, I didn't realize that! I was wondering why one of the singers had his hands wrung together in the photo you posted on Twitter. Was it done intentionally to create a Winter ambience for the concert?
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:38 pm">1 year ago</span>
Celtic wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:20 pm">1 year ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:17 pm">1 year ago</span> Well, I'm glad they came dressed for the cold! You got to keep your lungs warm while singing.
Wow, I didn't realize that! I was wondering why one of the singers had his hands wrung together in the photo you posted on Twitter. Was it done intentionally to create a Winter ambience for the concert?
Apparently the fuses kept tripping if they tried to turn on more heaters. I suspect the church just can't afford to heat it and has deliberately not fixed it.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:20 pm">1 year ago</span> There was no heating in the church! Only the pianist got a small heater, no one else! I had my woolly hat and gloves on (except for applauding)! But we all got a free wine in compensation. :mrgreen:
I'm seeing this all over Europe.

BRATISLAVA (3 December 2022)

Pre-concert promo photo (pretending not to be cold):
► Show Spoiler
Concert:
► Show Spoiler
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:02 pm">1 year ago</span>
► Show Spoiler
Looks like one of them may have gotten into the wine. Not saying who.