Christmas greetings 2021

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

seraphita
Silver Member

Christmas greetings 2021

Post by seraphita »

[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
seraphita
Silver Member

Re: Christmas greetings 2021

Post by seraphita »

It's my pleasure :D

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:34 pm">2 years ago</span> Thanks for sharing this! :)
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Alas, they didn't introduce themselves. We would have learned the name of a mini boy. Perhaps this one is Dominik's little brother.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:58 pm">2 years ago</span> Alas, they didn't introduce themselves. We would have learned the name of a mini boy. Perhaps this one is Dominik's little brother.
The only mini-boy is the one in the front row on the right, so I'm pretty sure his brother is not in the video.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:30 pm">2 years ago</span>
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:58 pm">2 years ago</span> Alas, they didn't introduce themselves. We would have learned the name of a mini boy. Perhaps this one is Dominik's little brother.
The only mini-boy is the one in the front row on the right, so I'm pretty sure his brother is not in the video.
Well, you're really not giving much consideration to todays' modern families, are you? :wink:
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:01 am">2 years ago</span>
Well, you're really not giving much consideration to todays' modern families, are you? :wink:
Well, I suppose you can't rule out the possibility of a blended family or adoption. However, one of the mini-boys listed has the last name of Agyei, which is a surname that originates from Ghana. So, I'm quite sure that's Cory Agyei in the video.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:48 am">2 years ago</span>
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:01 am">2 years ago</span>

Well, I suppose you can't rule out the possibility of a blended family or adoption. However, one of the mini-boys listed has the last name of Agyei, which is a surname that originates from Ghana. So, I'm quite sure that's Cory Agyei in the video.
Well, I think you're probably right about that.

However, it amazes me that nobody has spotted the family at church or a concert over the last 4 years and that the identity of his little brother is still such a mystery to us.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Maybe some have spotted the family and know which miniboy is Dominik's brother, but allow some intimacy to the family and the very young boy :wink: Usually the miniboys are not identified and often they are not until they fully join the group on tour (where the programs include a gallery of portraits), and I think it is fine this way. It's fine trying to guess who is who, but I would totally understand that, if someone has been attending the service at church and met the little brother, they would consider it private life of the family. Libera and the church are quite distinct themselves, they scarcely link the name of the choir with the name of the church...

But I agree it would have been great if the miniboy in the video had given his name. Once they appear in the videos their identity usually becomes more "public". And I like how they "mix" the generations of boys, older ones and young ones :D
Also, do you think they shot the video the same day they performed the concert ? I can't tell where it has been shot.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:30 am">2 years ago</span> But I agree it would have been great if the miniboy in the video had given his name. Once they appear in the videos their identity usually becomes more "public". And I like how they "mix" the generations of boys, older ones and young ones :D
Also, do you think they shot the video the same day they performed the concert ? I can't tell where it has been shot.
Not all Mini Boys make it to the main group so it's fine if people are cautious about identifying them. However, Libera printed their names in the program and made sure to get them all into the web gallery so I don't think there was an attempt to give them any extra privacy.

The Furby has identified the video location as St. Philip's.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Oh, did not notice that, thanks ! And thanks to The Furby :)

Yes you are right they all appear in the gallery, and I do not remember that we got pics of the newbies so easily in the past, is that new ?
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

I can't remember where I got this located at St Philips... That's what I had displayed on their 2020 Christmas video (same location), but why?
I switched it to "location unknown".

The "Cafe dowstairs" sign would suggest SJSS though, as they have a café located in their crypt.
... also they've got their mics on.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Both this 2021 video and the concert day behind the scenes footage in 2022 were shot at the Emmanuel Centre, 9-23 Marsham St, London SW1P 3DW.
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

Well spotted Celtic! How did you figure out the place ?

From their site: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=dz9xi1jvYBr
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

The Furby wrote: <span title="Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:23 pm">1 year ago</span> Well spotted Celtic! How did you figure out the place ?

From their site: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=dz9xi1jvYBr
I looked at the road markings during their walk and compared with Google maps and then looked on Google street view, the centre was very close to the start point of their video walk and the brick colour and sandstone detailing made it stand out very quickly. I then also saw the same 3d walkthrough you posted above, which confirmed it. :)

Did you see I also identified the third location in the 2022 video as Graveney School? (That one was easy from the posters on the wall.)

Finally... For some time I was trying to find the location of Carol of the Bells (2011), but so far I've failed. However, I have made some progress on Libera - O Holy Night (2011). I suspect both were recorded in the same location at some sort of manor house or stately home, but I haven't identified which one, yet. But there is a way to find out...

Manuel Arellano Bover who is these days the conductor for the Siegfried Camerata once played violin in the same location...
Manuel Arellano Bover.jpg
Manuel Arellano Bover.jpg (37.06 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
Manuel Arellano Bover.jpg
Manuel Arellano Bover.jpg (37.06 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
So if you are feeling keen, you could email him to find out, which would give you the location for O Holy Night (2011), and I suspect it might also give you the location for Carol of the Bells (2011).