Poznan Boys' Choir / Poznański Chór Chłopięcy

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Poznan Boys' Choir / Poznański Chór Chłopięcy

Post by Luckdragon »

If you're not already aware of them, this is definitely a group to keep your eye on.

Polish boys can often reach age 15 as trebles (Libera's Dominik is half Polish). That extra experience can be a huge benefit to a boys' choir.

This is Tri Angela (Три Ангела) from November 2020. Their lead soprano's name is Ksawery. He's the first voice you'll hear.

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: Poznan Boys' Choir / Poznański Chór Chłopięcy

Post by Luckdragon »

In May 2021, Ksawery teamed up with fellow chorister Wojciech to record this beautiful Polish lullaby.

It's sort of a "behind the scenes" video so the voices don't necessarily match the singers. Ksawery sings the higher soprano part. You hear him before you see him.

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

In June 2021, the Poznan Boys' Choir teamed up with another adult group to commemorate the Poznan protests of 1956. Ksawery plays the ghost of Romek Strzałkowski, a 13-year-old boy who was killed during the unrest.

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

The group started touring again in September 2021. Here they are in Biskupice singing Tri Angela once more. The first soloist is Ksawery (now 14 and still a solid soprano). Next to him is Wojciech from the lullaby, and then another Wojciech demonstrating more of their amazing soprano talent.

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

November 2021 in Kostrzyn singing Imbakwa.

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

November 2021 in Rawa Mazowiecka singing Intonent Hodie.

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

You can follow them on their YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVPrP ... xzUv9nRgCg.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Thanks for this, Luckdragon! I especially like "Tri Angela" very much and cannot stop watching the first video you have posted! :D I will definitely look more closely at Poznan Boys' Choir!

Also recommended (kind of hypnotic): "Płaczcie anieli"

Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Thanks for sharing ! I knew this choir for "Peace Meditation", but I like the "Tri Angela" even more and I have to say this soloist, Ksawery, is amazing !
I spent an afternoon listening to their youtube videos and the other one I liked is the same you shared theriverflowson :D
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

The Poznan Boys Choir have been posting Christmas Carols each a day lately, and they will keep going (tomorrow "Stille Nacht" shall premiere). I did not care for all, but I really like this "Mary Did you Know".

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:11 pm">2 years ago</span> The Poznan Boys Choir have been posting Christmas Carols each a day lately, and they will keep going (tomorrow "Stille Nacht" shall premiere). I did not care for all, but I really like this "Mary Did you Know".
Yes, they are songs from a concert they recently performed in Berlin.

The poor sound is unfortunate, but as their director told us in the "Great Boys Choirs of the World" FB group, the tech doesn't always work they way you'd like.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

There were a couple of fine treble performances in this. One soprano and one alto, maybe? Once again, the sound wasn't that great. Unfortunately.

Celt

Post by Celt »

A chance for a more normal year of music? Ely taking bookings for the Libera concert, the Tölzer Knabenchor festival currently on their schedule... and then if you like the Poznan Boys' Choir you could see them here on the 18th June...

https://windsbacher-knabenchor.de/konze ... rfestival/

Alongside the Windsbacher knabenchor, Nidarosdomens Guttekor and the Hannover Knabenchor. Don't think tickets are for sale yet, but could be an amazing festival to attend!

P.s. The Bad Tölz festival is currently scheduled for the weekend after Ely.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celt wrote: <span title="Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:58 am">2 years ago</span> A chance for a more normal year of music? Ely taking bookings for the Libera concert, the Tölzer Knabenchor festival currently on their schedule... and then if you like the Poznan Boys' Choir you could see them here on the 18th June...

https://windsbacher-knabenchor.de/konze ... rfestival/

Alongside the Windsbacher knabenchor, Nidarosdomens Guttekor and the Hannover Knabenchor. Don't think tickets are for sale yet, but could be an amazing festival to attend!

P.s. The Bad Tölz festival is currently scheduled for the weekend after Ely.
Interesting. They're listed as "Poznaner Nachtigallen" which is actually a different choir (Poznanskie Słowiki), yet the link goes to the Poznan Boys' Choir / Poznański Chór Chłopięcy.

The Nightingales aren't scheduled to perform in Germany until late September, so they probably do mean the Poznan Boys' Choir.

Poznański Chór Chłopięcy: https://pchch.pl/en/
Poznanskie Słowiki: http://www.slowiki.poznan.pl/www/home.php
Celt

Post by Celt »

I noticed that discrepancy, but the Nightingales are also a choir I want to see, so it wouldn't be the end of the world for me. Also the Nidarosdomens choir are probably the ones I most want to see out of that list, as I have heard good things about them many times but have yet to see them live.

The Nightingales did a nice little Xmas concert in 2020.