"Cum Dederit" Music Video

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

"Cum Dederit" Music Video

Post by Surpinto »

I've been wondering if Libera have been holding out on us concerning what appears to be a music video of "Cum Dederit". If you watch the introduction video for the If album and go to time index 1:25 you'll see the introduction of what can only be described as a clip of a music video. I doubt they went through all of the trouble of recording just that one scene, right?

I wonder if they're holding it out for a special occasion? Closer to the concert perhaps?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: "Cum Dederit" Music Video

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I would also love to see the whole clip.
Let's hope that the video can be made public in the vicinity of the concert.

However, there are some precedents of recordings made long ago and for which the release has not yet taken place.
As for the 'Voca Me' recorded live in August 2013 in Armagh, or the live 'Angele Dei' recorded with the 360° device at St George 2016.

But I'm confident 'Cum Dederit' will be released, the performance is too fantastic to let the file languish in a drawer.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Apparently, there is also an Ave Maria video
The heaven soars with voices above...
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:27 pm">2 years ago</span> I would also love to see the whole clip.
Let's hope that the video can be made public in the vicinity of the concert.

However, there are some precedents of recordings made long ago and for which the release has not yet taken place.
As for the 'Voca Me' recorded live in August 2013 in Armagh, or the live 'Angele Dei' recorded with the 360° device at St George 2016.

But I'm confident 'Cum Dederit' will be released, the performance is too fantastic to let the file languish in a drawer.
Agreed. I'm optimistic as well for the eventual release of this video. Of course those live recordings may not have turned out as desired; whereas music videos done in a studio are a different matter altogether because the audio is already recorded in advance.
Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:19 pm">2 years ago</span> Apparently, there is also an Ave Maria video.
Oh yeah! Forgot about that one.

hmmmm....two music videos awaiting release. I wonder if they're being saved for some special event or occasion. Maybe for a quiet period after the December concert to keep Libera in the spotlight? Who knows, but at least we have something to look forward to :D
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

Another music video premieres Nov.29 🙂. Finally we'll get to see the full version this time.

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

So just a few days after starting this thread we had the premiere of this video today; and it was great. :D Available in 4k too!

With the candles and every scene fading into the next, as well as the overlapping, translucent shots, in which the soloist, the other boys, and the instruments overlayed with one another, the scene is quite somber and ethereal; even by Libera standards ;)

They really used the more extreme close-up shots of Dominik's face throughout the song to great effect to enhance the mood. Knowing what we know about Dominik's role in selecting this song based on the interview with Sam Coates on Scala Radia back in October, as well as his centrality in the song itself, I think it actually works well.

A good video and a great song!

Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Comparing the "Happy Easter" video and the video introduction to "If" it's clear that Domink's voice has lowered a lot. I hope he'll be able to sing solos in the next week's concert. His voice is terrific, but he's almost 15 now. I realized for the first time that he was quite "old" when he joined Libera :lol:
The heaven soars with voices above...
enjaysea

Post by enjaysea »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:27 pm">2 years ago</span> However, there are some precedents of recordings made long ago and for which the release has not yet taken place.
Libera never received the 360° video from the team that made it. So that one will probably never see the light of day.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks Nick.
Too bad for the lost recording, it sounded promising. At least we now it is useless to keep wating for news about that video.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I noticed that there are still zero comments listed below the video on Youtube. They recently started allowing comments on the newly released music videos, so I'm not sure what's going on. Anyways, I'm usually uncomfortable with extreme close-ups on the singers' faces. However, in this case, the close-up shots on Dominik were used to good effect.