Luca Brugnoli

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by Luckdragon »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:54 pm">1 year ago</span> The church hosting the event is a stones throw from the venue of his dance/song recital last September. East Grinstead is just over an hour by train from London and the venue is approximately a 15 minute walk from East Grinstead train station.
And he commutes to Norbury two or three times a week? Amazing!
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Actually, if you go by car, anywhere south of London like that wouldn't be too bad, it's actually worse if you live north of the river somewhere. I very very rarely make it to Norbury because it's a 2 1/4 hour journey for me one way because I have to go through central London. A 4.5 hour round trip is a bit much for me for an evensong.

Anyway, back on topic. Please consider supporting Luca by attending his concert in East Grinstead on the 27th May, if you can.

http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/lrb-music
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Here's the "Ave Maria" by David Lanz/Kristin Amarie. Kristin is the main vocalist, but Luca does the high stuff. It's not bad, but nothing extraordinary. I should add that David and Kristin have been letting their followers know about Luca and directing them to his social media. They even have Libera tagged on a couple messages. So, be nice!

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:31 am">1 year ago</span> Here's the "Ave Maria" by David Lanz/Kristin Amarie. Kristin is the main vocalist, but Luca does the high stuff. It's not bad, but nothing extraordinary. I should add that David and Kristin have been letting their followers know about Luca and directing them to his social media. They even have Libera tagged on a couple messages. So, be nice!
I think it's a beautiful arrangement. Thanks for sharing.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Today, Luca shared a picture of his album's back cover on Instagram. Can't wait to listen to it!

Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

For the impatient souls who visit this forum, y'all can listen to previews of each track on Luca's album. Let's see if you can guess the soloist on each song.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/p ... a-brugnoli
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:19 am">1 year ago</span> For the impatient souls who visit this forum, y'all can listen to previews of each track on Luca's album. Let's see if you can guess the soloist on each song.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/p ... a-brugnoli
One thing I find rather interesting about this album is that not only is he singing some songs that are never recorded by boy trebles, but a couple of them have rather unusual arrangements. We know about "Vincent" already, and you have "Fields of Gold" with a rather unusual arrangement. The "Both Sides Now" sample is quite different than the popular Judy Collins cover or even the original recording by Joni Mitchell. It does bear some resemblance to Joni Mitchell's later recording which has a slower tempo and more somber mood. I just wonder if it will work with someone so young singing it.
Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
justin

Post by justin »

Here's a nice little video where Luca introduces his latest album, with a few songs played as well!
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Sarah Gorrell at Radio Sussex interviewed Luca today (4/21) at the 2:45 mark...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fcmly6
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:27 pm">1 year ago</span> Sarah Gorrell at Radio Sussex interviewed Luca today (4/21) at the 2:45 mark...

Maybe I'm missing something or am being ignorant, but I don't see any interview at 2 minutes 45 seconds :? Help?
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:28 pm">1 year ago</span>
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:27 pm">1 year ago</span> Sarah Gorrell at Radio Sussex interviewed Luca today (4/21) at the 2:45 mark...

Maybe I'm missing something or am being ignorant, but I don't see any interview at 2 minutes 45 seconds :? Help?
Two Hours, 45 Minutes
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am">1 year ago</span>

Two Hours, 45 Minutes
Thanks! :D
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:51 am">1 year ago</span>
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:01 am">1 year ago</span>

Two Hours, 45 Minutes
Thanks! :D
I sometimes forget that Luca comes from fully two counties away from where Libera are based in Norbury, South London. Most Libera boys are from South London and a few from Surrey (like Ben P, Ralph, Dominik and Leon), which is directly south-west of London. Luca travelling up from East Sussex a few times a week is a heck of a commitment.

I’m excited to hear the album but I do wish there had been a Rob Prizeman composition on it, even if just as a tribute. I think he would sound brilliant singing ‘Once An Angel’ or ‘Sancte’.
Last edited by Mercurial909 on Mon May 08, 2023 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:26 am">1 year ago</span> I sometimes forget that Luca comes from fully two counties away from where Libera are based in Norwood, South London.
Norbury
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:34 am">1 year ago</span>
Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:26 am">1 year ago</span> I sometimes forget that Luca comes from fully two counties away from where Libera are based in Norwood, South London.
Norbury
Thanks. Corrected.