Luca Brugnoli

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Celtic

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by Celtic »

So, I went to the afternoon show on Sunday in East Grinstead. The theatre was very small and I almost regretted buying front row as I was practically on the stage. But that aside... it was a very entertaining show with some nice dancing from all the performers. But there was also plenty of singing, and a lot of it was Luca!

The standout performance of the day was absolutely Luca's Bohemian Rhapsody! In a flamboyant and memorable outfit, he completely owned the song! Really fantastic stage presence! His singing throughout the show was of course great, and there were memorable solos or leads from him in some Matilda the Musical songs, a Lion King medley and more.

I heard numerous comments from other audience members about how good Luca's singing was. I am now super excited for him in Young Chorister of the Year!

Apparently, Sunday was the 12th time I have seen Luca on stage and it was brilliant to see and hear him in a different context to Libera.

No photos from the show I'm afraid. But here instead is a montage of my photos of Luca in all 11 Libera concerts I have seen him in.
► Show Spoiler
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:03 pm">1 year ago</span> So, I went to the afternoon show on Sunday in East Grinstead. The theatre was very small and I almost regretted buying front row as I was practically on the stage. But that aside... it was a very entertaining show with some nice dancing from all the performers. But there was also plenty of singing, and a lot of it was Luca!
It sounds like it was a good step up from the dance school recital I was imagining.

Any chance you managed to get a ticket to the Karl Jenkins performance?
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:50 pm">1 year ago</span> It sounds like it was a good step up from the dance school recital I was imagining.

Any chance you managed to get a ticket to the Karl Jenkins performance?
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised, it was well worth hoofing over there as Luca did a lot of singing.

No, the Karl Jenkins concert was already sold out when it first hit my radar. There is a waiting list option, but the second bigger problem is, it's in the middle of nowhere. Or more specifically, a town with no train station. The nearest would be Haslemere (the town where Cai had his concert in 2019 and where Cai and Luca recently recorded music videos) but it would inevitably be a taxi from there. So, sadly, I have ruled out even trying.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Cool! It sounds like a memorable performance, certainly differing from what we would expect with him in Libera especially if he wore a costume suitable for that song :lol:

Glad you had a nice time and I'm pleased to hear that Luca continues on with performing a variety of music in wide-ranging settings.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

One of his other solos on Sunday. :mrgreen:

As you can see, he also sang during ensemble dance pieces. :D
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

He posted the full "Bring Him Home" on his YouTube channel. Hopefully Bohemian will follow...

Here's a bit of Bohemian. I really like subtleties in his voice when he drops into the alto ranges.

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks to you both for that links! Definitely a contrast from his performances with Libera which, due to just being a different genre of music, do not show forth some of his more dramatic singing style. Good for him!
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Full versions of the songs now posted by Luca on YT.

The only disappointing bit of my day was that I didn't go to the morning show. Because had I known how much I was going to enjoy it, I totally would have!
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:26 pm">1 year ago</span> Full versions of the songs now posted by Luca on YT.

The only disappointing bit of my day was that I didn't go to the morning show. Because had I known how much I was going to enjoy it, I totally would have!
Thanks for posting. Even though he has a big disclaimer on his BR video, I thought he did well and proved to be quite a good alto as well.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

What I liked about it was that it was clearly a song he enjoyed singing, and that really came over in the performance, especially in person!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Under his "Bohemian Rhapsody" it says:
Hoping to master this by the end of the year and then revisit with a professional recording.
Does that suggest it will be on his album, or am I reading too much into it?

Nicely done! I found it funny and cool that he did the instrumental trills with his voice :lol: :D
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

The full version has just premiered and comments were allowed.

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks for the link! This is the same video that was previewed in his Kickstarter and that those who opted for the pre-release videos reward option, or any of the tiers above that, have received prior.

Very nicely done and an excellent performance. :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

When I heard Luca was performing Vincent I wondered if it was a good song choice but I really like it and it shows just how much he has matured as a singer. I think he is able to add a lot of colour to his performance and bring the lyrics to life. It's a thumbs up from me.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Luca is trying to get to 1,000 subscribers on YouTube by this weekend. He's at 869 now. Please consider subscribing if you haven't already.

https://www.youtube.com/c/lucabrugnoliofficial