Luca Brugnoli

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Celtic

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by Celtic »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:56 pm">1 year ago</span>
Celtic wrote: <span title="Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:47 pm">1 year ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:23 pm">1 year ago</span> Why is a particular person on his Facebook page trying to be an online vocal coach (in the comments)? He may be well-intentioned, but I believe Rob Lewis is responsible for that. If he's concerned about something, he should address Rob. Anyways, an early morning practice with a jacket on isn't necessarily the best video clip to be critiquing. It's possible they are letting him comment because he has shown support to Luca and they don't want to upset him by deleting his comments. However, I don't think it's helpful, and I hope Rob is aware of it.
Luca has Rob, his school music department, and all the staff at Libera, I think between them they can manage!! Presumably Luca's social media is run completely by his parents, so I'm sure they will just politely ignore that persons advice and leave it to the professionals.
He certainly has all he needs in that regard, I'm just bothered by the fact that he even responded to this fellow's advice. The fellow even mentioned how he wished he could be his vocal teacher, and it made me uncomfortable. Also, it can be confusing if someone gives you advice that may not be consistent with what you are being instructed to do. I'm not on Facebook and don't wish to be on it, so I can't leave a comment there.
I don't know if this is the case, but I would hope that Luca's social media is run by his parents with some input from Luca, so that when you read a reply that appears to be from Luca it is most likely written by his parents, with or without Luca's direct input. That is often how such accounts are run. I would therefore also hope that if Luca has read those comments at all, it is with some caveats to essentially ignore them and listen to Rob. I also am not on FB so can't comment, but I'd be fairly confident his parents have it covered.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

The title of Luca's album will be "Rise Up". He released the track list to his Patreon supporters. There will be either 15 or 16 songs. He's still undecided on one of them.

If you want to be among the first to know more, you can become a supporter at https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=83962358. Support levels start at USD 5 per month.

The album title should clue you into one of the songs, though. :wink:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is he actually going to do the song from "Hamilton!"?
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:05 am">1 year ago</span> Is he actually going to do the song from "Hamilton!"?
Not for the album. There's a fairly even amount of classical, church hymns, and pop/easy listening.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I am a supporter but I did not get the track list... :( maybe it is only for people who have donated a certain amount ?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:52 pm">1 year ago</span> I am a supporter but I did not get the track list... :( maybe it is only for people who have donated a certain amount ?
This was revealed on his Patreon account. So, if you only donated to his Kickstarter you wouldn't have gotten the message. I'm only donating the minimum amount on Patreon and could still see the track list.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Looks like Luca continues to stay busy recording new stuff. The music clip featured is just a demo, not the actual recording since it was just recorded today. The composer David Lanz is well known in New Age music circles, but this one doesn't seem overly "New Agey".

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Luca is nominated for a Fab Chart Music Award - Best Cover Song / When Christmas Comes To Town.

Voting runs until March 6 (12 noon GMT) --> https://www.fabchart.net/awards-2023.html
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, for those who were hoping he would cover "London Calling" by The Clash, you'll have to keep waiting. Nevertheless, it looks like he's doing some more with Dominic Ferris.

Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Well, at least one Liberan will be in concert in the UK this spring... :mrgreen:

GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

Celtic wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:07 pm">1 year ago</span> Well, at least one Liberan will be in concert in the UK this spring... :mrgreen:

Luca also mentioned that this will be recorded and available for download🙂.

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

An Afternoon with Luca
St Swithuns Church, East Grinstead
Saturday 27 May

339501666_596078805577877_5513072012550819597_n.jpg
339501666_596078805577877_5513072012550819597_n.jpg (105.99 KiB) Viewed 3103 times
339501666_596078805577877_5513072012550819597_n.jpg
339501666_596078805577877_5513072012550819597_n.jpg (105.99 KiB) Viewed 3103 times
justin

Post by justin »

A message from the organisers:

Luca will be performing in his first solo concert on 27th May 2023 to be held in East Grinstead, UK.

Please make this a brilliant first solo concert by attending if you can? Tickets are on sale at http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/lrb-music email: admin@lucabrugnoli.co.uk for a 10% discount code
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

The church hosting the event is a stones throw from the venue of his dance/song recital last September. East Grinstead is just over an hour by train from London and the venue is approximately a 15 minute walk from East Grinstead train station. Should you find the walk there exhausting and require refreshment half-way (probably just me, right?), it has a Wetherspoons for cheap victuals. :)

Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (322.88 KiB) Viewed 3078 times
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (322.88 KiB) Viewed 3078 times

It will be well worth going and I'm also excited to see that Alice Platten will be joining him as she was the best of the girls in the last YCOTY competition, in my opinion.

http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/lrb-music