Post by Celt »

From the SJSS 2021 programme.
► Show Spoiler
seraphita
Silver Member

Re: RIP Robert Prizeman

Post by seraphita »

Thanks for sharing.
Celt wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:01 pm">2 years ago</span> From the SJSS 2021 programme.
► Show Spoiler
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
LordG

Post by LordG »

Thanks for sharing these two pages of the program from the recent concert.
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed speculation about Robert's passing
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I believe he missed some concerts prior to the beginning of the pandemic, so maybe it wasn't Covid. I don't think we should press the issue. If he had wanted that information publicized, we'd probably already know. The Libera organization has been very good at protecting the privacy of its younger members, perhaps that privilege should be extended to its founder.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

So, apparently they are having some kind of memorial service for Robert Prizeman today. I'm guessing it's at the same time when they would have choral evensong. I wasn't expecting this to be such a low key, unpublicized event. I don't even see it mentioned on St. Philip's social media or website. I'm not upset about it, but I'm somewhat surprised.
Celt

Post by Celt »

I'm not at all surprised. If it was publicized in any way then Libera fans would definitely have showed up and it's clear from the way they have handled the death so far that they want it to remain a private thing for friends and family. He surely had a life outside of Libera and I can understand they wanted it as an event to reflect on his life as a whole, rather than have it turn into a Libera fest...

We can, as a fan group, be rather obsessive.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Celt wrote: <span title="Mon May 02, 2022 9:38 am">2 years ago</span> I'm not at all surprised. If it was publicized in any way then Libera fans would definitely have showed up and it's clear from the way they have handled the death so far that they want it to remain a private thing for friends and family. He surely had a life outside of Libera and I can understand they wanted it as an event to reflect on his life as a whole, rather than have it turn into a Libera fest...

We can, as a fan group, be rather obsessive.
We can be :D I was fortunate to attend and it was very much a 'normal' evensong - apart from the choir was around 60 former and current members of the St Philip's choir and they sang beautifully. The pieces were mainly Herbert Howells and the readings were done by some of the younger choristers. Some of Robert's family attended the service which must have been very moving for them to experience, like me, a little of the impact that Robert's musical talent and dedication had on so many lives. Farther Younis Francis returned to give the address which was dedicated to Robert and he told us that RP once did a radio programme about Herbert Howell who was RP's favourite composer and his Collegium Regale in Bb was the Mag and Nunc of the service.

The radio broadcast is available on Youtube:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, it's good to hear that it was such a moving service. I suppose when I saw the announcement about some memorial service many months ago, my imagination ran wild about what that might involve. Anyways, when I saw it mentioned that Robert loved the music of Herbert Howells, it made me think about how we all have our own particular musical tastes. Even though I'm a Libera fan and a fan of Robert's music, I've never been crazy about Howells. However, there are a couple pieces of Howells that I like, such as what he composed after the death of his son.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon May 02, 2022 4:23 pm">2 years ago</span> Well, it's good to hear that it was such a moving service. I suppose when I saw the announcement about some memorial service many months ago, my imagination ran wild about what that might involve. Anyways, when I saw it mentioned that Robert loved the music of Herbert Howells, it made me think about how we all have our own particular musical tastes. Even though I'm a Libera fan and a fan of Robert's music, I've never been crazy about Howells. However, there are a couple pieces of Howells that I like, such as what he composed after the death of his son.
I should correct myself by saying that while the "Hymnus Paradisi" was composed in memory of his son, his "Requiem" was actually written shortly before the death of his son. "Hymnus Paradisi" borrows some musical material from his "Requiem". Anyways, the "Requiem" is my favorite Howells composition, but it's somewhat of a departure from the usual choral music by Howells.
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

Recent Tweet from Libera Moose🙂..

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

IMG_1447-2000x1500.jpeg
IMG_1447-2000x1500.jpeg (579.49 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
IMG_1447-2000x1500.jpeg
IMG_1447-2000x1500.jpeg (579.49 KiB) Viewed 2686 times
https://libera.org.uk/news/celebrating- ... -prizeman/
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I hope that they will sing Libera at their Ely concert in two weeks. After Robert's memorial services have taken place very shortly before, that would be a wonderful sign that Robert remains alive in Libera and Libera will stay Libera.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat May 07, 2022 3:41 pm">2 years ago</span> I hope that they will sing Libera at their Ely concert in two weeks. After Robert's memorial services have taken place very shortly before, that would be a wonderful sign that Robert remains alive in Libera and Libera will stay Libera.
Well, it was sung at their service in memory of RP so there has to be a very good chance that it will be. My money is on it being the Encore.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun May 08, 2022 1:41 pm">2 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat May 07, 2022 3:41 pm">2 years ago</span> I hope that they will sing Libera at their Ely concert in two weeks. After Robert's memorial services have taken place very shortly before, that would be a wonderful sign that Robert remains alive in Libera and Libera will stay Libera.
Well, it was sung at their service in memory of RP so there has to be a very good chance that it will be. My money is on it being the Encore.
Why the encore? It has usually been featured as part of the setlist proper if I recall. The only song which they sing more often is probably "Sanctus".
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun May 08, 2022 6:05 pm">1 year ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun May 08, 2022 1:41 pm">2 years ago</span>

Why the encore? It has usually been featured as part of the setlist proper if I recall. The only song which they sing more often is probably "Sanctus".
I've heard it as the encore on a good few occasions - at least I think I have 🤔

Mercy & Love