RIP Robert Prizeman

What goes on in the World of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

GlennJalmas

RIP Robert Prizeman

Post by GlennJalmas »

It is with great sadness that Libera Official announced the death of their Musical Director and Founder Robert Prizeman😔.

https://libera.org.uk/news/robert-prizeman-rip/
Lux Aeterna

Robert Prizeman has passed away

Post by Lux Aeterna »

https://libera.org.uk/news/robert-prize ... mment-6489. Honestly, I'll just leave the link of the Libera website, because I don't know what to say. I'm shocked.
The heaven soars with voices above...
archizzly

Re: Robert Prizeman has passed away

Post by archizzly »

He was my hero. I am sad yet happy to know that he is now singing with the real Angel Voices.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Hard to believe this very sad news. Despite only having a very brief chat at a concert many years ago, something he would have done countless of times with other people, you feel like you've lost a special link...purely because of the way we've followed 'Libera' over the years. He's been the driving force behind creating songs and directing a boys choir in a unique and special way. May he rest in peace, and sincere condolences to his family.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
niels

Post by niels »

Rip Robert Prizeman.

I'm so gutted to read this :cry: he passed away to soon. Robert was a great person.

To all the family, friends, people from Libera, my condolences and best wishes to everyone.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

This feels so very sudden. We have been talking about Robert Prizeman's health here and there for a few years. Since he let Steven and Sam lead I guess... We have been reassuring each other, surely he is making sure Libera would be strong for later, surely he is isolating from covid but he is fine... I can't help but feel like it was here and I would not see it because I did not want to acknowledge that he was not so fine.
I found myself crying and not knowing what to say a few hours before now. It felt like I don't have legitimity to say anything. But I do. The work this wonderful man put in music and especially Libera might have saved my life in difficult times. It is not, maybe, a direct connexion to Robert P., but it is still a connexion and a very powerful one. Music is everything, and that is something I learned from him, somehow.
I hope the boys and wider Libera family will find peace and balance. I hope they knew and could prepare, surely they did. I know the music will be just as good. But yet not exactly the same.
RIP Robert Prizeman and thank you.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, this is quite sad, although I had a feeling that something wasn't right after his absence from the choir recently at the Bournemouth Oratory. I'm somewhat comforted to know that it wasn't a sudden death. I don't want to say anything about the future direction of the choir right now. I'm ready to be surprised by the future, hopefully in a positive way. I wonder if there are any compositions he penned before his death that are yet to be released? Anyways, I hope that all involved will be inspired to carry on Robert's legacy while making their own unique contributions to the world of music.
Last edited by bachmahlerfan on Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

I hope Libera could continue, I can't imagine my life without its music. I can undoubtedly say that these young voices are a life saver. Sadly part of Libera died with Robert, but I wish Steven and Sam will keep the group alive.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It's uncanny how appropriate the album is in light of Robert's passing. There are several tracks that deal with death in different ways, but having the album end with "Lux Aeterna" is an interesting coincidence. Most of the album was recorded during Summer of 2020, so I don't think they could have expected this to happen back then.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:45 pm">2 years ago</span> It's uncanny how appropriate the album is in light of Robert's passing. There are several tracks that deal with death in different ways, but having the album end with "Lux Aeterna" is an interesting coincidence. Most of the album was recorded during Summer of 2020, so I don't think they could have expected this to happen back then.
Remember a time long ago
who will tell the story of the lives we knew?
Long passed the dreams that we shared
will their story pass away, the words be lost?

Once an angel, such an angel, once an angel at our side, long ago

Remember the songs that we sang
will the memory of their music fade away?
No more the voices we knew
will their story pass away, the words be lost?

Once an angel, such an angel, once an angel at our side, long ago

Still an angel shall they evermore remain for evermore

Once an Angel sounds prophetic now. I wonder if is a coincidence. Many songs of this album are indeed death related as you said, like Beyond which I always tought it was dedicated to Steve Philipp.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

My first thought when I read about it was 'O no, not Robert. Please not.'. Hoped so much that Robert..that he still had time.
I am a Libera-fan for over 10 years now, his dead is such a loss! I think he taught 3 generations of boys to sing like perfectly.
The first of Roberts choir boys are fathers today, you know.

Sam and Steven were very good students of Robert, right. They could be a good choice to take over.
LordG

Post by LordG »

What devastating and sad news. :cry:

May Robert now lead a choir in heaven and continue his incomparable work there.
My condolences go out to the family, his friends and all who had the privilege of
being with him.
Hopefully his successful work will be continued by Steven and Sam.
May those who now take over the choir lead it to new heights.

It may be inappropriate at this hour of mourning to ask what caused Robert's death?
It might be coincidence that a lot of songs on the new album deal with death...
Is this an anticipated announcement of his death, especially as the videos were already
shot in 2020? Had Robert been terminally ill for so long?

Questions for which I do not expect an answer, but which arise when reading these lines.
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:43 pm">2 years ago</span> It felt like I don't have legitimity to say anything. But I do. The work this wonderful man put in music and especially Libera might have saved my life in difficult times. It is not, maybe, a direct connexion to Robert P., but it is still a connexion and a very powerful one. Music is everything, and that is something I learned from him, somehow.
I shed a tear or two when I saw the news. I think that is a measure of his life; that there are people all around the world that have enjoyed his work and will mourn his passing. To know that he gave such solace to people at difficult times in their lives through his music must have been a great comfort and joy to him.

He will be missed.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

Absolutely devestating news. My heartfelt condolences to Robert's family and friends. Thank you for everything, Robert :cry:
Last edited by theriverflowson on Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I'm in shock.

Either directly or through his music, this is a man who touched countless hearts and lives. While I am still fairly speechless about it, what brought the first tear to my eye was this image which was publicly posted by Luca's mother. I think everyone should see it.

RIP Robert.