New Album "If" (Oct 2021 release)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Lux Aeterna

Re: New Album "If" (Oct 2021 release)

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:23 am">2 years ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:07 pm">2 years ago</span> I am surprise nothing from Sam Coats considering he has helped remix some great songs for them in recent years.
Is it possible that some of the arrangements are by him even if iTunes is not acknowledging arrangers?
Well, we know that Sam was heavily involved in the making of the Christmas album, but he's not credited in any of the songs he arranged. So it's possible that itunes only credited Mr Prizeman for some reason.
Attachments
Screenshot (31).png
Screenshot (31).png (61.99 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
Screenshot (31).png
Screenshot (31).png (61.99 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
The heaven soars with voices above...
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:38 pm">2 years ago</span> Well, we know that Sam was heavily involved in the making of the Christmas album, but he's not credited in any of the songs he arranged. So it's possible that itunes only credited Mr Prizeman for some reason.
True! But this information was available in the CD booklet I believe. If not, we definitely gleaned it from somewhere else. Does anyone remember? I bought the digital album only and the metadata does not contain this information.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:06 am">2 years ago</span>
Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:38 pm">2 years ago</span> Well, we know that Sam was heavily involved in the making of the Christmas album, but he's not credited in any of the songs he arranged. So it's possible that itunes only credited Mr Prizeman for some reason.
True! But this information was available in the CD booklet I believe. If not, we definitely gleaned it from somewhere else. Does anyone remember? I bought the digital album only and the metadata does not contain this information.
The arranger is always credited in the concert programs.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:18 am">2 years ago</span>
If I remember correctly, the arranger is listed in their album booklets and concert programmes, as long as it's someone other than Robert who arranged the song.

As for just listing "Robert Prizeman & Libera" on platforms like iTunes, this is IMO the lowest possible degree of information required, that is: only the most general information to know where to assign the music to or how to find it.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Libera has now announced the album on their website with teasers of various lengths to listen to (30 - 50s, the length on iTunes is 90s) and not necessarily starting at the beginning, so indeed: teasers. And with links for the purchase and the lyrics to each song. :D :D

And now If is my earworm again.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:18 am">2 years ago</span>
Thank you. :D
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Yes, you can find this information in the CD booklet.
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

A recent tweet from Libera Official..
I'm not quite sure if this is related towards the new album or something big.

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:38 pm">2 years ago</span> Yes, you can find this information in the CD booklet.
Good to know! :D

In other developments, we have some big news on the way as per Libera's Twitter and Instagram feeds.

An official album announcement at long last?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 pm">2 years ago</span> A recent tweet from Libera Official..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Our posts intersected! :P
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:05 pm">2 years ago</span>
GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 pm">2 years ago</span> A recent tweet from Libera Official..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Our posts intersected! :P

Such coincidence that is😄.

Anyhow,I wonder what's the big news🤔.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

There is a second picture on Instagram - somehow reminds me of the set of "if" (picture from the digital SJSS programme), what do you think?

Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:32 pm">2 years ago</span> There is a second picture on Instagram - somehow reminds me of the set of "if" (picture from the digital SJSS programme), what do you think?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the "if" video will be released soon.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:46 pm">2 years ago</span>
theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:32 pm">2 years ago</span> There is a second picture on Instagram - somehow reminds me of the set of "if" (picture from the digital SJSS programme), what do you think?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the "if" video will be released soon.
Well the newspaper is from 1924 - and too early for an association with "If" and Anne Frank - but I suspect a little historical licence has been allowed.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

That’s interesting that Libera have released different parts of the songs that Itunes so we have nearly 2 mins of tracks now. The album is gonna be amazing I think.

Nunc definitely sounds like Tadgh to me now. I can’t place that second voice.