New Album "If" (Oct 2021 release)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: New Album "If" (Oct 2021 release)

Post by TullyBascombe »

Where on iTunes are these song samples? I searched "Libera" and "If" but could not find them.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:34 am">2 years ago</span> Where on iTunes are these song samples? I searched "Libera" and "If" but could not find them.
Well, once you're in the "Store", type "libera" in the search box. In the results, the top row will show Libera albums, but you need to click on the "see all" button to find the album. I found the album on the sixth row, so you might have to scroll down some.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I am so surprised we get to listen to very long samples, nearly 3 months before the release :o It is both awesome and AWEFUL because I can't wait to hear more now :lol: And I wish we knew the soloists for sure, because I like to know when I listen... Thank you for your attempts to guess, I am very bad at this guessing game so I won't try :lol:

I feel like it is bound to be one of the most powerful albums Libera ever made. It has strong "Luminosa" energy in my opinion. I am just a bit unsure how well all the pieces fit together. I am super happy to hear the new songs from last December (Let Me make songs and Sing for our World) recorded... but how does it fit with Cum Dederit, Lux Aeterna, Vespera... ? these sound very mystic. But I like all :D

I liked Once an Angel as soon as I heard the piano intro. For this one I agree that the soloist is probably Victor, but I can't be 100% affirmative... I like the song already.

If's soloist is Daniel, no surprise. His solo is steadier on the record, smoother. Well done !

I feel proud I got it right for Cum Dederit, I told you the Vivaldi's piece with voices replacing instruments would be great :lol: Might be Dominik doing the solo... I am not sure but it would make sense, I would be surprised if it is not, but I like surprises !

I really like the record for Sing for our World, it sounds very clear, even better than on stage, you can hear all the parts. It is going to be amazing !

Again I am no good to guess the soloists but I agree that the picture with Luca and the other boys around might have been taken when they recorded Nearer my God to Thee, it is likely that Luca is singing the main part and it is a small group of soloists. It just makes sense.

I got a tear in my eye because of Vespera. It sounds so pure and we have been waiting for this new record for a long time... No idea about the soloist, I am not convinced it is necessarily Luca... maybe young Daniel C ? But YES PLEASE give me the song.

O Lord Support Us sounds to me like the song you need to listen again and again and it will grow on you. And it will be a comforting one in the end.

I like this Sacris Solemnis ! I wonder if the soloist might be Freddie or Laurence T ? I hope the instrumentation will be as powerful as the "digital" one, with the crescendo. Also we will get to hear lower voices I suppose, but they do not appear from the beginning. Can't wait !

On Deep Peace I feel like it is Dominik as suggested.

I suspect Nunc Dimittis is sang by TWO soloists :o The Angel Voices' version wasn't, am I right ? I agree one of them sounds like Tadhg ? If they recorded back when Tadhg's voice had not broken, the other voice could be Oliver W-R... (then again someone might answer "there is only one voice, you are so bad at this game Padmachou, get over it")

Lux Aeterna sounds so good :o I hope to hear this one as an intro to the concerts or to the second part. It would be mysterious and impressive ! I agree it sounds like Oliver W-R.

That all being said, I am surprised we mostly suspect "old" known soloists. We might be surprised, right ? I hope to be. A little.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Here's the link to the iTunes samples:

https://music.apple.com/hk/album/if/1577393910?l=en

Thanks to @justin_travelog for providing it on Twitter! Presumably other selling platforms will follow soon.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

Indeed very, very beautiful.
The Libera Angels live up to their name.

Thanks for the link.

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:20 pm">2 years ago</span> Here's the link to the iTunes samples:

https://music.apple.com/hk/album/if/1577393910?l=en

Thanks to @justin_travelog for providing it on Twitter! Presumably other selling platforms will follow soon.
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:13 pm">2 years ago</span> I am so surprised we get to listen to very long samples, nearly 3 months before the release :o It is both awesome and AWEFUL because I can't wait to hear more now :lol: And I wish we knew the soloists for sure, because I like to know when I listen... Thank you for your attempts to guess, I am very bad at this guessing game so I won't try :lol:
We appreciate your guesses all the same. Loved reading them and all the others! :D
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:13 pm">2 years ago</span> I suspect Nunc Dimittis is sang by TWO soloists :o The Angel Voices' version wasn't, am I right ? I agree one of them sounds like Tadhg ? If they recorded back when Tadhg's voice had not broken, the other voice could be Oliver W-R... (then again someone might answer "there is only one voice, you are so bad at this game Padmachou, get over it")
:lol: You're right! The AV2 album had a single soloist and we can clearly hear two soloists on this one. :D I haven't the foggiest idea who they might be though.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

This will be an absolutely excellent album! As for me, they could just take it 1:1 and perform it as a concert. I'm not going to write reviews about snippets, as it doesn't make sense, but I have reason to believe that my favourites will be, in the order they appear on CD:

Once an Angel
If
O Lord Support Us

Before you beat me, please bear in mind, only the very top three favourites. :lol:

I'm even looking forward to Nearer My God to Thee at last, because so far I never found the tune itself very inspiring, but this recording could win me over. The duet part had me already melt.

The Cum dederit snippet brings Three Ravens to my mind. :mrgreen:

There's a weird tiny change at Vespera in the intro with a semitone instead of a whole step bringing in more mystery.

Not so sure about Sing. Could be that I prefer the live version, but let's wait for the entire song.

As for the soloists, they have an amazing staff of capable soloists again! Every solo snippet, as short as it may be, has convinced me! But guessing, oh no, I'm so bad at this. Sometimes I think: It must be x, then a few notes further: no, this sounds like y. :oops: Sometimes a boy just comes to my mind, when I listen. Freddie should hopefully have a solo, but I have different guesses where that could be. Luca might do both vocalises and lead solo on Vespera. O Lord, Support Us made me think of Dominik. And so it does in the second solo of Nunc dimittis, while the first soloist in this song, who sounds quite mature, reminds me of Laurence Taylor. Very lovely voice.

And Alexandre? There was that photo on Amazon with Victor, Luca, Alexandre and Dominik. Only Luca wore headphones, but this could mean all and nothing. Were they together for Nearer My God?

Very much looking forward to the album! That definitely promises to be a wonderful collection of songs and you can tell that it has been recorded with plenty of love and care.

And now I think I will not listen to the snippets much more, as the abstinence will increase my excitement. :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:03 am">2 years ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:34 am">2 years ago</span> Where on iTunes are these song samples? I searched "Libera" and "If" but could not find them.
Well, once you're in the "Store", type "libera" in the search box. In the results, the top row will show Libera albums, but you need to click on the "see all" button to find the album. I found the album on the sixth row, so you might have to scroll down some.
Got it. I didn't see the scroll bar, it was off screen.

Does anyone know the origin of "Once an Angel"? is it a completely new work by Mr. Priseman?

I wonder if the photos on Amazon were old, not necessarily taken in conjunction with this album? In some of the photos there are members who we haven't seen since the December 2019 concert.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:29 am">2 years ago</span>
Does anyone know the origin of "Once an Angel"? is it a completely new work by Mr. Priseman?
We have seen the back CD cover and quite a few of the songs have a credit where they are not original RP compositions and this one doesn't (but neither does "Let Me Make Songs" so that isn't a 100% indicator). I don't think anybody found an example of it anywhere else (it's clearly not the Neil Young song) so I think we make the assumption that it is a new original from RP or one of the other Libera Team geniuses.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I think this information from iTunes may be of assistance.
Attachments
songs.png
songs.png (48.71 KiB) Viewed 2369 times
songs.png
songs.png (48.71 KiB) Viewed 2369 times
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Very good, there's a proper list of the composers! Thank you for posting this, Surpinto! :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

IMG-20210416-WA0000 570.jpg
IMG-20210416-WA0000 570.jpg (105.85 KiB) Viewed 2275 times
IMG-20210416-WA0000 570.jpg
IMG-20210416-WA0000 570.jpg (105.85 KiB) Viewed 2275 times

The sheet music posted in April on Twitter is O Lord, Support Us.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:23 pm">2 years ago</span> I think this information from iTunes may be of assistance.

I am surprise nothing from Sam Coats considering he has helped remix some great songs for them in recent years.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

If "Once an Angel" is an original then I wonder what the story behind it is? The opening lines wonder if the story will be lost in time and them declares "once an angel, such an angel". I wonder who the angel is/was?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:07 pm">2 years ago</span> I am surprise nothing from Sam Coats considering he has helped remix some great songs for them in recent years.
Is it possible that some of the arrangements are by him even if iTunes is not acknowledging arrangers?