Concert St John’s Smith Square (2021)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Concert St John’s Smith Square (2021)

Post by Surpinto »

Libera has announced a concert on 5th December 2021 at St John’s Smith Square in London. Let's hope this happens for them! :D
Many of our supporters will know that we are scheduled to tour in Japan in the Autumn. Unfortunately, due to the current uncertain international travel situation, the difficult decision has been made to cancel the tour. We hope things return to normal soon so that we can be back in Japan in 2022.

Anyone who has already purchased concert tickets should visit https://libera-records.com to find out how to claim a refund.

In other news we are planning a concert in St John’s Smith Square in London, on 5th December 2021. We will publish more details in due course.
https://libera.org.uk/news/japan-tour-2021/
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Concert St John’s Smith Square (2021)

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks Surpinto, this is a very good news.

As there are more than 7 months left and with the vaccines spreading better and better now, the hopes of being able to attend the performance are quite good :)
LordG

Post by LordG »

Good news :D
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Good news. I am hopeful that they will be letting Americans in the UK by then.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well, at last a bit of good news. Let's hope that the vaccine roll-out keeps to plan and that it keeps working against new variants. It will be good to catch up with you all at a concert.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

I'm so happy for Libera (and for us!) to have this new prospect and I'm optimistic this will become reality (in one way or another). Fantastic news!!
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Can't wait! It has been too long. :D :D :D
"You are not alone"
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Any idea when tickets will go on sale?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:06 am">2 years ago</span> Any idea when tickets will go on sale?
October if the last few years (before COVID) are any indication.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

I've sent a request to the SJSS administration +/- a week ago, but sadly no response as yet. It might have been too early to ask for details with regard to Surpinto's presumption. I will let you know if I hear back from them!
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Here is the reply from the General Manager:

"I don't have an official on sale date as yet but envisage it would be in the next month or two. If you are a follower/subscriber of Libera then I am sure they will send out a communication to subscribers to let them know when the tickets go on sale."
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thanks. His noncommittal use of the word "envisage" plus his request to seek information from Libera, leads me to assume that Libera has a large role in determining when tickets go on sale. September or October would seem the most likely based on the past, but maybe earlier is possible. All the same the venue appears not to have full control of this situation.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Be interesting to see which boys are still with Libera by Christmas.

Since their Christmas 2020 concert, at least 5 of the boys looked as if their voices would soon change. Then the older ones, Peter Kielty, Taichi Shinikubo, and Nathaniel Bates-Fisher may have left by now, as we’d already lost Alex Gula and Leo Barron last year, and fair a few others from 2019.

I was hoping for another summer online concert but…not to be. :cry:

COVID-19 may well have meant some boys cut short their time with Libera, and if true that’s such a shame.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:06 pm">2 years ago</span> Be interesting to see which boys are still with Libera by Christmas.

Since their Christmas 2020 concert, at least 5 of the boys looked as if their voices would soon change. Then the older ones, Peter Kielty, Taichi Shinikubo, and Nathaniel Bates-Fisher may have left by now, as we’d already lost Alex Gula and Leo Barron last year, and fair a few others from 2019.

I was hoping for another summer online concert but…not to be. :cry:

COVID-19 may well have meant some boys cut short their time with Libera, and if true that’s such a shame.
But at the same time you may have the opportunity to see and hear some new boys, new songs, and new soloists. This is the nature of a children's choir: constant turnover. Hopefully the concert will be broadcast; but the covid situation is fluid so only time will tell.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I have very few hopes that I will be able to travel in December, because there will surely be strict rules to travel, and a quarantine and I can't afford it... So I have strong hopes for the broadcast :D And yes, I sure hope to hear and see new boys ! And the older ones too. I am pretty sure most of them did not leave the choir, they have been busy with the 2020 December's concert, they May online concert, the album... And these boys love music so much ! We can trust them to pursue :D