Concert St John’s Smith Square (2021)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Luckdragon
Gold Member

Re: Concert St John’s Smith Square (2021)

Post by Luckdragon »

john45 wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:25 pm">2 years ago</span>
AL5678 wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:53 pm">2 years ago</span>
Anybody know when the streaming of the show ST John's show..
From an official source "it should be ready midweek on the SJSS site".
Is it midweek yet?
Acrobat1968

Post by Acrobat1968 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:14 pm">2 years ago</span>
john45 wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:25 pm">2 years ago</span>
AL5678 wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:53 pm">2 years ago</span>
Anybody know when the streaming of the show ST John's show..
From an official source "it should be ready midweek on the SJSS site".
Is it midweek yet?
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

The last I saw was this reply as of 7th December on their website to someone who asked that question there: "Hopefully later this week. We will announce when it is live."

Later this week is a little bit after midweek, I'd say, so more or less ... now to Sunday. :? :?: :roll:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:52 am">2 years ago</span>
Later this week is a little bit after midweek, I'd say, so more or less ... now to Sunday. :? :?: :roll:
Well, Libera does love to premiere their videos on Sundays... but in this case, it's probably up to SJSS as to when they're able to add it to their website and set up the payment process.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Oh sorry, I dropped something; I meant that later this week can mean "from now (today) on until Sunday". :wink: Last year the streaming premiere was on Wednesday, 9th December, after the live concerts on the 6th.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Any update on the streaming?

It’s all very quiet it seems which is a worry.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

dani wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:10 pm">2 years ago</span> Any update on the streaming?

It’s all very quiet it seems which is a worry.
Agreed. At the very least, they and SJSS should be using this extra time to build some hype. Yet there's nothing.

The Twitter accounts have been silent since December 5. Facebook since November 28. Instagram since October 15.

All we have is the obscure comment from December 7, "Hopefully later this week. We will announce when it is live."

As a result, fan interest seems low. I couldn't find anybody in the top Facebook fan groups who were even asking about it. Even here among the hardcore fans, the anticipation level seems very low.

There are now less than 12 days until Christmas. Santa ain't gonna wait for them.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Er, you are a bit harsh on them. The covid situation can't be easy to handle, either for Libera and SJSS. They must have had a lot of people asking for refunds or vouchers, and not just for Libera's concert but all the activities in SJSS. And the rules about travelling and/or the conditions to welcome the audiences change pretty much every day. I mean, obviously they need a bit more time than we would have expected and we are looking forward and I get that you and especially the fans who did not attend the concert can't wait. And yes, in terms of communication and marketing, they could be teasing more. But if they are short in staff and time, they won't have time to tease either. :? And I can't see Libera tease much without knowing when the video will be released. Also remember Libera lost they director recently and they still have to be active at church for the service especilly with the Advent. They surely are busy too...

I'm sure we will hear from them very soon, any day now :D Be aware, the concert was super good so you are not waiting for nothing. :wink:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:03 pm">2 years ago</span> As a result, fan interest seems low. I couldn't find anybody in the top Facebook fan groups who were even asking about it. Even here among the hardcore fans, the anticipation level seems very low.

There are now less than 12 days until Christmas. Santa ain't gonna wait for them.
I would not misinterpret silence as low interest by the fans, only because we don't keep discussing it on social media. Maybe we are just waiting patiently and maybe this is just the right thing to do at the moment. The Libera staff with all certainty is aware of our longing and anticipation and ... our worries, too. There will be a reason for not having released the stream until now.

Let us not pressure them, because this won't accelerate it. They will sure release it as soon as they can.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:27 pm">2 years ago</span> Er, you are a bit harsh on them. The covid situation can't be easy to handle, either for Libera and SJSS.
I didn't mean to sound harsh, but sometimes a little bit of tough love is called for.

The COVID restrictions last year were far, far worse. Remember the sparse seating and the kids not being able to move on stage? Yet they still managed to get the stream up in just a few days.

Delays happen. Just communicate! I was hoping that the post-RP era might bring about a little more social media savvy, and maybe it will, but it's the same people running the day-to-day operations so maybe it won't. We shall see.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:35 pm">2 years ago</span>
Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:03 pm">2 years ago</span> As a result, fan interest seems low. I couldn't find anybody in the top Facebook fan groups who were even asking about it. Even here among the hardcore fans, the anticipation level seems very low.

I would not misinterpret silence as low interest by the fans, only because we don't keep discussing it on social media. Maybe we are just waiting patiently and maybe this is just the right thing to do at the moment. The Libera staff with all certainty is aware of our longing and anticipation and ... our worries, too. There will be a reason for not having released the stream until now.

Let us not pressure them, because this won't accelerate it. They will sure release it as soon as they can.
Exactly. We just need to be patient, maybe they are having some technical difficulties or other problems. Last year for example the streaming service was not available for a couple of hours, so I wrote a comment on the announcement on the Libera website and Andy was so kind to send me an email where he explained me that the SJSS site had some difficulties and they were resolving. It happens :D
The heaven soars with voices above...
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Actually the restrictions last year being far worse, I believe there was less activity. The point is, due to the restriction, there was litteraly no activity. This year they have to deal with a lot more. But sure I get you don't want to sound harsh or pressuring :) It sure is the proof you are a hardcore fan and you are excited about the streaming :lol: They are bound to be happy that worldwide fans are still very much interested in Libera.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I think most of us are reluctant to speculate about what's going on. I've been checking every day to see if the concert is available, despite not saying anything on the forum. I suppose the worst-case scenario would be that some video or audio was lost due to technical malfunction. However, I would hope that with today's technology, the chances of that happening are pretty slim.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:51 pm">2 years ago</span>
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:27 pm">2 years ago</span> Er, you are a bit harsh on them. The covid situation can't be easy to handle, either for Libera and SJSS.
I didn't mean to sound harsh, but sometimes a little bit of tough love is called for.

The COVID restrictions last year were far, far worse. Remember the sparse seating and the kids not being able to move on stage? Yet they still managed to get the stream up in just a few days.

Delays happen. Just communicate! I was hoping that the post-RP era might bring about a little more social media savvy, and maybe it will, but it's the same people running the day-to-day operations so maybe it won't. We shall see.

Yes it’s about lack of communication and it would help to put out a message with a update.

Literally would take minutes to stick something up on twitter and Instagram with a update on what’s happening with it. I don’t mind waiting at all and I don’t think anybody is being critical it’s just asking for clarity.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:36 pm">2 years ago</span> I think most of us are reluctant to speculate about what's going on. I've been checking every day to see if the concert is available, despite not saying anything on the forum. I suppose the worst-case scenario would be that some video or audio was lost due to technical malfunction. However, I would hope that with today's technology, the chances of that happening are pretty slim.
The worst case scenario would be that they didn't record the first concert at all, with the understandable belief that the second one would be better and more polished (as it was last year).

We're probably all thinking about various disturbing scenarios and it would really help to put our minds at ease if they could give us an update, even if it's bad news. At least we'd stop worrying ourselves with our own imaginations.