Florida fans

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Cainmac

Florida fans

Post by Cainmac »

Hello. Glad to chime in after following you folks for so many years.

Like so many, I discovered Libera on You Tube around 2009. The angelic music has brought me peace every year since. Our first concert was at a Methodist Church in Atlanta. My best guess is 2010. Since, we have seen Libera in a concert hall (again in Atlanta) and churches in Houston and Dallas. Most recently, we were able to enjoy the 2029 US your concert at the Cathedral Basilica in St Louis.

Of course, 2020 has been a challenge to say the least. The June “mash up” was an oasis in the desert. We are so looking forward to the SJSS streaming event.

Our prayers are will the boys and especially with RP that all will stay healthy and safe during this time.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Florida fans

Post by filiarheni »

Hello Cainmac, welcome to the Forum! Very nice to see you here after being a fan for much longer than I am (2016).
Cainmac wrote: <span title="Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:30 am">3 years ago</span> The June “mash up” was an oasis in the desert.
Absolutely. Probably, we all feel the same way.

Thank you for your introduction post. So, what are your love/like/less like (not to say dislike :lol: ) Libera songs? I guess you have the full collection of their albums?
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Cainmac

Post by Cainmac »

Thank you.

My wife’s favorite is the lengthy Miserare.

Mine are Spirit of Life and Eternal Light, which seem to be variations of the same tune.

We really like anything Libera creates and can listen for hours.

Robert Prizeman is gifted at making harmony with a different group of singers every year. I think he should be recognized as Sir Robert Prizeman. As of yet, the Queen has not accepted my call. 😂
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hello Cainmac and welcome to the forum - I have family in Florida :D

I think you will find that 2009 was a very good year to discover Libera - some of the very best fans found them and attended their first concerts that year 8) I have yet to make a US tour but it seems you haven't done too badly - what was your favourite concert and song? Looking back through our tour threads I think you attended your first concert on Tuesday 10th August at Peachtree Presbyterian Church, Atlanta :lol:

I guess I need to give you my 'traditional' British welcome to the forum:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Cainmac

Post by Cainmac »

Thank you for the traditional welcome. Not sure why, but I feel like I’ve got to pick a pocket or two.

Yes, the first concert was at Peachtree Presbyterian. It was mid-week, so we drove up for the concert and back the next day.

I think that the the Basilica in St Louis on the 2019 tour was our favorite. The combination of a beautiful concert in a beautiful space was breathtaking. It’s hard to pick a favorite song. Joyful Joyful is always on the list. But, I think Always with You was our favorite of the night. I had to look back in the forum to refresh my memory.

We’ve yet to see a concert in the UK, but it’s something that we’d love to do...if we can ever get on a plane again. We have been blessed with wonderful tours in the past few years, thanks to the help of Libera US. We look forward to the next one.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Welcome Cainmac! Thanks for posting this introduction. I do hope that Libera will again tour the US at some point and we will all be able to meet up in person! :D
Cainmac

Post by Cainmac »

Sorry it took me so long to write back. We may have already met while waiting to get in to a concert. I’ve also had enjoyed concerts at the Atlanta performance hall, Houston, Dallas, and most recently the Basilica at St Louis on the most recent 2019 US Tour I believe the previous concerts were consecutive years, but I won’t swear to it or even try to remember the Texas churches.

Hoping against hope that Libera will be able to return this summer. Realistically, children’s vaccines are lagging behind adults, so I’m not sure parents will be comfortable with allowing their children to go overseas until 2022.