Major update this weekend.

Moderator: Moderators

paul
Site Admin

Major update this weekend.

Post by paul »

Hi all,

I have been furloughed this week, which has given me the opportunity to do some extensive testing of the long overdue update.

I am now confident that the update can go ahead with minimal disruption to Libera Dreams. I plan to perform the update this Saturday at 12 pm GMT. Libera Dreams will be taken offline for several hours.

There will be changes to the style, look and even small changes to the way you interact with Libera Dreams, but there will be many more great features to come in the future. Steve has already made suggestions that we can discuss once the the upgrade is fully complete.

I'm expecting minor bugs and missing features initially, but with your help testing and reporting any issues, and now our admin team is more than one, (thanks to Steve), we should be able to address any issues quite swiftly.

Thanks for your patience.

Paul.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
swalker2001
Site Admin

Re: Major update this weekend.

Post by swalker2001 »

Paul--

Sorry about the furlough 😥

I will be around if there is anything you need. I'm also pretty good with graphics if you need anything...

I was going to ask, did you get any email notifications when we were all trying to find you last week? I noticed that I'm not getting email notifications on things like private messages (it's set up in my profile), but I did a test email from the board and I got that. Haven't had a chance to dive into it further and I won't bother right now since the upgrade is imminent.

Steve
====
"If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing."
--JM Barrie, Peter Pan
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

swalker2001 wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:58 am">3 years ago</span> Paul--

Sorry about the furlough 😥

I will be around if there is anything you need. I'm also pretty good with graphics if you need anything...

I was going to ask, did you get any email notifications when we were all trying to find you last week? I noticed that I'm not getting email notifications on things like private messages (it's set up in my profile), but I did a test email from the board and I got that. Haven't had a chance to dive into it further and I won't bother right now since the upgrade is imminent.

Steve
No need to be sorry about the furlough, its a blessing. With the workload I've had, its been a much needed rest, and given me a chance to catch up here. After this week, I'm back to work, busier than ever, so your assistance in addressing any issues, and a little tidying would would be a big help.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

Thank you so much for doing this work for us! Looking forward to the new "freshening up," so to speak, and any new features!

Hope you all are doing well.