St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2020 (Dec 6)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

crunchiejeff

Re: St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2020 (Dec 6)

Post by crunchiejeff »

Just hope the vaccine works and distribution goes well and we will soon be able to see them on stage once again

It's been over 7 years since their last and only visit to Taiwan, missing the vibe and harmony they made on the stage :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

crunchiejeff wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:58 am">3 years ago</span> Just hope the vaccine works and distribution goes well and we will soon be able to see them on stage once again

It's been over 7 years since their last and only visit to Taiwan, missing the vibe and harmony they made on the stage :D
Welcome to Libera Dreams! I gather you are from Taiwan then? Good to have even more people here from all around the world who support this choir. Would be even better if you decided to introduce yourself over on the new member sub-forum :wink: as we love hearing how others discovered Libera and what their favorite songs are. :D
crunchiejeff

Post by crunchiejeff »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:44 am">3 years ago</span>
crunchiejeff wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:58 am">3 years ago</span> Just hope the vaccine works and distribution goes well and we will soon be able to see them on stage once again

Welcome to Libera Dreams! I gather you are from Taiwan then? Good to have even more people here from all around the world who support this choir. Would be even better if you decided to introduce yourself over on the new member sub-forum :wink: as we love hearing how others discovered Libera and what their favorite songs are. :D
Sure, will do!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:45 pm">3 years ago</span> Libera has just tweeted: "Our final clip from our concert at St John's Smith Square is live... https://buff.ly/2ZKpPJC."
So - that's finished.
:o Well, evidently language is constantly subject to change. I always thought that final means final. :lol: Here is Deep Peace, published yesterday.
So as the last videos were released in a more or less fortnightly rhythm, may we expect Total Praise for the weekend of 20th March?

And here are their concert photos:
https://libera.org.uk/gallery/st-johns- ... uare-2020/
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Nice to see the photos! :D

:lol: Moose with hand sanitizer!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:03 pm">3 years ago</span> Nice to see the photos! :D
How nice to see these and be reminded of that special night in December!
For some reason I like the black and white photos in particular.
And Victor always has a smile ready, even in such trying circumstances. Wonderful :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:04 pm">3 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:03 pm">3 years ago</span> Nice to see the photos! :D
How nice to see these and be reminded of that special night in December!
For some reason I like the black and white photos in particular.
And Victor always has a smile ready, even in such trying circumstances. Wonderful :)
I truly agree,no doubt Victor was the one chosen for Smile😄.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:14 am">3 years ago</span> So as the last videos were released in a more or less fortnightly rhythm, may we expect Total Praise for the weekend of 20th March?
Total Praise, just released:
https://youtu.be/7bab_yvcTx8

Well, it wasn't a challenge to foresee it, was it? Libera is reliable. 8) :wink: The far more interesting question is: Now that all of the "old" songs are done, will Libera continue in that same rhythm with the three new ones? Or are they stopping now in order to wait for the time around the album release?
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:44 am">3 years ago</span>
Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:34 am">3 years ago</span> When you look at the video of In The Bleak Midwinter (link below) I think it is Joseph Cranitch at 1:32 to the left of the screen (with Daniel White on your right) but I am not sure.

I believe that's Alexandre.

Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:34 am">3 years ago</span> I have not watched the concert.

:shock: WHAT?! :lol: You must watch the concert immediately and write a full review!
Egorbea2018 wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:34 am">3 years ago</span> Dominic Clarke is AWESOME in this video. His voice is so smooth, controlled, and beautiful. I hope they let him continue to do solos when he gets alto or tenor voice

He is really good.
I think Dominik has been the stand out soloist from this generation. And coming up after him is Luca.

When you watch this concert it’s so noticeable how much of a growth spurt Laurence T, Oliver W-R and Alex Menuet had had even from the 2020 summer online concert. It’s likely all three will be singing tenor/baritone at the 2021 Christmas concert, if they’re still in the group.