Apart but Together - Libera Mini Concert (6 June 2020)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Libera Mini Concert

Post by Surpinto »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat May 30, 2020 1:50 pm">3 years ago</span> Ahahah :lol:

I've been thinking yesterday that, apart from the concert experience that cannot be the same as a live concert (but I am still glad we can enjoy it that way !), I will indeed miss seeing you all, making new friendships, buying the signed program, travelling, enjoying the beauty of the cathedral, ...

But as I understand there will be a tchat so we will talk a lot about the songs as usual. I just want to draw everyone's attention on the fact that probably the kids will be able to read everything so we want to not be invasive and very positive about their performance !
Good point! I'm not sure if I'll join the live chat. I feel as though it would distract from watching; but maybe I'll give it a whirl.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat May 30, 2020 4:20 pm">3 years ago</span>
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat May 30, 2020 1:50 pm">3 years ago</span> Ahahah :lol:

I've been thinking yesterday that, apart from the concert experience that cannot be the same as a live concert (but I am still glad we can enjoy it that way !), I will indeed miss seeing you all, making new friendships, buying the signed program, travelling, enjoying the beauty of the cathedral, ...

But as I understand there will be a tchat so we will talk a lot about the songs as usual. I just want to draw everyone's attention on the fact that probably the kids will be able to read everything so we want to not be invasive and very positive about their performance !
Good point! I'm not sure if I'll join the live chat. I feel as though it would distract from watching; but maybe I'll give it a whirl.

Well the video will stay on YouTube so I’m sure if you feel like you missed anything you can watch it again and again & again :mrgreen:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I was wondering if anyone fancied a particular virtual pub for a post-concert pint. With a little research I located The Red (On)Lion, but I haven't actually been in.
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat May 30, 2020 4:40 pm">3 years ago</span> Well the video will stay on YouTube so I’m sure if you feel like you missed anything you can watch it again and again & again :mrgreen:
Oh, so the mini concert video will be saved and I can always watch it at a timing more suitable for me? 'Cos the original timing is like 230am in the morning for me :/
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat May 30, 2020 4:40 pm">3 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat May 30, 2020 4:20 pm">3 years ago</span>

Well the video will stay on YouTube so I’m sure if you feel like you missed anything you can watch it again and again & again :mrgreen:
Yes, the video and the recording of the live chat will remain. Padmachou's remark about keeping the comments approperiate and decent remains the more valid.

Thank you Padmachou for pointing this out. We mustn't forget the boys and their families will likely see the chat.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

"Note: Live streams that are trimmed in the video editor will not have Chat replay." (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2524549?hl=en)

What does that mean?

Anyway, this has nothing to do with of course not making unpleasant remarks, but this is understood in advance, no? Apart from that: Will we have any reason at all for negative remarks? No. :D :lol: Well - this concert type is a "premiere" for every single one of us, actors and audience, and I guess that we'd all like to savour the music without (too much) distraction.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun May 31, 2020 10:22 am">3 years ago</span> "Note: Live streams that are trimmed in the video editor will not have Chat replay." (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2524549?hl=en)

What does that mean?
Well, I think it means exactly what it says. If the poster of the original live stream decides to edit the video afterwards in the video editor (i.e. trim), this operation will remove the life chat from the resulting video.

This isn't relevant to the upcoming Libera concert, as the video is pre-recorded, edited, perfectly finished and ready for upload (if not uploaded already 8) ). Note, the above answer refers to Live streams only, which (apparently) can be edited (like trimmed) afterwards.

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun May 31, 2020 10:22 am">3 years ago</span> Anyway, this has nothing to do with of course not making unpleasant remarks, but this is understood in advance, no? Apart from that: Will we have any reason at all for negative remarks? No. :D :lol: Well - this concert type is a "premiere" for every single one of us, actors and audience, and I guess that we'd all like to savour the music without (too much) distraction.
Exactly. And yes, I will be rather enjoying the performance and probably won't join the live chat to avoid distraction and fully savour the premiere. Well, normally we don't chat during a concert, do we?
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

"Live chat basics

Live chat is turned on by default and shows up to the right of your live stream’s video player. After your live stream ends, it’ll be archived and viewers can replay the video along with the live chat. Live chat only shows up on YouTube watch pages -- not on embedded players.

Note: Live chat is not available if your channel or live stream’s audience is set as made for kids."

Would not surprise me if the stream is set"for kids" which would avoid the risk of inappropriate comments. I'm sure most Libera fans would behave appropriately and with sensitivity but sadly there are trolls and idiots everywhere.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat May 30, 2020 4:40 pm">3 years ago</span> Well the video will stay on YouTube so I’m sure if you feel like you missed anything you can watch it again and again & again :mrgreen:
Who says I intend to do otherwise? :lol: :wink:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

If you are not familiar with Youtube premiere (and awake at the moment :wink: ), here is an example by Trinity College Choir, playing right now. If you go to the beginning, you see the countdown. The live chat is on the right side.

"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Also, for anyone who is distracted by the live chat, on the top of the live chat screen is a list of options, one of which is the option to open the chat in a new screen. When you choose that option, the original live chat screen next to the video goes blank as a new screen opens in your browser with just the chat. That way, you can just focus on the video.
Or just go full-screen with the video.. yeah, that might actually be the best option anyway ;) Although I will probably also like to comment every now and then in the live chat. We'll see how it goes. It's pretty exciting to have this new experience waiting for us!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Libera published the concert poster today! Isn't it just great!

Btw, I wonder, if there is a poster, will there be a concert programme for download as well?

https://twitter.com/officiallibera/sta ... 44448?s=19
IMG_20200605_174536.jpg
IMG_20200605_174536.jpg (237.14 KiB) Viewed 4456 times
IMG_20200605_174536.jpg
IMG_20200605_174536.jpg (237.14 KiB) Viewed 4456 times
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Is that a new boy on the left?

Also what songs do we think we will hear ?

I am thinking

Joyful joyful
Sanctus
Pie Jesu
Angel
Smile
In Paradisum
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

dani wrote: <span title="Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:21 pm">3 years ago</span> Is that a new boy on the left?

Also what songs do we think we will hear ?

I am thinking

Joyful joyful
Sanctus
Pie Jesu
Angel
Smile
In Paradisum
Looks like Cameron Birmingham. At least three redheads in the group now.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I hope everyone is psyched for tomorrow. See you 7:30 Greenwich, 2:30 Eastern time.