Apart but Together - Libera Mini Concert (6 June 2020)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Libera Mini Concert

Post by TullyBascombe »

Be aware that YouTube Premiere is not regular YouTube, it's a paid service. You might be able to get the first week or month for free as a trial basis.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed May 27, 2020 4:34 am">3 years ago</span> Be aware that YouTube Premiere is not regular YouTube, it's a paid service. You might be able to get the first week or month for free as a trial basis.
I think you confuse that with YouTube Premium. Premiere is not something to which you subscribe to get better features, but a feature to watch videos together with others and there is no fee to expect.

I watched some of them in the last weeks. They are scheduled for a certain time and you can see a placeholder where it will be released (after Libera publishes the link). A reminder can be placed, which has sometimes saved me. Not so in the case of Libera, definitely. :mrgreen: And there is also a live chat function, which, at least as far as I know, can't be deactivated, but disappears later.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Wed May 27, 2020 7:30 am">3 years ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed May 27, 2020 4:34 am">3 years ago</span> Be aware that YouTube Premiere is not regular YouTube, it's a paid service. You might be able to get the first week or month for free as a trial basis.
I think you confuse that with YouTube Premium. Premiere is not something to which you subscribe to get better features, but a feature to watch videos together with others and there is no fee to expect.
Yes, exactly. Look at their support page:
https://support.google.com/youtube/ans ... 0341?hl=en

And... no doubt now, the video is pre-recorded. The only live feature is the chat function.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It had to be pre recorded to be honest. It’s different if you are performing one song but trying to perform 5+ songs would be a complete nightmare and then add in the live orchestra on top.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

So how do we access YouTube Premiere?
justin

Post by justin »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu May 28, 2020 4:13 am">3 years ago</span> So how do we access YouTube Premiere?
It's just a normal youtube video. click on the link libera will be providing in due course and it'll bring u straight to the video. the 'premiere' portion is basically just the 'live chat' function and the waiting room, which allows u to chat with other viewers in real time before and during the video.
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu May 28, 2020 4:13 am">3 years ago</span> So how do we access YouTube Premiere?
Here you find more info about YouTube Premiere
https://support.google.com/youtube/topi ... ic=9257430

The first month it's free, with or with-out a YouTube Premiere you can watch the concert, according a youtube help desk person.
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

seraphita wrote: <span title="Thu May 28, 2020 3:28 pm">3 years ago</span> Here you find more info about YouTube Premiere
https://support.google.com/youtube/topi ... ic=9257430

The first month it's free, with or with-out a YouTube Premiere you can watch the concert, according a youtube help desk person.

As explained before, the concert is shown via Youtube Premiere, not Premium. These are two different pair of shoes.

It's really completely easy, I promise! Libera will publish the link before certainly via their homepage and Twitter. And then you just click that link at the time scheduled, watch joyfully and can re-watch later, whenever you want to. For free forever. :mrgreen:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

We're Libera fans. We only understand the meaning of "premium" :lol: :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

What a treat this will be! I don't know about you all, but this will probably be the highlight of my month. This month, and last month, lol.

Hope you all are healthy and hanging in there!
justin

Post by justin »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 pm">3 years ago</span> We're Libera fans. We only understand the meaning of "premium" :lol: :wink:
Probably along the lines of Sanctum and Aeternum
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 pm">3 years ago</span> We're Libera fans. We only understand the meaning of "premium" :lol: :wink:
:P We'll watch premiere from premium seats. :lol:
LordG

Post by LordG »

It's always been premium seats with me. Except for last year's Christmas concert,
where I didn't even know about it until a fortnight after it went on sale... :roll: :(
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Sooooooooo......... Where are we going after the concert?
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Ahahah :lol:

I've been thinking yesterday that, apart from the concert experience that cannot be the same as a live concert (but I am still glad we can enjoy it that way !), I will indeed miss seeing you all, making new friendships, buying the signed program, travelling, enjoying the beauty of the cathedral, ...

But as I understand there will be a tchat so we will talk a lot about the songs as usual. I just want to draw everyone's attention on the fact that probably the kids will be able to read everything so we want to not be invasive and very positive about their performance !