Apart but Together - Libera Mini Concert (6 June 2020)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Libera Mini Concert

Post by filiarheni »

Libera loves to increase the tension up high. Not much more than 10 hours and still no link. :shock: Having a link is like having a concert ticket. :lol: I know they'll post it in time, yet it triggers my heart beat the less hours remain there with "TBA" until the concert. :?

I'm not impatient or even nervous. No way that this shall be implied here ... .... .....
:oops: :shock: :lol: :x 8) :x :D :shock: :roll: :shock: :arrow: :mrgreen: :o :twisted: :cry: :) :| :idea: :!: :D :evil: :P :lol: :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I found the link on Facebook !

See you later :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Phew! :lol: :lol: So nothing with early to bed today. :wink: See you all there, watching all as a Libera fan community.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Wonderful, enchanting mini concert, very diverse, unexpected set list and professional and above all creative videos, individually invented to every new song.

All was amazing - it was amazing to see all of you again anyway! - but my favourite was "Deep Peace".

Thank you so much, all Libera!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Terrific concert. Did I spot Ben Crawley, Josh Madine and Callum Payne there? I believe there were some other ex officio Libera singers also but I couldn't recognize them.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I guess we would all have wanted more but the quality of what we got was outstanding, many thanks to the team and the boys for doing this.

And, just a reminder to please make a donation, no matter how small, to help them with costs. Every little helps.

Libera Donate
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Ok, just going to throw in my first spontaneous notes...
Total Praise - what a surprise, so moving and gentle

Deep Peace - deeply (!) moving, especially in these lockdown times.. my eyes welled up.. I loved that Laurence T also had a solo! and just loved all the soloists in that. And a wonderful background with the clouds, stars and moon..!

O for the Wings - captivating, a perfect song for Dominik.. so clear
Ave Maria - Tadhg! o wow.. so delicate and pure..! The harmonies surrounding him reminded me of hands shielding a little flame.

Smile - so gentle and loved hearing Victor together with Mathias!

Joyful Joyful- wait, was it already the end? Nevertheless this was a soothing radiant flowing end to this wonderful miniconcert!!

I also loved all the funny speeches - and it was magnificent and touching to see Victor holding that 78 of Ernest Lough's recording.. a little bit of history right there.. From the days of that recording to this online worldwide event...
A massive thank you to all who were involved - the older boys, the musicians, the technical staff, all the editing, everything - it was Libera next level and just heart-warming to share with you all :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:07 pm">3 years ago</span>
I also loved all the funny speeches - and it was magnificent and touching to see Victor holding that 78 of Ernest Lough's recording.. a little bit of history right there.. From the days of that recording to this online worldwide event...
A massive thank you to all who were involved - the older boys, the musicians, the technical staff, all the editing, everything - it was Libera next level and just heart-warming to share with you all :D
I agree with your summary Maarten. For those interested in that Ernest Lough recording - it was a sensational hit back in the day and YouTube has it:

Ernest was trained as an English church chorister and that creates a very different style of singing from the one Libera uses.

Mercy & Love
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Great mini concert :) such a lovely surprise to see so many old faces. The audio was very well mixed, and the boys did a great job on the speaking parts. I wasn't expectant of even 1 song during lockdown let alone a set, couldn't be more impressed.

I did find the video editing dizzying though, with layers on layers of transparency (and a misty effect for good measure :P) - would have preferred a simple box-layout so we could see the individual performances better!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Wolf wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:23 pm">3 years ago</span> Great mini concert :) such a lovely surprise to see so many old faces. The audio was very well mixed, and the boys did a great job on the speaking parts. I wasn't expectant of even 1 song during lockdown let alone a set, couldn't be more impressed.

I did find the video editing dizzying though, with layers on layers of transparency (and a misty effect for good measure :P) - would have preferred a simple box-layout so we could see the individual performances better!
I think they had too many people for a simple box layout - but you can close your eyes and just listen :wink:

Mercy & Love
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Soooo let's have a concert's review :D

I would like to do a list of the boys, but since we do not know every name that won't be easy, so I'll start with the proper review and come back later with a list, that won't be complete whatsoever. I noticed some boys missing : little Cassius, Rocco, Peter, Ethan and Leo, and Oliver Mycka. Well done Hal, the only who could not access a white or grey or green wall, and filmed himself in front of a brick wall ! :lol: I loved the effect !

Total praise : Great idea to sing that song, so now we have a great record of it ! We only had the Krakow's live video with Alessandro, and the song already grew on me. I hope this means it will not disappear again from the setlist, since I find it really good ! Daniel did a great job !

Deep Peace : A lot of soloists here ! I am particularly happy we got to hear Lawrence on his own ! I already knew he had such a gentle voice ! So good job Luca, Oliver W-R, Lawrence, Ben and Neo !

O for the Wings of a Dove : interesting new piece ! I wonder if it would have made the setlist ? It sounds like the sort of solo we would only get on a CD. He all know the boy is really good, especially since he has his own youtube know, "duetting with himself" :lol:

Ave Maria (Schubert) : Oh my. Taghd was AMAZING, I'm not even sure anymore what interpretation I like the most, Thomas' was great but Taghd's smooth voice is incredible, he has perfect control of it ! Might he be at the best ever ? Please please Taghd's voice, don't break right now... not before October at least !

Smile : As good as ever, Victor doing a great job.

Joyful, joyful : Powerful ! All these boys ! And the solo part ! I loved it so much, this part with Daniel and Dominik and Luca doing the high voices. Sooo good !

Little notes : Neo's hair is beautiful, Daniel has Harry Potter lego, the miniboys are CUTE but I am lost, between the new-mini-boys and the previous-mini-boys ! The images of them playing were so funny, Matthias playing in the trees :lol: Well done to Jack's cat on passing the Jenga challenge ! Why is Hal running in a box ??? Joseph's sister is really cute (and so is her big brother).
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Here is the list !
That is 48 names ! I was surprised they did not give the name of all boys and musicians, especially since the names of the 8 newbies are absolutely unknown.

Hal Avery
Nathaniel Bates-Fisher
Luke Batteson Dialpiaz
Cameron Birmingham ( ?)
Nathaniel Brown ( ?)
Luca Brugnoli
Ben Bywater
Daniel Catalogna ( ?)
Dominik Clarke
Samuel-Francis Collins
Liam Connery ( ? goodbye waving)
Joseph Cranitch ( not sure ? his hair looks darker than usual ?)
Laurence Davey
Frederick Day ( ?)
Tadhg Fitzgerald
John Gardner
Alex Gula
Felipe Jackson
Matthew Jansen (only on Total Praise ?)
Ludwik Kowalczyk ( ?)
Joshua Madine
Matthew Madine
Alessandro McKinnon-Botti
Alexandre Menuet
Alex Montoro
Mathias Montoro
Frederik Mushrafi
Neo Parson
Nathan Slater
Koji Shinokubo
Taichi Shinokubo
Jack Spicha
Camden Stewart
Laurence Taylor
Calam Virk Tamana
Oliver Watt-Rodriguez
Daniel White
Sam Wiggin
Victor Wiggin
Morgan Wiltshire ( ?)
8 newbies

Can you help with the missing names ? I do not mean the 7 newbies, but the previous newbies !
Nathan Slater is missing from that song and picture, but I saw him on others so I had him to the final pic.
Is the boy between Cameron and Laurence Daniel Catalogna ?

Do you agree that this looks like it is Liam Connery ? I am not sure. We did not see his face during the songs, maybe he worked on something else ?

Is that Matthew Jansen ? He only appears on Total Praise

Mini-boys ! We only know Joseph's name, thanks to his sister :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you so much Padmachou for the names. Excellent work! Thank you also for everyone posting a review so far.

I really liked "Deep Peace" which is a song that has been renewed for me thanks to this concert.

"Joyful Joyful" had the unprecedented addition of a solo with Daniel with Dominik and Luca in support. They have been singing this song for a while and the addition of the solo part was pleasantly unexpected. As this is one of my Libera favorites it made me personally very happy. :D They gave "Salve Regina" the same treatment, in terms of adding a soloist, on the Beyond CD.

"Smile" never fails to evoke a smile.

While the Schubert "Ave Maria" sung by Tadhg alongside "O for the Wings of a Dove" sung by Dominik were totally unexpected. These are very difficult pieces to sing properly and they did a phenomenal job! Both soloists are excellent.

Given the conditions in which these recordings and editing were made, with the boys recording everything at home, the audio and video quality is really good. Of course it is not the same as a live DVD, but given the limitations, the video effects really made you feel like you were at a live concert. :D

I am also happy to finally hear "Total Praise" recorded properly. They sang that in Poland and then, I believe, never again. So having this recording is real gift.

Watching this concert live with so many fans around the world was a great joy.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:23 pm">3 years ago</span> Here is the list !
That is 48 names ! I was surprised they did not give the name of all boys and musicians, especially since the names of the 8 newbies are absolutely unknown.

Hal Avery
Nathaniel Bates-Fisher
Luke Batteson Dialpiaz
Cameron Birmingham ( ?)
Nathaniel Brown ( ?)
Luca Brugnoli
Ben Bywater
Daniel Catalogna ( ?)
Dominik Clarke
Samuel-Francis Collins
Liam Connery ( ? goodbye waving)
Joseph Cranitch ( not sure ? his hair looks darker than usual ?)
Laurence Davey
Frederick Day ( ?)
Tadhg Fitzgerald
John Gardner
Alex Gula
Felipe Jackson
Matthew Jansen (only on Total Praise ?)
Ludwik Kowalczyk ( ?)
Joshua Madine
Matthew Madine
Alessandro McKinnon-Botti
Alexandre Menuet
Alex Montoro
Mathias Montoro
Frederik Mushrafi
Neo Parson
Nathan Slater
Koji Shinokubo
Taichi Shinokubo
Jack Spicha
Camden Stewart
Laurence Taylor
Calam Virk Tamana
Oliver Watt-Rodriguez
Daniel White
Sam Wiggin
Victor Wiggin
Morgan Wiltshire ( ?)
8 newbies

Can you help with the missing names ? I do not mean the 7 newbies, but the previous newbies !
Nathan Slater is missing from that song and picture, but I saw him on others so I had him to the final pic.
Is the boy between Cameron and Laurence Daniel Catalogna ?

Do you agree that this looks like it is Liam Connery ? I am not sure. We did not see his face during the songs, maybe he worked on something else ?

Is that Matthew Jansen ? He only appears on Total Praise

Mini-boys ! We only know Joseph's name, thanks to his sister :D
The fellow you're naming as Matthew Jansen I thought was Callum Payne. I thought the man next to him was Ben Crawley.
Molyfar

Libera Mini Concert 06/04/2020 - Afterwards

Post by Molyfar »

Good selection of songs. Shorter than I thought - only 1/2 hr instead of the hour advertised.

It was nice to see some Libera old boys joining in.

Apart from that, it was a good show :-D

ENCORE!!!! :D :D
The old codger :-D