Korea Tour (2020 July?) edited 1/28

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Emily_kr

Korea Tour (2020 July?) edited 1/28

Post by Emily_kr »

Hello, it's been long.
And it's been very long since the last time that Libera's tour to Korea was a subject here, too.

It looks like Libera is planning to visit Korea this coming July! :D
There was a newsletter about a performance going on at Iksan Arts Center(IAC), and at the end it talks about some performances that are scheduled to be at IAC. Libera was mentioned to be scheduled for this coming July.
http://www.domin.co.kr/news/articleView ... _code=S1N9
(Thanks to Ro-goon, a Korean fan who's found the news first)

So below are the news/infos that I've collected after seeing that news.

1. Confirmation of the tour
The tour is not confirmed yet; they need to get more concert halls in order to confirm it.
The Seoul Art Management(SAM) that managed last two tours in Korea are again managing the tour.
Currently they are looking for more concert halls that are available, and in my guess, affordable, too.
IAC, the one from the news above, is also not 100% confirmed. According to SAM they are still in the middle of adjusting. But when I called IAC they sounded more like they are pretty sure it's going to happen. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm not going to lie, I am excited.
*edited* oops i forgot to mention that according to SAM, we will know for sure by February.

2. The number of the concerts
SAM is expecting/trying to get as many concerts as they can get.
Libera has visited Korea five times since 2005, and the last time in 2016 was the first and the only time where Libera did more than two concerts, and where they had concerts out side of Seoul area.
Iksan, where IAC is located is also out of Seoul, and it makes no sense that Libera will not have any concerts in Seoul or to have only one concert, coming all the way to Korea.
My hope is that they will successfully adjust everything and have as many concerts as they can have without doing any harm to Libera(physicaly tiring or etc).

3. Posible concerts' info
Iksan Arts Center http://m.e-jlmaeil.com/view.php?idx=178847
Incheon Culture&Art Center http://news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp ... 1111&cp=nv

Hopefully this isn't just a rumour like last year, and does not get postponed like 2015.. :wink:
Last edited by Emily_kr on Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
#WeLoveLibera #리베라사랑해
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Korea Tour (2020 July?)

Post by maartendas »

Hi Emily,
Thanks for finding all this out and I'm very happy for you :)
Ofcourse we'll be eagerly anticipating further details along with you and the other Korean fans :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

This is good to know for those planning to attend; of course we await official confirmation from Libera and SAM also. I am so happy for you and the other fans in Korea who will get to hear them! :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'm assuming that if they did visit Korea for a Summer tour, there's a decent chance they would visit some other countries in East Asia because of the length of time available to them. Taiwan, China, Singapore are possibilities, although I'm not sure if flying between Taiwan and China could be an issue in the future. I suppose you couldn't rule out some cities in Japan other than where they will be in October, or the Philippines. I don't know if Indonesia has ever been considered, but it's a pretty long distance from Korea. However, they did travel from Singapore to Tokyo in 2012, which is almost as far. I read that the Vienna Boys Choir visited Indonesia for the first time in 2016.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

A second venue is mentioned in some articles as to host Libera for a coming performance, the "Incheon Culture & Art Center"

https://www.ajunews.com/view/20200122085846421

For searches about Libera, in Korean:
Libera : 리베라
Boys choir : 소년 합창단

Let's wait and see if things confirm or not :wink:
justin

Post by justin »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:51 am">4 years ago</span> A second venue is mentioned in some articles as to host Libera for a coming performance, the "Incheon Culture & Art Center"

https://www.ajunews.com/view/20200122085846421

For searches about Libera, in Korean:
Libera : 리베라
Boys choir : 소년 합창단

Let's wait and see if things confirm or not :wink:
Got to keep it in my mind not to travel to 'Icheon', rather than 'Incheon'. :lol:
TimS_TheToolman

Re: Korea Tour (2020 July?) edited 1/28

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

This is pure speculation on my part.

With the sever Corvid-19 virus out break in S. Korea, what is the possibility the summer tour will be cancelled. I mention it because it has happened before with the SARs outbreak a few years ago.

It's almost the middle of March, I would think there are some hard decisions that need to be made very soon if this situation is a concern for the boys health and safety, including the older members of the adult staff.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'm still hopeful that the virus will have subsided enough by late July for the tour to go forward. However, any plans that Libera has for the next three months could certainly be in jeopardy, including recording an album.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:13 am">4 years ago</span> I'm still hopeful that the virus will have subsided enough by late July for the tour to go forward. However, any plans that Libera has for the next three months could certainly be in jeopardy, including recording an album.
Agreed. I put the odds of cancellation at no better than 50/50.
james010101

Post by james010101 »

Given that the October 2020 Japan Tour has already been postponed, I'd say that the Korea tour (which has never been officially announced) is probably postponed as well.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Today's (20th May 2020) tweet by Moose. Is the Korea tour going to happen this summer? Just speculating...
https://twitter.com/LiberaMoose/status/ ... 73384?s=19
IMG_20200520_223855.jpg
IMG_20200520_223855.jpg (224.69 KiB) Viewed 3490 times
IMG_20200520_223855.jpg
IMG_20200520_223855.jpg (224.69 KiB) Viewed 3490 times
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Seems unlikely to me :|
It must be something else.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

One possibility is that this was a scheduled tweet from a long time ago.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Virtual concert like other choirs have done maybe?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

The Ely concert was going to happen in 2 weeks so logic would say it was a scheduled tweet that went live. It was just in reference to Ely before lock down and the concert being postponed.