St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2019, 3rd December, London

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Celt

Re: Christmas Concert 2019, Tuesday, 3rd December, London

Post by Celt »

It's possible they will run with a stage extension. Considering row A was reserved for the artists, this might be removed which would give them 1 meter extra stage space, according to the details in the hire pack. There are also the wings, the artists come on from the right hand side of the stage, so they would need some space there, but the left hand side could easily seat several of the musicians.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:03 am">4 years ago</span> Barring something going wrong, this will be my first Libera concert. I'm psyched.
That is wonderful! :D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
chrisdavid

Post by chrisdavid »

Hi Andmar, i just saw your post and would be interested in one of your tickets. How do I contact you?
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

blackwatch02 wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:08 am">4 years ago</span>
andmar wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:20 pm">4 years ago</span> Still 4 tickets in row H in the middle are available. Please, let me know, if you are interested. :D
If you have any of these seats left could you please post on here. I'm not sure how to contact you however.
Yes, I still have the tickets. Check PM.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

chrisdavid wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:05 am">4 years ago</span> Hi Andmar, i just saw your post and would be interested in one of your tickets. How do I contact you?
Check PM :D
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:03 am">4 years ago</span> Barring something going wrong, this will be my first Libera concert. I'm psyched.
Oh, wow! I'm looking forward to meeting you in London, TullyBascombe. Libera live is a real experience! But not only this. I've been attending Libera concerts for a bit less than three years now and I can tell, that most Libera fans are the nicest people you can meet. I'm so glad to be in the Libera fan community. I'm sure you'll like it too.
blackwatch02

Post by blackwatch02 »

Hello Andmar

Yes I am interested in one ticket. This is the first time I have posted on here so I don't seem to be able to use the PM system. I have attended most concerts in England since the first one in Ely but haven't met any members yet. Perhaps we could arrange a time to meet. I live in South Yorkshire and shall be in London for Tuesday and Wednesday, arriving on Tuesday afternoon. If you can give me any advice on using the PM system that would be good. Many thanks for your offer of the ticket and the price is ok.

David
(Blackwatch02)
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

blackwatch02 wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:45 pm">4 years ago</span> Hello Andmar

Yes I am interested in one ticket. This is the first time I have posted on here so I don't seem to be able to use the PM system. I have attended most concerts in England since the first one in Ely but haven't met any members yet. Perhaps we could arrange a time to meet. I live in South Yorkshire and shall be in London for Tuesday and Wednesday, arriving on Tuesday afternoon. If you can give me any advice on using the PM system that would be good. Many thanks for your offer of the ticket and the price is ok.

David
(Blackwatch02)
Hi David, it's easy to use the PMs. Just select the "Private messages" link on the top of the page. You'll see my message in your Inbox. Select the message. Then you can respond by clicking on the "Send reply" button. Sure, I'm keeping one of the tickets for you. :D
blackwatch02

Post by blackwatch02 »

Hello Andmar

Still not sure I'm understanding the process, but I'm quite happy that we have now reached an agreement for me to purchase one of your tickets. I can see your message in my "Private Messages" but don't seem to be able to post a reply there. I will meet you in the entrance as you say, I like to get inside as soon as the doors open so that I can get a signed program. I will be in touch again nearer the time.

David
chrisdavid

Post by chrisdavid »

Andmar, hi, my PM is not working, it says i am not allowed to send PM, but I can receive them. It says i am too new on the forum. I have contacted Admin, but so far no reply. I do not like to post my email address on a public forum thread. Please could you PM me your email address so that i can reply direct and we can arrange about the concert ticket. Thanks Chris
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

chrisdavid wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:26 pm">4 years ago</span> Andmar, hi, my PM is not working, it says i am not allowed to send PM, but I can receive them. It says i am too new on the forum. I have contacted Admin, but so far no reply. I do not like to post my email address on a public forum thread. Please could you PM me your email address so that i can reply direct and we can arrange about the concert ticket. Thanks Chris
I did receive your PM and sent you a reply. :D All works fine.
blackwatch02

Post by blackwatch02 »

Andmar, chrisdavid has a good idea there, if you would PM me your email address I will then be able to respond to you. I am getting the same messages as chrisdavid. It will be good to all meet up on the day.

David
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

blackwatch02 wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:49 pm">4 years ago</span> Andmar, chrisdavid has a good idea there, if you would PM me your email address I will then be able to respond to you. I am getting the same messages as chrisdavid. It will be good to all meet up on the day.

David
Sent to both of you :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:00 pm">4 years ago</span> The more I see photos of concerts at St John's SS, the more I am convinced that the libera stage management can work only way: boys in the front stage and musicians in the back. Not the opposite like what the Schola does.

The libera choir will be large, over 30 boys for sure. There is no way they can all fit the limited space between the two pillars in the back, when they are arranged in a large arc like for Sanctus.
They can be only on the front of the stage if they want to be arranged in their usual position and move freely on stage without the risk of falling.

See this photo retweeted today by the venue twitter account:
I agree. I also believe that Libera may be placed in the front with the orchestra behind them on an additional platform to sit a little higher, like it was done last year in Moscow.

Celt wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:22 pm">4 years ago</span> It's possible they will run with a stage extension. Considering row A was reserved for the artists, this might be removed which would give them 1 meter extra stage space, according to the details in the hire pack. There are also the wings, the artists come on from the right hand side of the stage, so they would need some space there, but the left hand side could easily seat several of the musicians.
After the situation in Moscow, where there was absolutely no possibility to sit in the front row behind Robert, I imagine that Robert asked for more space, as I think he'll be sitting in front of the stage at the level of the audience again.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I'm not sure what tickets Andmar has left but I still have one on row F if anybody is desperate for a ticket.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love