St John's Smith SQ Christmas Concert 2019, 3rd December, London

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: Christmas Concert 2019, Tuesday, 3rd December, London

Post by Padmachou »

Maybe someone have a spare ticket you could buy, don't despair ! :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:23 am">4 years ago</span>
Seesh. No point to trying to buy a ticket at this point is there - unless of course you actually wanted to stay as far away from Libera as possible. I considered attending this concert but I have family coming for Thanksgiving, I needed to find out when they were leaving. Now I know that they're leaving on the 30th and could have made it to the concert, but I don't want to sit in the back row. Oh well, I wonder where they'll go next year?
I do have a spare ticket as it happens H23. You are welcome to it if it is of any interest - it would be nice to meet you at last after all these years on the forum.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:23 am">4 years ago</span> Seesh. No point to trying to buy a ticket at this point is there - unless of course you actually wanted to stay as far away from Libera as possible. I considered attending this concert but I have family coming for Thanksgiving, I needed to find out when they were leaving. Now I know that they're leaving on the 30th and could have made it to the concert, but I don't want to sit in the back row. Oh well, I wonder where they'll go next year?
Yes, spare tickets in row H are available. I still have H12-H15. :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm">4 years ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:23 am">4 years ago</span>
Seesh. No point to trying to buy a ticket at this point is there - unless of course you actually wanted to stay as far away from Libera as possible. I considered attending this concert but I have family coming for Thanksgiving, I needed to find out when they were leaving. Now I know that they're leaving on the 30th and could have made it to the concert, but I don't want to sit in the back row. Oh well, I wonder where they'll go next year?
I do have a spare ticket as it happens H23. You are welcome to it if it is of any interest - it would be nice to meet you at last after all these years on the forum.
That would be nice. How would I arrange to get the ticket?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:35 am">4 years ago</span>
That would be nice. How would I arrange to get the ticket?
I could post it to you if you DM me your address or, more practically, we could meet at the venue before the concert - too many people know me for me to stand you up 😉
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I think meeting up before hand would be best. I'll give you my cellphone (mobile) number by PM, you send me yours likewise. I know that my carrier has coverage in the UK. I'm not sure how my US phone number would transfer to the UK. Would a call between the two be treated as an international call? I'll clear it up with my carrier 2 weeks beforehand.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:30 pm">4 years ago</span> All that remains is to fill in the gaps between concerts.
In case filling gaps between concerts with concerts is welcome, this overview is not complete, but may be helpful:

http://www.concert-diary.com/?What=Lond ... 9&s=25&o=1

My wish is to see a play in Shakespeare's Globe Theatre one day, but well ... must be there at the right time, spring/summer. :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:25 am">4 years ago</span>
TimS_TheToolman wrote: <span title="Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:30 pm">4 years ago</span> All that remains is to fill in the gaps between concerts.
In case filling gaps between concerts with concerts is welcome, this overview is not complete, but may be helpful:

My wish is to see a play in Shakespeare's Globe Theatre one day, but well ... must be there at the right time, spring/summer. :wink:
That's amazing. London has more in 1 week than Washington has in an entire year.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Still 4 tickets in row H in the middle are available. Please, let me know, if you are interested. :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I have myself available as well a seat in row H and another in row J, both quite centred.

I fear there will be quite a huge gap of empty seats in the middle of the hall on the concert day :lol:
Celt

Post by Celt »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:04 am">4 years ago</span>
filiarheni wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:25 am">4 years ago</span>

That's amazing. London has more in 1 week than Washington has in an entire year.
There's loads missing from that. London is the best. :)

I saw 3 plays at the Globe this year Sabine ;)
fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:17 pm">4 years ago</span> I have myself available as well a seat in row H and another in row J, both quite centred.

I fear there will be quite a huge gap of empty seats in the middle of the hall on the concert day :lol:
I'm fairly certain there would be many interested parties in row H seats, although I'm not sure how you would go about getting the largest audience for your offerings... but given that the now remaining gallery and side seats generally have a poor view...
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Barring something going wrong, this will be my first Libera concert. I'm psyched.
blackwatch02

Post by blackwatch02 »

andmar wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:20 pm">4 years ago</span> Still 4 tickets in row H in the middle are available. Please, let me know, if you are interested. :D
If you have any of these seats left could you please post on here. I'm not sure how to contact you however.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Celt wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:45 pm">4 years ago</span> I saw 3 plays at the Globe this year Sabine ;)
Sounds good - the fact that it were so many times tells me that it must be worth it, so that makes me even more eager to go. :D

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:03 am">4 years ago</span> Barring something going wrong, this will be my first Libera concert. I'm psyched.
Wow, such a long time you have been waiting! Looking forward to saying hello to you there. :)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

filiarheni wrote: St. John's Smith Square, really?!? :D :mrgreen: I was there exactly two weeks ago for the Schola Cantorum (Cardinal Vaughan) concert! ;)  [...]

To those who are nervous about the occupied seats: In this venue, front row is not necessarily best choice. With the other concert, I was very early and had free choice as there were only a few occupied seats starting from row 5, so the front row was free. However, after checking photos to see the height of the stage, I decided against it and took a seat in the middle of row D, and my view from there on the stage was excellent, I could perfectly well see all choir and orchestra members, and I'm small!
The more I see photos of concerts at St John's SS, the more I am convinced that the libera stage management can work only way: boys in the front stage and musicians in the back. Not the opposite like what the Schola does.

The libera choir will be large, over 30 boys for sure. There is no way they can all fit the limited space between the two pillars in the back, when they are arranged in a large arc like for Sanctus.
They can be only on the front of the stage if they want to be arranged in their usual position and move freely on stage without the risk of falling.

See this photo retweeted today by the venue twitter account: