Topics about goodies ?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Topics about goodies ?

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The forum activity is a bit low currently, in the wait of the two Christmas concerts in a couple of weeks.

In such cases, usually we occupy ourselves making speculations about the songs to be performed at the concert to come.

In the same kind of futile subject, I wonder about the official merchandises and goodies, as photo books, calendar, mugs, tee-shirts, hoodies, pens, and so.

We all have such things on our shelves, right ? :)

Perhaps we can have a few topics about these items, with photos, bringing information about the dates and tours they where available, where to buy them if it is still possible, etc.

Do you feel such discussion may be interesting ?
enjaysea

Re: Topics about goodies ?

Post by enjaysea »

From my perspective, I'd be interested to hear what kinds of merchandise people would like to see, since we'll be ordering for the 2019 US tour pretty soon.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Ordering the goodies this soon ?
Could it mean the tour is more likely to be a Spring tour than a Summer tour ? :)

I suggest :
  • A nice photo book, like was the 2017's 'A libera Year'

• A calendar with photos, like those in 2015, 2017 and 2018

• What about a printed paper bag like those from 2013's Taiwan tour ? (see here).
    Likely cheap to have them made, very useful for buyers to carry the other goodies bought at the booth,
    occupy small volume when folded so you can have a lot in a box, light individual weight.
    With some nice photos printed on, those bags can be used as a sale booster.
    I mean, rather to sell them individually, it can come with a formula like 'Bag given for purchase of $ 50 or more'

• What about simple toys, like personalized Rubik's cubes ? (example)
    Then can be declined in various sizes, including small keyring.
    The numerous faces offer lot of possibilities to print logo, concerts tour list, and of course photos, small faces, close ups, wide angle photo, etc.
    the issue is probably the cost and of course the volume it can occupy in boxes.

• Or like personalized '15 puzzle' (I mean this) with a logo, a wide angle photo or a close up of someone, etc. They are much flatter than cubes.

• In Japan the plastic clear files where selling very well (see some here or here)
    Likely cheap to make, and very little volume occupied in a box.
enjaysea

Post by enjaysea »

Nice suggestions, thanks!

It will be a summer tour for sure, but we're hoping to sell more merchandise this time, so we're thinking about it early. :)
justin

Post by justin »

Excellent topic! I concur with most of Patrick's suggestions above, with some comments below:

1. Photobook - I would prefer the style of the 'Libera Photo Book' released in Japan in 2015. I think there should be a good balance between professionally taken photos and amateur candid photos taken by Libera members.

2. US tour exclusive apparel - T-shirts are great, perhaps like the ones sold in Japan, but with more muted designs (e.g. Black-on-black / white-on-white). The materials used could also be a performance fabric (like Nike dri-fit). Sample design:

3. Baseball cap - Since this is a US tour, I think Libera baseball caps would fit right in :) Sample design:

4. Stationary - Pens / Notebooks / Stationary cases / plastic folders
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Nice touch, to make an example design :D It gets the imagination going.
I would really like a Libera T-shirt but ended up not getting one in Japan because it was a black one and I didn't really care much for the design... In contrast, I love the white hoodie I got in Ely.

My suggestion would be to make candle holders. Maybe they were part of this year's merchandise? I can't recall. But something like a small glass to put a candle inside, with a simple Libera-style print, I think could make a wonderful gift. Lighting a candle is something that suits Libera's music and it's a universal symbol of hope and peace.

As a writer who keeps a diary, I also like the idea of notebooks and I enjoyed the pen I got at Ely last year. I used up all the ink but still have the flashlight :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Nick

Like Patrick says, everybody loves a photobook so that would be ideal. How about some stuffed toy mooses, perhaps with a Libera bandana around his neck or a teddy in Libera robes. Small things like a quality Libera bookmark, or a fridge magnet that is one of the boys with hood up on their robe. I may be wrong but bumper stickers seem to be a thing in the States (or is that a trashy kind of thing?) so maybe an I Love Libera bumper sticker or number plate. I think the last lot of metal pens they did were popular and could we have a Libera keyring

Moving on to more generic items how about things that people relate to Britain? I'm thinking things like tea towels (have you seen those 'Keep Calm and Carry On' themed mugs and stuff? What about 'Keep Calm and Listen to Libera' tea towel) or a Libera umbrella (I know they were invented by the Chinese but come on, everybody associates Britain with rain!

I've decided to split my ideas out in to bullet points:

[*] Toy moose with libera bandana
[*] Teddy bear in Libera robes
[*] Bookmark (quality material e.g. metal)
[*] Fridge magnet of boy in Libera robes
[*] I love Libera bumper sticker
[*] Metal pen with Libera motif
[*] Libera keyring
[*] Keep Calm & Listen to Libera tea towel (could also be a T-shirt design)
[*] Libera themed umbrella
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
enjaysea

Post by enjaysea »

These suggestions are really helpful. A lot of these items I hadn't thought of.

One thing, by the way, that makes life easier is if the item is small or light (this is my lower back talking), such as Patrick's paper bags, Yorkie's bookmarks, pens, keyrings, fridge magnets, Justin's t-shirts, and maartendas' candle holders.

Thanks for starting this thread Patrick. I'm taking notes.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:27 pm">5 years ago</span> [*] Keep Calm & Listen to Libera tea towel (could also be a T-shirt design)
Great idea for a T-shirt design!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
justin

Post by justin »

maartendas wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:19 pm">5 years ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:27 pm">5 years ago</span> [*] Keep Calm & Listen to Libera tea towel (could also be a T-shirt design)
Couple of samples:

"Keep Calm and Listen to Libera"

"Keep Calm and Libera"

john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Cell/mobile phone cases
Mouse pads
Wrist bands
Pin badges (collectable)
(T-shirts to include 3XL size please!)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:12 pm">5 years ago</span> Cell/mobile phone cases
Mouse pads
Wrist bands
Pin badges (collectable)
(T-shirts to include 3XL size please!)
I thought about cell phone cases but there are so many different types of phone out there that getting the right one would be tough. Do like the idea of a mouse mat though, would definitely get those. Could the pin badge, fridge magnet, book mark etc have the same design (like the image of the boys in robes on the front of Hope or Beyond)?

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

justin wrote: <span title="Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:22 am">5 years ago</span>
maartendas wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:19 pm">5 years ago</span>
Couple of samples:

Quick work, I like it!

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Let the shopping bonanza begin! :lol: :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

enjaysea wrote: <span title="Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:07 pm">5 years ago</span> These suggestions are really helpful. A lot of these items I hadn't thought of.

One thing, by the way, that makes life easier is if the item is small or light (this is my lower back talking), such as Patrick's paper bags, Yorkie's bookmarks, pens, keyrings, fridge magnets, Justin's t-shirts, and maartendas' candle holders.

Thanks for starting this thread Patrick. I'm taking notes.
I've had another idea...

Not sure about the States but over here the reusable coffee mug/travel mugs are huge. People take their own reusable mug to their favourite coffee store and they get a discount and help to save the planet. How about a Libera themed one?

Mercy & Love